The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

You will hate this one also.

Any particular reason? I love FF games but the new battle system was a really big turn off to me.. Exactly the same or updated at all?
I don't have a problem but others from Gaf

Action rpg, not 60fps, drop in frame rate, battle commands are not good. Feels more like a KH than FF, etc. It's a long list

The worst final Fantasy they have played. The hype has been killed with the demo release.

I bet most of those people complaining are the die hard fans from the 90s. The Final Fantasy turn based days are gone. It is what it is at this point. I'm looking forward to FF XV. I know it won't compare to Squaresoft FF days (for me) but that doesn't mean it can't be great in other ways. September 30th can't come fast enough.

I bet most of those people complaining are the die hard fans from the 90s. The Final Fantasy turn based days are gone. It is what it is at this point. I'm looking forward to FF XV. I know it won't compare to Squaresoft FF days (for me) but that doesn't mean it can't be great in other ways. September 30th can't come fast enough.

I love the og FF games but I'm very happy with what I've seen with FFXV so far. If they miss the old days, there's 10 games that play just how they like.

You caught me, I'm definitely a fan of that golden 90s era of squaresoft.. I loved FF12 but since that game they've missed the mark every single time imo..

All they had to do was make a game with nice graphic, a decent story, and turn based(not many AAA companies doing turn based)

But I'm sure I will enjoy this game

FFXV, No Man's Sky, Persona 5........pray for me brehs. Theyre gonna find me as a skeleton with a ps4 controller in my hand 

they need to a 3d secret of mana 
pimp.gif

I love the og FF games but I'm very happy with what I've seen with FFXV so far. If they miss the old days, there's 10 games that play just how they like.

This

The PS1 FF's were my favourite but if games don't innovate then they will stay the same.

Last thing I want is for Final Fantasy to become this.

View media item 1974426

FF is the premier RPG franchise so it should always push the boundaries. FF7 did it on PS1 and look how that turned out.

Last edited:
Ive never played a Final Fantasy game.

But the pokemon slander... Im out

FF is overrated, IMO, but dudes on here love those games.

I don't know how you can say that. FF games are not just about the gameplay that make them great. It's the combination of story, gameplay, story telling, and even pushing the graphics at times that make them so widely popular. But what stands out to me is the music that is written and composed for each emotional situation that occurs in the games at that very moment. It's like perfectly paired.

13 and 12 weren't great but 10, 9, 7, and the SNES ones are classics. 8 was solid but it was out between 2 great ones in 7 and 9.

Ive never played a Final Fantasy game.

But the pokemon slander... Im out

FF is overrated, IMO, but dudes on here love those games.

I don't know how you can say that. FF games are not just about the gameplay that make them great. It's the combination of story, gameplay, story telling, and even pushing the graphics at times that make them so widely popular. But what stands out to me is the music that is written and composed for each emotional situation that occurs in the games at that very moment. It's like perfectly paired.

13 and 12 weren't great but 10, 9, 7, and the SNES ones are classics. 8 was solid but it was out between 2 great ones in 7 and 9.

Not bashing it at all. I just couldn't get into them.

I don't think that was pokemon slander. He's just saying Nintendo's refusal to change anything significantly is making the franchise slightly stale. Like I'd love at home console pokemon with updated graphics but Nintendo/Game Freaks won't do it. They just won't.

I don't think that was pokemon slander. He's just saying Nintendo's refusal to change anything significantly is making the franchise slightly stale. Like I'd love at home console pokemon with updated graphics but Nintendo/Game Freaks won't do it. They just won't.
This. Not saying Pokemon is bad but that it is pretty much the same. It's not bad but it does make it stale imo too

I like the direct that pokemon went with 3d.

Shoot look at Bravely Default and how well it did.

Wouldn't mind DQ IV-VI getting getting remastered the same way.

You will hate this one also.

Any particular reason? I love FF games but the new battle system was a really big turn off to me.. Exactly the same or updated at all?
I don't have a problem but others from Gaf

Action rpg, not 60fps, drop in frame rate, battle commands are not good. Feels more like a KH than FF, etc. It's a long list

The worst final Fantasy they have played. The hype has been killed with the demo release.

In all honestly the FPS drop is terrible. It's going to be a HUGE factor when reviews come out. They've never been able to fix it and that's why there's really only 3 variations of magic in the entire game. I'm personally not a fan of the battle system but they want to ease a new generation of people into FF. People who have seen turn based combat and have been turned off at the slow pace or people who have seen games like God of War, DMC, or Bloodborne who need to have twitch reactions to progress fluidly in combat. "Dumbing down" combat was deliberate and they feel they can reach the most people with that gameplay style.

At the end of the day they need to sell as many copies as possible with 10+ years of money sunk into it.

Last edited:
Hybrid, any info on COD, Battlefield or e3 that you can drop for us?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom