The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

Did anyone else feel like they weren’t playing that great. They were just playing at the same level, hence the almost never ending match.

Or maybe they were playing at the same GREAT Level??? These points weren’t just a 1-2 punch, but long high level rallies. But that’s just my opinion.

Saying a lot that neither man had a 5 setter all tournament until the finals.

Seemed like a lot of unforced errors that shouldn’t have happened. Roger had 4 unforced errors on his forehand in the first tie break. 62 in the match. The 40-15 match point choke. Some very untimely double faults. Things like that.
I’m not sure how 62-52 unforced errors stacks up considering games played.

Congrats to "Nole" on #16. Thought "Djoker" would have finished the final in four sets but Roger performed better than I expected. An argument could be made Fed played at the same level if not better than Novak. I believe Federer actually won more points in the match but Djokovic obviously secured the more crucial ones in every tiebreaker.
11.JPG

Also hats off to Shintaro Mochizuki. First Japanese player to win junior boys' Grand Slam title.
10.JPG

^yeah roger had 218 pts won to 204.
Also 94 winners to just 54 from Novak.
6 double faults to 9 from ND.
25 aces to 9 from Nd.
He outplayed Novak in many ways but ultimately had too many mistakes

This is why I prefer Rafa and Nole to Fed. IMO Fed is more talented than both but their toughness and grit is why I like them. Fed is the only player I've seen where the underdog crowd rules don't apply. I've seen fans get hyped when dude is washing a guy in 100s. Fed is the GOAT for now but I think he's a frontrunner that racked up a good majority of his slams before Rafa and Nole came up.

THIS IS WHY NOLE KEEPS WINNING. Fans like WindScar keeping him humble, focused and HANDSOME

LOL!

This is why I prefer Rafa and Nole to Fed. IMO Fed is more talented than both but their toughness and grit is why I like them. Fed is the only player I've seen where the underdog crowd rules don't apply. I've seen fans get hyped when dude is washing a guy in 100s. Fed is the GOAT for now but I think he's a frontrunner that racked up a good majority of his slams before Rafa and Nole came up.

No matter where or who he plays it's always a "home game(match)" hahaha. Nole is the perfect villain. He's got the combo of talent, work ethic and smugness. Its great to boo him.

bottom line is fed had a lot of chances to win this match...he had 2 championship points on his own serve... i really thought he would close it out but nope... novak just played tough and stuck in the match and eventually won so respect to him... when he got the last point he wasnt his usual boastful self so props to him for showing class lol

That's what made the 09 Wimbledon special for me. Not only was it one of my favorite players (Roddick) but when the crowd turned and started cheering for Andy was awesome.

Body is ready for Kyrgios vs. Tsitsipas semi. Was gonna ride out to D.C. later today but got priced out waiting too long on StubHub tix :smh:.

shew

im already looking at matches im thinking bout betting lol cant wait to see some odds

Had a good day yesterday, got to see a couple qualifying matches, Novak practicing with Bautista Agut, and the legends match (Roddick vs. Blake) :nthat: excited for next week, hope I can see Serena vs Sharapova

IMG_20190822_153250.jpg
IMG_20190822_154938.jpg
IMG_20190822_163836.jpg
IMG_20190822_174437.jpg

Back
Top Bottom