The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

I don’t know how I’m just now finding out that Tsitsipas is a vlogger

This dude is off the hook :lol:, already the goofiest kid on tour. Never change

danielle collins wearing that short skirt real nice. She was sitting down with her legs open not caring and enjoying the breeze.

That foot fault, followed by ankle roll changed the whole 3rd set for Serena

Not looking good :rolleyes

Edit: went from up 5-1 to now 5-5

Last edited:
Starting to doubt she wins another major smh. Seems like her body just needs too much time to recover for these big tourneys

I'm not too upset about the loss. There is no way in hell she was going to play Osaka on a bum ankle. I like how Pliskova danced around the injury during the on-court interview. She's usually pretty blunt.

Im not doubting or questioning the ankle bothering her because a lil tweak like that can linger

BUT ...

Man she had so many opportunities to end that match and to lose 6 straight games :sick: thats wild af.

At one point when Serena was up 3-1, that 5th game she was serving and Pliskova wasnt even trying to return service. I was like damn she giving in or just dont think she has a chance at returning.

Off topic, but my biggest pet peeve has got to be players taking a ball out of air instead of off the bounce.

:lol: I feel the same way. Unless you’re at the net volleying, let the ball get set :lol:

Didn’t catch the match, what was Collins getting into the chair ump for?

:lol: I feel the same way. Unless you’re at the net volleying, let the ball get set :lol:

Didn’t catch the match, what was Collins getting into the chair ump for?

She hit an unreturnable serve that was called out. Challenged the call, and hawkeye showed it was in. Chair ump decides to replay the point instead of awarding it to her. Watching it in real time, call came late. And even if it didn't, it had no effect on the Kvitova return.

But regardless of all that, she had no chance once the roof was closed.

She hit an unreturnable serve that was called out. Challenged the call, and hawkeye showed it was in. Chair ump decides to replay the point instead of awarding it to her. Watching it in real time, call came late. And even if it didn't, it had no effect on the Kvitova return.

But regardless of all that, she had no chance once the roof was closed.

6-0 in the third though, yikes. Kvitova like a vampire or something lol

Osaka coming on strong now...

What a demonstration by Rafa.

I honestly think he was upset by Tsisipas' warm up antics. So far, he's pretty much been content with not really going after every point, especially if he's already up a break. Most of the time he hasn't even made a play on the ball unless it was coming right at him or he could get to it with minimal effort. Yesterday was different.

It could've been the fact that he had two days to recover so he wanted to get a little extra work in, but he was visibly upset during warm ups.

Back
Top Bottom