The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

Tough day for Delpo. I’ve never seen Novak move that well.

That was one of the best three set matches I’ve seen in a long time.

Hopefully Delpo can stay healthy and keep the momentum going into the final stretch of the year.

Find it ridiculous how Serena is being defended by mainstream media, for acting like a child throwing their toys out of their pram.

A leopard never changes its spots.

Its very easy to continue playing the victim.

This sucks. I'm hoping to see USO Thiem play djackass sometime next year in a slam.

I agree 1000% comrade. Nole is my favorite player as well. I think our combined negativity really turned things around. I booed Nole yesterday and our combined negativity got him the W.

This sucks. I'm hoping to see USO Thiem play djackass sometime next year in a slam.

that would be a really good match up... still dont know how nadal got past him... not like it mattered since he retired the next match... i just hope rafa gets another slam and would be nice if it was the australian... he would be one of 3 players to win the grand slam twice

Find it ridiculous how Serena is being defended by mainstream media, for acting like a child throwing their toys out of their pram.

A leopard never changes its spots.

Its very easy to continue playing the victim.

I was watching cnn and espn yesterday and they were fully supporting her. They made the ref and the us open the bad guys.

I was watching cnn and espn yesterday and they were fully supporting her. They made the ref and the us open the bad guys.
They were just talking about it on First Take.... Molly was 100000% on Serena's side stating "Do you know all of the things she's been through over the years blah blah blah"

Max thought sexism was involved.

SAS and Will Cain both seemed to be on the same page. Didn't think sexism was involved because that judge has called penalties on Nadal, Djokovic, and Andy Murray in big matches within the last few years. Basically stated that maybe some rules need to be changed, since they aren't ALWAYS enforced, but rules are rules and she was penalized 3 times. None of the other dudes attack the judge like Serena did after their penalties. That stuff hasn't happened in 40 years with McEnroe and Connors.

I really think she’s reached a level where media people are hesitant to criticize her even if she’s obviously at fault. Now she’s a mom and everyone kisses her butt about that.

I hate that all the SJWs and 'feminists' are riding so hard for Serena, most of which I`m assuming don't watch tennis or have the faintest ideas about rules. I think Serena was wrong in this situation, although I can see the point of view in which it was a harsh punishment to dock a game.

I've been seeing people compare two tweets of NYPOST where its Serena headlined as a 'meltdown' and someone in baseball arguing with the ump as a disagreement or something and they're saying how its clear sexism. Look a little further back for NYPOST and you see them calling men out on 'meltdowns' as well.

I just hate how these people are using the first thing they see that helps them push their narrative and not logically thinking and researchign more. Smh thats my two cents.

I hate that all the SJWs and 'feminists' are riding so hard for Serena, most of which I`m assuming don't watch tennis or have the faintest ideas about rules. I think Serena was wrong in this situation, although I can see the point of view in which it was a harsh punishment to dock a game.

I've been seeing people compare two tweets of NYPOST where its Serena headlined as a 'meltdown' and someone in baseball arguing with the ump as a disagreement or something and they're saying how its clear sexism. Look a little further back for NYPOST and you see them calling men out on 'meltdowns' as well.

I just hate how these people are using the first thing they see that helps them push their narrative and not logically thinking and researchign more. Smh thats my two cents.

Spot-on. These people must have missed Serena’s temper tantrum in 2009 when she flipped out on another woman. She’s a baby and acts like she’s above the sport and it’s rules.

So her Coach admitted to coaching in the match after she said she was not being coached.

She stole Osaka's moment.

Who's the liar and the theif?

No one told her to act like an idiot for the next 2 penalties

Spot-on. These people must have missed Serena’s temper tantrum in 2009 when she flipped out on another woman. She’s a baby and acts like she’s above the sport and it’s rules.

She told the lineswoman in 2009: I'm going to shove this fking ball down your fking throat.

As a fan of hers, it was extremely cringe watching her meltdown like that. All these media types and "fans" who only watch Tennis twice a year jumping on her side just because they want to see her win. She says her coach was giving her a thumbs up, and the replay shows he was clearly doing more than that. IDC how much it gets called, if it's legit, it's legit. Move on a keep playing. It's only a warning. Then you smash your racket knowing you have a warning already. It's not the umps fault that Osaka smoked you in the 1st set, and it wasn't his fault when you gave the break back in the 2nd up 3-1.

"This isn't fair, I'm a mom"

Like what the Hell does that have to do with you acting like a spoiled child on the biggest stage in Tennis?

Last edited:
Freaking circus show :smh:. Hope Osaka and Serena match up again at Oz so she can whoop her in straight sets again.

Was some very well thought out comments from Martina. She removed the emotion from the situation and just broke it down fairly. Have a hard time disagreeing with any point she made.

I can understand being the best at your sport and feeling a loss coming on, especially to someone who has taken you down before. Frustration through the roof. But feeling you can vent on other people and not have any consequences is just beyond entitled.

For the comments about McEnroe throwing tantrums, for those who were watching the sport during the time he was playing, he was far from celebrated for his behavior. You may find one or two journalists who would call him passionate, but the general consensus was that he was a jerk through and through. He was DQ’d from an event and in addition to tons of fines was even given a two month suspension. He had a point deducted for just glaring at a lineswoman when he disagreed with her call.

Point is when you are on the backside of your career and players that you at one time would have handled easily are now hanging with you and even beating you, the natural thing to do is to start blaming everyone else or rationalizing. It’s the U.S. Open, it’s this sexist umpire, it’s because I’m a mom...

When really it’s the next generation closing the gap.

Back
Top Bottom