The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Vika with the win! I'm happy for her. She's back in the Top 10 where she belongs.

Nole's gonna need his God Mode from last year to beat Raonic. I don't think this will be easy.

On another note, I gotta make sure I buy my tickets for Indian Wells early next year. I wanted these two finals to happen at the Oz Open... Can't believe I'm missed out on watching both of these matches and Rafa-Nole in person.
sick.gif
sick.gif
mean.gif

Vika with the win! I'm happy for her. She's back in the Top 10 where she belongs.

Nole's gonna need his God Mode from last year to beat Raonic. I don't think this will be easy.

On another note, I gotta make sure I buy my tickets for Indian Wells early next year. I wanted these two finals to happen at the Oz Open... Can't believe I'm missed out on watching both of these matches and Rafa-Nole in person.
sick.gif
sick.gif
mean.gif

Well, I did say he's gonna need God Mode to win. He's at a level beyond that now... Super Saiyan 2 Gohan style, lol.

This is Raonic's first tournament since the abductor injury and he did just take a medical timeout. He's obviously not 100%, but yeah, I thought this would be much closer. I know I'm not the one here who was impressed by his improvements this year and the media's been hyping him up as well. Nole's defensive is just too good right now.

Last edited:
Milos not playing (and serving) particularly well... plus Nole's playing his best tennis of the week.  No contest.  

Moore... what a damn fool.  It was at a media event too... how the hell did he not see this coming???  I see what he's trying to say, but the way he put it was just stupid.  

27th Masters title (tied for 1st with Rafa) and a record 5th Indian Wells title... Can I start calling this the Novak Djokovic Invitational?

Get well soon, Milos.

I'm pretty sure this will be Moore's last time on Stadium 1 right now. He better enjoy it.

Nole ain't even tired. Guy is going to Miami with lots of confidence and momentum. This sucks.Real happy for Vicha though! Wonder how Serena does in Miami.

Nole does what Nole does. As long as he refuses TheWindScar31's Meldonium shipments then he will be fine.

Hate to say it, but I think DelPo is done. Three surgeries on the same wrist and it was bothering him again today in his loss to Zeballos.

I was so hyped after his '09 US Open win against Federer. I was sure he was going to become the next big thing

:frown:

Last edited:
Wow... Serena's goes down to Kuzzy in the 4th Round. She loses 7-6(3), 1-6, 2-6. 50 UFEs from the 8x Miami Champ.

Welp, guys, I think this is a sign that Serena's reign over the WTA is starting to come to an end... I think her age is finally catching up with her.

Last edited:
She still has the ability... just not as consistent.  Rule nothing out.

Meanwhile, Muzz vs Grigor will be interesting.  Kim's in the house too. 

Serena just isn't super motivated anymore which is a sign of aging. She mentally can't seem to get it done over the course of a two week tournament. Evert said that as you age, finding the motivation to go through the grind is difficult. I've seen Serena tweet more about Tacos than she ever has. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. IMO the key for Serena is match play and working through her nerves. She will be fine if she keeps playing these tournaments and gets good work in. Physically she's there, it is the mental game where she's struggled which is a stark contrast from the first three majors of last year where she physically struggled but she was mentally strong.

Serena has also been on tour for a very long time, started when she was 13 or 14? hard to keep motivated for that long. Even with all said, she can easily win a slam a year by just showing up.

With more than 4,000 points to defend over the next few months, she better find that motivation pretty quickly if that's the case. She won't be #1 for much longer if she keeps this up. Vika's playing way too good right now... You know she's coming for that number one spot. She's already a win away from returning to the Top 5 (and will be a little over 300 points from #4 if she wins Miami).

I kinda want to blame Richard Williams for showing up out of nowhere (when's the last time we've seen him!?) for both of his daughter's losses though.
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Majors are the only thing that matter to Serena at this stage. She just needs to get her nerves under control deep in tournaments and she'll be fine.

Congrats to Vika on the Sunshine Double... what a run for her.  Definitely been playing some awesome tennis.

Crazy that BMS, as well as Nole, also have the chance for the Double... 

Miami+Open+Day+13+YV9Hrgx2uk4x.jpg

Congrats to Vika and Nole on the Indian Wells/Miami double!
pimp.gif

Djokovic is now #1 all-time in career prize money won.

Back
Top Bottom