The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

If you didn't get a chance to watch the Cilic / De Minaur match last night, the replay is up on ESPN 3. Highly entertaining match.

Also, the USO and AO allowing matches to play well into the night >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> . The energy is just so different.

Contemplating making a trip up for tomorrow's quarterfinals. Been a fan for many years, but I've never actually been to the US Open. Being able to see my favorite player, Rafa, as well as an American play in the other match would be pretty cool.

Anybody else going?

Osaka is looking good so far. Could definitely see her taking the whole thing, especially if she meets Keys in the semis.

Millman playing well
This US Open is looking interesting so far
Would love to see DelPo win it all

So bummed out. Fed was playing so well in the first set.
So weird how out of no where he just turned into a nervous wreck. So odd to see that against such mediocre talent.
He didn't deserve to win (clearly).

How do you go from having two set points on your racket, to go up two sets to love, and wind up losing in four?

Most disappointing thing is that Millman didn’t exactly play lights out tennis either. Roger had more than enough opportunities to win in four himself.

Pretty disconcerting as a Federer fan.

whoa wtf
Couldn't see it because of the time zone difference, but the stats of Roger look awful

76 unforced errors
49% First serve
10 double faults

Last edited:
Shame about the loss but I'm happy for Millman.

Met him at the Aussie Open this year and he's really nice and approachable to the fans.

Fed does a great job not showing much on the court. I can't help but thing fatigue played a factor. He always looks composed. Last night he was drenched in sweat and had his head down on the bench on turnovers. He was missing some real easy (for federer) shots. his timing was even off on hitting his slice and drop shots at times.

So weird how out of no where he just turned into a nervous wreck.

Same thing happened to him to end the 4th set and begin the 5th against Cilic at the AO final this year. He could see that Roger was on the ropes and went for the kill to begin the 5th, but it backfired.

He really should've won that title though. I won't even get into the decision to close the roof.

Most disappointing thing is that Millman didn’t exactly play lights out tennis either.

It wasn't lights out tennis, but it was definitely smart tennis. He was content with just giving him an extra ball to hit and waiting for an opportunity to open up as opposed to trying to force the issue by going for unnecessary winners. You often is the latter play out and it almost always ends terribly.

Back
Top Bottom