The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

Nadal is a warrior ..:he has to battle every match
Fed is a great and have the most talent .... it always seem like it was easy for him

Fed, Rafa & Joker are my top 3 to ever do it. Won’t put any of the three above the other simply due to the fact it depends on the surface and who is in form.

With that said Rafa is my favorite tennis player to ever live and the one who got me seriously interested into the sport. Although a couple years ago I played pick up soccer in Brooklyn with a guy from Europe who played professionally tennis and he swore Rafa and pretty much every tennis player were juicing. I found that entreating and didn’t believe dude..until I see the run Fed and Rafa are going on this late in their respective careers :lol:

I’m not sure about rankings but a prime Sampras could take all of them imo. His serve and volley is next level.

that would be an interesting matchup if he played in this same era.... I love Pete and was my favorite tennis player and got me into the sport... but I think his era just wasn't as good as this one... still doesn't take away from his serve and volley....his serve was dominant and just produced aces all the time then if you actually returned his serve you had to play against him at the net... RIP

it's a shame he couldn't win the French though

IMG_20190909_064415.jpg

The fact that Fed won 11 of 20 before Joker and Rafa really arrived on the scene (when the likes of Leyton Hewitt and Roddick were his main rivals) and have both since doubled him in majors won is why I think the GOAT convo is much closer than many would like.

Fed was the reason that a whole gen of players like Safin, Hewwitt, and Roddick were kept to single digit Grand slams. He was the most talented and complete player during his time.
And if it wasn't for Rafa's injury troubles in years past, he would probably be sitting at No 1 all time right now.
Nobody really saw Joker coming on like this. He was behind Andy Murray once upon a time when there was a Big 4.
He improved massively and ended up catching Fed and Rafa. It's not beyond reason that he could possibly have the most GS titles of all time seeing that he is the younger of the three.

But I'm just grateful that I got to see GOATS all in their prime dominating in this fashion.

Not surprised by Clijsters. She see's Serena competing well into her 30's and she's beaten Serena before. She prolly sees how easy the field is right now and thinks she can win a few more majors.

Very late post, but:
Had an amazing time at the US Open.
We went on day 1 and 2. On day 2 we stayed from 10:30 in the morning until around 1:30 am :lol:
The new Louis Armstrong stadium is amazing! Much better experience than Arthur Ash imo.

These are some highlights:

During the Pouille - Kohlschreiber Match, suddenly Paire sat in front of us. Crazy how only one other person recognized him. He’s a really nice guy and signed our tickets.

EDD47D40-8959-4BA4-86C5-46F8CF2A31AC.jpeg

Zverev - Albot was intense.
Some Albot fans were cheering very loud and Zverev lost his mind every time xD
0C353B7B-CAAB-4B37-9AB3-A633AC3992C5.jpeg

Tsitsipas - Rublev was amazing too. What a drama. EE4B5BA3-7D98-4275-B622-0687CBCD70EA.jpeg

Pospisil- Krachanov: A677188A-7927-4543-A5BF-0FCA1EB96C85.jpeg

Monfils is really cool. Chatting with the fans after points and making jokes. FA39036F-C5F8-4E47-BCF8-FBC909D387CC.jpeg

This was my personal highlight:

Before the match we ran across Boris Becker and got an autograph.

The Kyrgios - Johnson Match started very late and after 1 and a half set most people left the stadium. So they handed out a few seat upgrades. We secured seats 3 rows behind Nick’s bench and got free a free meal. Plus got an autograph from him. I will never forget this day.
Crazy how fast his service is sitting so close!

6943C7DB-5B03-43C5-ACD7-A188505860CD.jpeg 91148A1A-21F0-47B9-8C61-B2FE63321C85.jpeg 45797172-79A9-4A35-A656-84D6C893ADB5.jpeg E6F93CE9-184C-49C8-BF6E-0C433882EA5D.jpeg

(Picture quality isn’t the best. Only from iPhone. Haven’t found the time to look though all the pics on my camera)

Been to the Aussie Open a couple times love the first few days of a Grand Slam its like a tennis buffet so many matches to choose from on the outside courts and also catching the players practice just ridiculous how good the pros are.

Thiem - Djokovic was a thriller,
and this was an epic comeback in the 3rd set.
This tournament is already spectacular.

I’m not sure about rankings but a prime Sampras could take all of them imo. His serve and volley is next level.

truth, serve was untouchable with a wilson 6.0 85. Give him a modern stick, good luck to the field .

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right thread, but is anyone else really interested in those new adidas Tsitsipas had on during ATP Cup? I really hope they release those. They’re sick.

abdc9 abdc9 , they finally got him a shoe he won't rip through. And yea, they'll release. There's a promo clip with Mladenovic on his Twitter page.

Back
Top Bottom