***THE OFFICIAL XXI POST****

I think its about time for one of these..No matter if you agree with the shoe or not(like all Air Jordans) it deserves an official sticky because of all the talk, controversy, confusion and posts about this shoe...
Many posts come up asking for pics and the inspiration for the shoe...many still think its the black jack...Also posts will be popping up with what players are wearing the shoe...
And the release date is comming close, meaning more questions, marketing and hype from JB...so I think its due...
***Edit**No Prob Rockdeep..Ill start gathering info, thanks to anyone who can provide it...

Air Jordan XXI Release Dates:

02/18/2006 Air Jordan XXI
313038-161 White/Varsity Red-Metallic Silver
$175.00

313495-602 Varsity Red/Black-Metallic Silver
$180.00

04/08/2006 Air Jordan XXI
313511-001 Black/Metallic Silver
$180.00

06/03/2005 Air Jordan XXI
313038-101 White/Metallic Silver-Black
$175.00

First off:THE FOLLOWING AD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE AIR JORDAN XXI. The ad was created by Sole-Collector, in order to just hype the readers up, and let them know what is comming next year...They chose to do the "Black Jack" them because of the number being 21...Jordan Brand apparently saw this and was very upset because this lead many to believe that the XXI was based on gambling, which is false...
photos1.blogger.com/img/2...0/aj21.jpg

The Head Designer for the shoe is D'wayne Edwards...His first Air Jordan...
Official Nike Description:

UPPER: Combination of luxurious Italian suedes with rich full-grain leathers. Forefoot breathability features are combined with a newly engineered durable textile for support and durability in key performance areas. Extended heel counter construction provides enhanced akle support. New foam-backed quilted collar complements the seamless booty construction to provide maximum comfort. Breathable mesh is brought to the tongue to dissipate heat, while the adjustable tongue cover flips up to expose the breathable technology, or flips down for a more sophisticated look.

MIDSOLE: Fully-double lasted phylon midsole provides a low-profile stance. Evolution of the I.P.S. (Independant Podular Suspension) now includes interchangable cushioning technology with a customizable heel zoom pillar or heel encapsulated pillar. Carbon Fiber shank plate offers midfoot and arch support.

OUTSOLE: I.P.S. (Independant Podular Suspension) technology is integrated with the outsole through raised herringbone pods for traction in strategic performance areas. New innovative outsole pattern offers multi-directional traction.

PROFILE: The future is now. The next generation of the greatest performance basketball shoe, designed for the greates player to ever play the game. The Air Jordan XXI shoe embodies all the elements: The man, the style, the legend... Michael Jordan.

More info on the shoe:
1. I.P.S (Independent Podular Suspension) technology places carefully tuned cushioning columns beneath key performance areas of the foot. Resting directly above the outsole .I.P.S is position for maximum efficiency in compression and dispersion of shock and energy transfer, enabling quick and responsive reaction to the highest performance needs of basketball. 2 Tune your ride with I.P.S. switch out the interchangeable heel pod by pushing it in from the outsole. Use the encapsulated Air-Sole pod for maximum cushioning, ideal for centre's and forwards. Use the Zoom Air pod for lateral, low-frofile responsiveness, ideal for point and shooting guards. 3 The Grill: the grill detail featured in the Air Jordan

XXI shoe derives its influence from the world's most desirable luxury sedans. Overlaying mesh in key performance area's, the grill design aids breath ability to help you cool. 4. Carbon Fiber: the densely woven carbon fiber plate provides crucial mid foot support and torsional rigidity for high performance under stress 5. Quilted Lining: once again, luxury sedans provided design inspiration for the luxurious comfort and attention to detail of the quilted lining found in the interior of the Air Jordan XXI. 6. Herringbone: the outsole draws its inspiration from the double helix of DNA, with dual-level " strands" making up the innovative traction pattern for extended traction durability.

technologies in this shoe. Interchangeable heel cushioning system lets you choose between Zoom Air or Encapsulated Air. The IPS pods are transparent. Beneath it are symbols of MJ's excellence and legend. IPS pods are less protrusive and flusher to the outsole for more stability. New outsole pattern allows you to stop on a dime and break plenty of ankles.

The shoe was inspired by the Bentley Continental GT coupe. There is some resemblance to the car presumably the car's "matrix" front grill and the front of the shoe. The red edge surrounding the shoe's heel counter follows unique styling of the car's rear Central High Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL) that is just 3mm tall but fully one metre wide.

Pics:

2.jpg

1.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

10.jpg

14.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

jufp1w.jpg

jufp1w.jpg

k3q6wk.jpg

k3q71f.jpg

k3q8i0.jpg

k3q8mh.jpg

k4dro8.jpg

oak39xl.jpg

oak73jh.jpg

oak139pj.jpg

20051224200903909.jpg

20051224200903750.jpg

20051224200903990.jpg

20051224200903747.jpg

20051224200903815.jpg

20051224200903809.jpg

200616173918889.jpg

200616173920789.jpg

200616173923375.jpg

The last one was scarped, but should be a similar low...

m73nlv.jpg
1220997853np.jpg

maa1jr.jpg

Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

Good post. A lot of other posts relating to the XXI so good idea. I like the XXI's i dont think they are ugly and i am glad they are coming out.
New Jersey Nets
#15 Vince Carter #35 Jason Collins #44 Marc Jackson #24 Richard Jefferson #43 Linton Johnson III #5 Jason Kidd#12 Nenad Krstic #0 Jeff McInnis #31 Lamond Murray #34 Scott Padgett #10 Zoran Planinic #30 Clifford Robinson #11 Jacque Vaughn #21 Antoine Wright

Arrff..since you have been granted the Official Tag.. Please incorporate all pertinent info. needed regarding an official Post..

Pics, Release Date, etc....

Thanks..
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
[/b]
You know what Rolls Down Hill Don't You?
Who Will You Call When "They" Make More than You?

Ok Everybody start lookin for pics,release date and what ever else you can find we meet back at this post at 22:00

ok break!!!!

Air Jordan XXI Release Dates:

313038-161 White/Varsity Red-Metallic Silver
$175.00

313495-602 Varsity Red/Black-Metallic Silver
$180.00

04/08/2006 Air Jordan XXI
313511-001 Black/Metallic Silver
$180.00

06/03/2005 Air Jordan XXI
313038-101 White/Metallic Silver-Black
$175.00
New Jersey Nets
#15 Vince Carter #35 Jason Collins #44 Marc Jackson #24 Richard Jefferson #43 Linton Johnson III #5 Jason Kidd#12 Nenad Krstic #0 Jeff McInnis #31 Lamond Murray #34 Scott Padgett #10 Zoran Planinic #30 Clifford Robinson #11 Jacque Vaughn #21 Antoine Wright

Im only getting the White Ones...the all red one are ugly...absolutely hideous
I Squeeze Clips and Gats
At your Knees, Hips and Back
Then Proceed Flippin' Crakk
Yous a G? Picture That
With Digital Camera on and a Freeze Picture Snap - Juelz Santana

Daniel Ewing - Let me drop that name before it's scattered all over numerous pages...

I'm also not paying 175.00 or 180.00 for them..

same thing when the XX's came out...they sold them for 175 plus tax I believe..

but I got them for 145...so Im good wit that..

I probably will get the XXI's for 145...im not paying 175 or 180..

I Squeeze Clips and Gats
At your Knees, Hips and Back
Then Proceed Flippin' Crakk
Yous a G? Picture That
With Digital Camera on and a Freeze Picture Snap - Juelz Santana

When do the light graphite/carolina blue XXIs come out that snuggles mcduggal posted pictures of?

The style and color number for the red edition is 313038-602.
Also, the retail price will be $175.00, NOT $180.00

the suedes and the OG 1st release (w/ red laces in them) = freshness. can't wait.
I'm the ugliest version of passed down toxic capitalist
rapid emcee perversion -- I'm America!
Your bleeding-heart liberal drivel gets squashed
Wash em with sterilized rhyme patriot-guided weaponry bomb
from the makers of the devious hearts -- I'm America!- EL-P

Quote:
the suedes and the OG 1st release (w/ red laces in them) = freshness. can't wait.

Yea these two shoes are great. They remind me of a mixture of the XIII and XIV. I will get at least one colorway when they drop.

i mgiht only cop the black colorway
"I Can Accept Failure, But I Can't Accept Not Trying"

The GOAT MJ

I like that if you wear these with jeans, the design element on the side is noticeable. It wont look like you're just wearing an all white shoe.
"And I'm....CHI-TOWN'S FINEST, where you at, the whole CITY behind us."

[/center]

Back
Top Bottom