The OFFICIAL Shox VC post - ripping, performance, colorways

Sorry to interupt the discussion about the piring problem. But I'd really want to know is will the black/red (black shroud) be the only colour that is going to have the new special lacing (with something like a string)?
I'm from Hong Kong and I've read from some newspaper that Nike Hong Kong advertised the black/red VC SHOX as "having a new lacing system different from the allstar VC SHOX".
Thanks in advance.

black's don't have that lacing! i was suprised

SO WHAT'S THE CONCLUSION TO THE RIPPING?

-don't rip, only guys who can't afford them saying they do

-the do rip, the shroud material isn't durable

can soem one post a pic of the carolina vc's or give me the pass to see that other pic from nikemedia.com

CYJACK did the review of VC SHOX for kicksology.com..he says there's no probs with ripping. WHO ARE U GOING TO BELIEVE? A professional, mature, intellectual, trustworthy, unbias reviewer? OR little dumb teenage boys who said that their VC shox ripped after one wearing? (without pics and proof to back it up).

I also bought my bro a pair of VC shox...he has had them since feb.7 and they almost look completely new EXCEPT for some minor minor scuff marks near the inner monkey paw. The material is damn durable and won't rip unless u take a freakin knife or scissors and intentionally try to tear it apart.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE WHO HAVE SAID THAT THEIR VC SHOX RIPPED....it is COMPLETE UTTER BS and those people should be banned for spreading false information on these boards. I AM GETTING SICK AND TIRED of these BAASTARDS. BAN them thx.

Somoene tell me how to post pics? Do i need to upload to angelfire etc. first?

ro: try starting an account with boomspeed.com. They'll allow you to upload images and host them. Then when that's done, just post them up on the board. Hope that helps. By the way, nice pic. Kevin McHale is the greatest low post player! So many moves, such long arms = unstoppable.

Here's your proof Rono...

VCskin.jpg

Satisfied? Nobody made this whole thing up to rip Nike off.
Allan

I don't see any drastic rip in this picture at all. I just purchased the blacks and they are one of the best shoes ihave ever had, and most durable.

RBK, I never said I don't like my VCs. I just wanted to show proof of the ripping. These are my favorite balling shoes ever. They're the most comfy balling shoes I've ever owned. I might get the black/red too. I like the lows as well.
Allan

Well, I think the concern is how easily the shoes rip. If they rip after a few wearings, that is definitely a cause for concern. Also, rips tend to get bigger, not smaller. So once an item is ripped, it is more susceptible to further tears in the material. A shame about these shoes. I've seen enough proof to stay away. *sigh* Oh well, more money for AF1s I suppose.

I hear you diesel. I just didn't really see any significant rips in your shoe. I mean, I guess some peoples VC's rip easily and some don't. Do you think it has anything to do with the colors. I know that sounds stupid, but, maybe the black/red was made more durably than the red/black..you know?

From the front of the shoe, you can tell those shoes are pretty heavily worn. If they are that good in bball, and only rip/scuff like that after that much wear, then its worth the trade off I think. That isn't enough damage for me to be concerned....

can anybody post the pics from the blue gold vc shox samples that were up a couple weeks ago???
i wanna see what the ones i am getting look like (ive seen the pics b4 but can no longer find them anywhere)
thanks

"Slammin MC's on cement, Cause verbally, I'm iller than an AIDS patient"- Nasty NaS

This pic was posted by joejoebob2099 a few days ago:
i-1.JPG

This is the official nike.com pic, thus it seems as if they will be officially released in this colorway:
302277_471_POP-1.JPG

Ced
Don't read this sentence.

I noticed that you're one of a kind

That makes you kind of the one

Here are pictures of the carolina blue ones, courtesy goes to the tags in the pictures.

s3.JPG

s1.JPG

s2.JPG

Ced
Don't read this sentence.

I noticed that you're one of a kind

That makes you kind of the one

thats not a rip stop crying
it might get big but its not yet and maybe it wont
"....remember wen he(Santas Little Helper) ate my goldfish and u lied to me and told me i had no goldfish... then why'd i have the bowl Bart....then why'd i have the bowl"-Millhouse

I think I'm getting hooked on the blue/gold ones....
[table][tr][td] [/td][td]
Nike SHOX 'Stunners'
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]​

^ That is correct!
[table][tr][td] [/td][td]
Nike SHOX 'Stunners'
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]​

This is just my personal opinion. I think anyone who fails to purchase a pair of VC Shox are missing out on one of the greatest basketball shoes of all time. Perfect in every aspect.

i hope ya'll know i was kidding about the non stick stuff....well hopefully no one tried it ....
but yea i picked up a pair of VC's and i was playin around with the shroud material and it seemed to be quite durable and flexible from what i could see and feel....but i havent balled in em so take the info however you want to.........

Like I said in my last post, I love my VCs. I don't care about the little tears. There is a bigger one than the one I snapped a pic of. There are like 5 total since I got them. I think the black/red would show less.
Allan

Sorry Diesel...I'm not trying to annoy you but, if you were trying to prove a point about your VC's ripping...please post the pics with the most drastic rips in your Shox.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom