The Official Treme Thread: Episode 2: Meet De Boys on The BatteFront Tonight @ 10:00pm on HBO

T0INE

formerly toine2983
 From the creators of The Wire, Treme explores the lives of several struggling musicians and other New Orleans locals in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina

Really looking forward to this David Simon =�$$$

pimp.gif

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Pugnacious D[/h2][h3]David Simon hates being pegged as angry, but it’s his fury—and passion and empathy—that made The Wire into such transcendent TV. Now, with Treme, he’s moved from postindustrial Baltimore to post-Katrina New Orleans, his irascibility very much intact.[/h3]
[table][tr][td]
simon100412_1_250.jpg

[/td][/tr][tr][td]
(Photo: Peter Hapak)
[/td][/tr][/table]
Spend time with David Simon and you’ll hear many nostalgic memories about arguments.

There’s the fight he had with producer Jimmy Finnerty about whether Simon’s investigative reporting for the Baltimore Sun would jeopardize Homicide: Life on the Street, the NBC show based on Simon’s book. “He says, ‘Don’t run the %$$%%@% articles!’ And I said, ‘That’s not an option.’ And Jimmy says—I wish I could do his accent—‘You %%+%##’ writer #*!%$%@#!@$@*, you don’t know when to shut up.’ We start screaming: ‘Who the *@%* are you?’ ‘Who the *@%* am I? Who the *@%* are you?’ 

Been lookin' forward to this for quite sometime now.

I'm not expecting another show like The Wire, but I'm definitely expecting a good one, though...

^ You hit the nail on the head Uptown

I'm not expecting another Wire either, but given David Simon's track record and the show's premise I expect great things from this show.

Finally!

Been hyped about the show since I found out about it.
Going to have to wait for the torrent though

I love Brass Band music... Intro was nice

LMAO, my friends mom grabbed an unbrella and start second lining in the house.

Originally Posted by jessieGRAS

I love Brass Band music... Intro was nice

LMAO, my friends mom grabbed an unbrella and start second lining in the house.

for real, it's impossible to sit still when that's going on

Feels like Im listening to a No Limit Greatest Intros and Interludes Mixtape, I cant understand **%# these dudes are sayin. I cant
pimp.gif
before I watch this anymore

Show was good. Steven Zahn playing Mystikal was pretty funny.

You can't judge this show until the season is over. Thats like judging The Wire after watching one episode.

Great show.

Just caught the first episode on demand. They did an excellent job of capturing the sound and vibe of New Orleans. I'm glad someone finally cared enough to get the accents right.

laugh.gif
@ "Feels like Im listening to a No Limit Greatest Intros and Interludes Mixtape, I cant understand **%# these dudes are sayin."

Episode 2: Meet De Boys on the Battlefront

Albert takes the law into his own hands. LaDonna gets news about her missing premiere.

I really enjoyed the Pilot, looking forward to tonight.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom