The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

At one point Rafa was looking the most likely to break Fed's record. Nole took that spot. He done became Rafa's Kryptonite and the reason why he won't win anymore majors on the hardcourt.

So are people gonna say the GOAT is whoever has the most majors between the 3 when they’re all done playing? Novak seems less loved than the other 2.

Went to sleep for a couple hours and woke up to watch the first 2 sets. Novak was dominant :smh:

So are people gonna say the GOAT is whoever has the most majors between the 3 when they’re all done playing? Novak seems less loved than the other 2.

Novak has also had to work past the early years of his dominance when he turned a lot of people off and particularly some in the mainstream media with how brash and in your face he seemed to be.

He’s never gonna get the full on love that Nadal and Fed have because people have been behind them since day 1. He has done a great job in recent years endearing himself to some of the more conservative traditional fans essentially by catering his pressers and post match interviews to not rub those people the wrong way.

I think the gap Fed has in numbers still holds his position at the top for now (with the public) but I honestly don’t see anything stopping Novak from winning another half dozen or so over the next 4-5 years. Whatever happens, would love to see him snag another couple at Roland Garros. He’s the GOAT to me personally, and that would only further solidify it.

Yikes man. Glad I didn’t stay up for that.

f08s01r5zxc21.jpg

Nole is gonna end up being GOAT if he stays consistent

He was just neutralizing Nadal in the match
Would love to see Wawrinka step up against Nole, but he's inconsistent

Nole is my favorite player. Glad he was able to break into the Roger/Rafa club. Love how each player is the other's kryptonite.

1. Rafa's heavy lefty forehand I havok for Roger's one handed backhand.

2. Roger's aggressive forehand is a problem for Nole's forehand.

3. Nole's two handed backhand is a problem for Rafa's heavy forehand.

The villain is back. Balance is restored.

Congratulations to who cares for winning. Rafa doesn't stand a chance against him (maybe on clay?)

I'm gonna need some up and coming gluten loving player to wreck this dude while eating a piece of bread.

Fellas, I encourage you to watch the Showtime documentary on Nick Bollettieri, "Love means zero". Excellent documentary especially the parts about him and Andre Agassi.

Fellas, I encourage you to watch the Showtime documentary on Nick Bollettieri, "Love means zero". Excellent documentary especially the parts about him and Andre Agassi.

I watched that a few weeks ago and it was an amazing documentary. Nick really was (and still is from some of his answers) an a-hole but he got kids to the pros!

I watched that a few weeks ago and it was an amazing documentary. Nick really was (and still is from some of his answers) an a-hole but he got kids to the pros!

Nick was a scumbag but he did get results. Don't blame Andre for how he feels.

Nick was a scumbag but he did get results. Don't blame Andre for how he feels.

I definitely don't blame Andre for how he feels. He has every right to not yet reconnect. Nick was a harda$$ and once he sat with Becker, that really was the wrong thing to do.

I definitely don't blame Andre for how he feels. He has every right to not yet reconnect. Nick was a harda$$ and once he sat with Becker, that really was the wrong thing to do.

Nick even knew he was wrong for that plus sitting in Andre's player's box against Jim was a trash move.

Back
Top Bottom