The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

Nole has to get healthy again. Stan will always present certain matchup problems for him but Nole hasn't looked good in some time.

Nole has to get healthy again. Stan will always present certain matchup problems for him but Nole hasn't looked good in some time.
Yep, all about the matchups... and that Stan was able to rip those BH's down the line!  Sensational form today. 

And Nole made a good point... I think in terms of points won, it was really close (esp in the 3rd), but Stan just did better on the bigger, important points. 

Last edited:
Wow. He has the same amount of majors as murray.
Comparing stans majors to murrays isn't the same, in my opinion. Congrats to Stan, nole just had a long season. Honestly, I thought he'd get the golden grand slam

I wasn't comparing. patrick mcenroe said it. It was interesting to hear. Most will just hear they both have 3 anyway.

Last edited:

Why isn't the comparison applicable to Stan + Murray with the 3 slams?
To me, yes, they both have 3 slams, but if you look at the bigger picture, Muzz has made more slam finals, won more Masters 1000's and more overall titles.  

Slams: 3 vs 3.

Masters 1000 titles: 12 vs 1.

Overall titles: 39 vs 15.

Just more consistent.  

I wasn't comparing. patrick mcenroe said it. It was interesting to hear. Most will just hear they both have 3 anyway.
My bad, pat McEnroe is an idiot anyways and a Murray lover.

Why isn't the comparison applicable to Stan + Murray with the 3 slams?
This is MY opinion , I felt that stans majors win had more significance because of the surface he won under and who he played against. To me, the fact that he isn't a one trick pony, leads me to believe that IF he wins Wimbledon within 2 years, he could be in the legends status. Note- I'm a Murray hater [emoji]128561[/emoji]

Last edited:
I guess the next question is...

Who has a better shot... Stan @ Wimbledon or Muzz @ Rolly G?

Muzz has really improved his clay game, while Stan, if he gets on a hot streak, can certainly do it. 

Hmmm, hard to say. Everyone's been saying Murray grew up playing on clay. My question is, does he have the mental fortitude to stay with Lendl to guide him and play in long winded matches? On Stan's quest for Wimbledon , that gets more trickier. Wimbledon is the grail of all grails! He needs a lot of luck to go his way, with guys not being at their peak and the ability to attack the net with comfort. Hopefully Magnus can adjust his game to suit the slippery grass of Wimbledon
I give Murray an edge on this

Last edited:
2016+U+S+Open+Day+14+UPtGMaM3PVTx.jpg

2016+U+S+Open+Day+14+FCcuHZAPMCEx.jpg

2016+U+S+Open+Day+14+dHynVc2P99Wx.jpg

2016+U+S+Open+Day+14+U0aurLkF7-xx.jpg

2016+U+S+Open+Day+14+h3MXurhUyAAx.jpg

2016+U+S+Open+Day+14+iuS9WeJ8jjHx.jpg

2016+U+S+Open+Day+14+bruJyzNgKLax.jpg

2016+U+S+Open+Day+14+ga7vQ6bN9u9x.jpg

2016+U+S+Open+Day+14+ZL4lo_ZcKLax.jpg

2016+U+S+Open+Day+14+bSFDD7WHuw_x.jpg

2016+U+S+Open+Day+14+qGF1KWKq_3Vx.jpg

2016+U+S+Open+Day+14+MRNA4klgHhVx.jpg

2016+U+S+Open+Day+14+YGHZFhJv_gzx.jpg

I'm glad you're able to look at it with a bit of perspective.  2 slams, completing the career slam and taking the overall lead in Masters 1000 titles.
You should be very happy... he's had an amazing year. 

My thoughts exactly. TheWindScar31 is a real fan. Props to him.

@aepps20
 Spoke too soon... looks like he's taking the loss harder than we expected.  Probably the reality of it is finally kicking in. 

I agree 100 percent.

TheWindScar31,

We are all here for you my g. NT is a family and we support each other. Nole will bounce back next year and your support through criticism and disdain really pushes him forward. I tip my hat to you and I wish nothing but great things for you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom