The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Dark Souls 3 Hype.
pimp.gif
That's crazy.

Beserk status

kusmZMB.jpg

I agree. I quite liked it... but the one thing that bothers me is the combat is my least favorite part.

Haven't played either demos but apparently this was a tech demo thrown together by 2 people in the team and it's combat is different to Duscae 2.0.

Sounds like they were just testing some things out to gather feedback.

Did you like Duscae 2.0's combat?

That looks interesting. I'm surprised that they're using Kratos though. I thought there would be a new character after GOW3 if they made another one.

PlayStation 3.50 System Software Update Out Tomorrow
Full details of tomorrow’s big PS4 update: PC Remote Play, online notifications, scheduled events and more

[h3]Appear Offline[/h3]

On your Profile tab, Quick Menu and login screen, we’ve added a new option called ‘Online Status.’ From here, you can choose to ‘Appear Offline.’ This could be useful if, for example, you want to fully concentrate on your game or watch a movie without interruption. You will remain ‘offline’ until you chose to change your setting. Don’t forget to turn it back on to fully experience your PS4.

[h3]Friend Online Notification[/h3]

Now you can choose to get notified when your friends come online. To receive notifications, access your Friends profile, press Options, and select ‘Notify When Online.’ For quick management of your entire Friends list choose to ‘Select All’ or ‘Deselect All’ of your friends via Settings > Notifications.

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblogeurope/25629666963/in/dateposted/] [h3]User Scheduled Event[/h3]

On the Events tab, we’re adding the ability to schedule gameplay sessions with your friends. Just select ‘Create Event,’ and you’ll be able to make an invitation for an upcoming gameplay session. Choose the day, time, game, and send it to individual friends or a Group. When your event starts, users who registered will automatically be added to a Party so you can start playing right away.

You can also share an event to a Community. Once shared, the event will be posted to the Community wall and members can register from there.

User Scheduled Events can also be created in the PS App.

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblogeurope/26232343155/in/dateposted/]
[h3]Remote Play (PC and Mac)[/h3]

With this update, we’re expanding PS4’s Remote Play capabilities to work with PC and Mac giving you more freedom and flexibility to play your PS4.

Remote Play on Mac / PC is compatible with the following system software:

• Windows 8.1
  • Windows 10 or later
  • OS X 10.10
  • OS X 10.11
You’ll be able to select from the following resolution and frame rate options, depending on your Internet bandwidth.

• Resolution options: 360p, 540p, 720p
  • Default resolution – 540p
  • Frame rate : Standard (30fps), High (60fps)
  • Default frame rate – Standard (30fps)
You can use one DUALSHOCK 4 as the controller for Remote Play, which needs to be connected via a USB cable.

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblogeurope/26206421086/in/dateposted/]

More at the link

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/04/05/playstations-3-50-system-software-update-out-tomorrow/

[/url]
[/url]
[/url]

Last edited:
God of War 4? :pimp: .... but if they send me to the underworld one more time, imma have to just die or something :lol:

The Last of Us 2? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Update 3.5? Sounds like it may be near time to renew my subscriptions

That Ninja Gaiden knockoff.... im thinking i may be in

Been reading people's takes certain games, people still with the argument of "only x amount of hours campaign... not worth $60" People need to stop with this mentality, if that's the case, ya'll FPS heads wouldn't mind spending $100+ for all the hours you're getting out of it.

So how will remote play work on a computer? Would the disc have to be in my ps4 or would it only work with games downloaded digitally?

I agree. I quite liked it... but the one thing that bothers me is the combat is my least favorite part.
Haven't played either demos but apparently this was a tech demo thrown together by 2 people in the team and it's combat is different to Duscae 2.0.

Sounds like they were just testing some things out to gather feedback.

Did you like Duscae 2.0's combat?
Without spoiling the demo, the combat shifts near the end to what it was in Duscae 2.0, or a very close approximation.

I don't want to pass judgement on it quite yet, but as of now I am not too high on it.

That said, I have always been a turn-based fan so I have that bias.

So how will remote play work on a computer? Would the disc have to be in my ps4 or would it only work with games downloaded digitally?
Just imagine your computer screen being your TV.

It only runs on what is on your PS4, so you are limited to what you have downloaded on your system, as well as the disc in it. 

Like Bad Religion Bad Religion said, it's basically beaming what your TV screen shows over the internet to the end device which could be your phone, vita or now PC.

For someone who doesn't have a PSTV, this would be my first taste of remote play with both devices connected by Ethernet. Going to have to start taking my DS4 everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom