The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

At this point, I don't think its the servers by itself. Someone at Sony messed up or this is an attack.

I remember someone getting fired at my job for doing what they thought was a harmless change and brought down the network :smh:

Last edited:
Trying to platinum an RPG can take upwards to 100+ hours. I remember having to play through Final Fantasy XIII TWICE because I sold the one item that couldn't be obtained again. That one trophy brought my total play time to over 200 hours
mean.gif

Ni No Kuni is another one. I didn't really understand how the familiars evolving worked and now I'm kinda lost. There are so many different familiars and I there's no way of  backtracking to see which ones you may or may not need. I just don't want to replay that entire game all over.

I'm off tomorrow so I'm hoping that these servers are back online around 3:00pm. That's enough time for me to get some sleep after this crucial 24 hour duty.

So much for the final day of Iron Banner for us PS4/PS3 Destiny players.............damn DDOS attacks

Yea telltale games are definitely dope Especially "tales from the borderlands". :pimp:

I also platted Infamous Second Son, Sleeping Dogs and I just play Uncharted 1... Working on 2 and plan on getting 3. Might try to get it for AC also.

I only plat games that I really enjoy playing and are deserving of multiple playthroughs/100% completion. Red Dead, Fallout 4, Last of Us, Sleeping Dogs, Uncharted series, Heavy Rain, Far Cry series, etc.

Wouldn't play a game that has an easy plat if it's not a game I'd enjoy playing.

1. How does Sony not have a top notch security system.

2. Why do "hackers" go after video game networks?

Someone enlighten me

1. How does Sony not have a top notch security system.

2. Why do "hackers" go after video game networks?

Someone enlighten me

1. I don't know if there is really security to stop DDoS attacks (if this even is one)
2. Boredom/Console wars.

Yea telltale games are definitely dope Especially "tales from the borderlands". :pimp:

I also platted Infamous Second Son, Sleeping Dogs and I just play Uncharted 1... Working on 2 and plan on getting 3. Might try to get it for AC also.

never played borderlands, would the telltale version be worth it to play? I copped the telltale collection and thats the only one I havent played yet.

You cant really prevent a DDoS attack you can only manage it by off loading the data requests and hope to detect it early so the DDoS mitigation tools can filter out the attack.

They do it for fun. Because all you need to do is buy a bot.

Last edited:
The thing that pisses me off the most is that if this is a true DDoS attack, then PSN can be down for weeks, even a month.

PSN was hacked last time by Lizard Squad and couldnt do anything about it, the only reason PSN went back online so soon is because of the dude that created Mega Upload, he offered them like 100,000 terabytes of free online hardrive space so LS stopped the attacks. I can only imagine that the hackers tech is better a year later so PSN might be down for awhile. :smh:

Last edited:
Am I able to play Uncharted during the PSN outage? I'm able to run Netflix so far...

I only plat games that I really enjoy playing and are deserving of multiple playthroughs/100% completion. Red Dead, Fallout 4, Last of Us, Sleeping Dogs, Uncharted series, Heavy Rain, Far Cry series, etc.

Wouldn't play a game that has an easy plat if it's not a game I'd enjoy playing.
For the most part, I agree. For me, if I truly don't like a game, I'm not even gonna bother finishing it. If I finish the game, there's a 98% I liked it therefore I'll attempt to plat it. If it's got some ridiculous requirements then I'd have to think it was an amazing game.

I remember trying to platinum Star Ocean 4. @empirestrikesfirst  Anybody who's played that game know's about them battle trophies 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom