The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

I can't believe Tomic and Scumbag Nicholas can't be friends. These dudes keep tennis LIT with their antics.

Yo I'm crying :rofl: Simona was signing autographs after her Cincy match and this cheeky dude asked her to sign a pre-surgery pic with her cleavage shown. 

There's two gems here: the little kid's reaction to seeing the pic and Simona's reaction after signing it

:rofl: :rofl:

Embarrassing performance by Muguruza. Still can't believe how far she's falling. Why can't these players play like they do against Serena. Pathetic

Anyway... a few Day 3 randoms... I'll look for more later.

Rafa's night kit looks sweet.

2016+U+S+Open+Day+3+SIuqdMApzulx.jpg

Rafael+Nadal+2016+Open+Day+3+p7hjkBn8AvCx.jpg

Rafael+Nadal+2016+Open+Day+3+_DxY3_Qf2rgx.jpg

Sock still not wearing the Ultra Flyknits LOL.

2016+U+S+Open+Day+3+MmJzaho0g_Xx.jpg

2016+U+S+Open+Day+3+GsPAcoWrH5ax.jpg

2016+U+S+Open+Day+3+oo3wEZ-skp7x.jpg

2016+U+S+Open+Day+3+sGc_gBXsPhyx.jpg

Still kinda weird that players who are signed by the same companies are given the same shirts and shorts to wear except for guys like fed or nadal. Confusing sometimes when the women wear the same dress and hats and are playing each other.

Still kinda weird that players who are signed by the same companies are given the same shirts and shorts to wear except for guys like fed or nadal. Confusing sometimes when the women wear the same dress and hats and are playing each other.

It really comes down to money.Nike, Adidas etc save the custom outfits for their most marketable stars similar to Nike not giving every NBA player a signature shoe.

It is cheaper for these companies to make less marketable players wear the same thing both from a marketing average standpoint and from an equipment cost standpoint. These companies hope that average people like us will flip the channel one day,see some random players rocking the same fit and we go out to buy it.

On the women's side the only players that I can think of that custom get outfits are Serena, Maria and possibly Ana/Caro with the Stella gear. Kerber gets a variation of the outfit as does Garbine. On the men's side Roger and Nadal.

It's nothing new though... we saw that with Agassi/Sampras... and JMac before.  When you have your marquee guys, you obvs try to focus on them. 

But I agree... the worse is when they have two players from the same brand wear identical stuff. 

Sock washed Cilic  
laugh.gif

The fits in this tournament are so 
smokin.gif
--- Kyrgios got a dope one up there^^

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom