The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Man I'm trying to be about dat 2TB life and upgrade my PS4, but I have one problem.

The damn faceplate that covers the hard drive won't come off.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

The upgrade videos I watched made it seem like a piece of cake.

Anyone have any tips?

Man I'm trying to be about dat 2TB life and upgrade my PS4, but I have one problem.

The damn faceplate that covers the hard drive won't come off. :lol: :smh:

Anyone have any tips?

It slides out, so if you pull towards you, you should be ok.

The damn faceplate that covers the hard drive won't come off.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Anyone have any tips?
Create a backup of your saves to a 2 flash drives or with ps+.

Last edited:
^ Good looks fellas.

I put on rubber gloves to get a better grip on the faceplate and it came off with the quickness.

Anybody wanna run something?
I seen your message from earlier. I ain't been on the PS4 in a minute, my ol lady been on that Netflix :lol:

I've been giving the X1 some love lately. Finished all the Halo games and got Quantum Break coming in tomorrow.

finished TWD Michonne in a day and i liked it a lot for what it was 

@iYen  you excited for any of the TT games coming out?
I see what you mean, but I'd rather TT skip mini-series.

How you go from making mini-games to making mini-mini games?
laugh.gif

In addition to TT games, what's got you hyped as well?

The walking dead season 3 reveal with Clem being seemingly much older had me like 
eek.gif

Naughty Dog needs to take notes and make TLOU with Ellie being Tess's age.
nerd.gif

Game of Thrones season 2 is easily my 2nd fav. TT game. 

I went in with moderate expectactions, but TT exceeded them.

Depending on where they go with season 2, GOT could become my fav. TT game.

Season 1's characters were so strong. Especially Royland and Rodrik

Third, Marvel. Marvel's been killing it with the movies. 

I stopped watching 95% of marvel movies since 2010. Iron Man 2 was trash.

I went into Civil War blind and was shocked at how good that movie is.

Made me go back and watch all the good movies I missed.

If marvel's bringing that quality with TT, then it'll easily be a heavy hitter.

I still have a backlog of TT games.
embarassed.gif

Jurassic Park

Back to the Future

Minecraft

Tales from the Borderlands

Last edited:
Naughty Dog take notes from Telltale?

I see what you mean but hell naw, I'm good on that :lol:

Naughty Dog take notes from Telltale?

I see what you mean but hell naw, I'm good on that
laugh.gif
Imagine how lit TLOU 2 would be if they make Ellie Joel's age.

Just imagine the callbacks pulling at your heart strings. 

The game starts out with a middle aged woman. She's almost unrecognizable because of the camera angles.

She's walking back into some community from scavenging. Some boy walks up to her with respeck and asks "Did you find anything fun?"

She rummangs through her bag, but you realize it's Joel's backpack.

*que intro

TELL me that's not lit.

Tell me.

No, no and no. TLOU still needs Joel, you're thinking too far ahead. It's only going to get worse now that Elle's secret is out of the bag. It's only a matter of time, they're on the run at this point.

Beyond that, the chemistry was too organic. You don't break that up without some word of tragic build up.

Side note: Brave Exvius is great, been playing heavily for the past 5 days and haven't hit a pay wall yet. The nrg helps me to stop and actually be productive at work instead of binging.

Last edited:
No, no and no. TLOU still needs Joel, you're thinking too far ahead. It's only going to get worse now that Elle's secret is out of the bag. It's only a matter of time, they're on the run at this point.

Beyond that, the chemistry was too organic. You don't break that up without some word of tragic build up.

Side note: Brave Exvius is great, been playing heavily for the past 5 days and haven't hit a pay wall yet. The nrg helps me to stop and actually be productive at work instead of binging.
Alright. After the intro, we still see the closeup of the bag. Then the camera zooms out. Joel hands Ellie a gun.

Then you play the 75% of the game as a flashback. 25% middle aged Ellie.

Saying a franchise needs a certain character kind of limits where they can take the story.
When you got to play as Ellie, that was unexpected.
I liked that, so a sequel with no Joel is okay with me.

rumored ps4k.ppt

Last edited:
Don't see what's wrong with it.

4K TV users get some gaming benefits with their TV,
HDTV users get improvements to graphics and frame-rate.
Standard PS4 users won't be left behind since that's the base target. Games like Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War were all on normal PS4.

COD 4 Remastered Crew Expendable Video
Looks amazing. I'm not that into FPS, but this is the only FPS ever that really blew me away, along with Goldeneye 007.

Now if they only released a full remaster of the game as a single full game including the option to buy a disc version. I'm not buying that other game just to get this.

Alright. After the intro, we still see the closeup of the bag. Then the camera zooms out. Joel hands Ellie a gun.
Then you play the 75% of the game as a flashback. 25% middle aged Ellie.

Saying a franchise needs a certain character kind of limits where they can take the story.
When you got to play as Ellie, that was unexpected.
I liked that, so a sequel with no Joel is okay with me.
[rule]
I can see the series heading in this direction eventually, she's definitely the fan favorite. I think Kid Ellie stays tho, a lot of teens relate to her.

I see what you mean, but I'd rather TT skip mini-series.

How you go from making mini-games to making mini-mini games?
laugh.gif

In addition to TT games, what's got you hyped as well?

The walking dead season 3 reveal with Clem being seemingly much older had me like 
eek.gif

Naughty Dog needs to take notes and make TLOU with Ellie being Tess's age.
nerd.gif

Game of Thrones season 2 is easily my 2nd fav. TT game. 

I went in with moderate expectactions, but TT exceeded them.

Depending on where they go with season 2, GOT could become my fav. TT game.

Season 1's characters were so strong. Especially Royland and Rodrik

Third, Marvel. Marvel's been killing it with the movies. 

I stopped watching 95% of marvel movies since 2010. Iron Man 2 was trash.

I went into Civil War blind and was shocked at how good that movie is.

Made me go back and watch all the good movies I missed.

If marvel's bringing that quality with TT, then it'll easily be a heavy hitter.

I still have a backlog of TT games.
embarassed.gif

Jurassic Park

Back to the Future

Minecraft

Tales from the Borderlands
there a ton of games I'm hyped for: FFXV, No Man'x Sky, KH2.8, BF1, GoW4, FH3, CoD4 Remaster and IW even though a ton of people aint feeling it. that e3 footage of the game made me excited for it honestly as well as a bunch of other stuff

one game I'm really excited for thats dropping in 2017 is Pyre by Supergiant Games, they are probably my favorite indie game devs currently 

and i highly recommend playing tales from the borderlands fam that is tied with TWD season 1 as my favorite TT game currently still need to play GoT and Minecraft tho. what TT needs to do is make a season 2 for Wolf Among Us they been slacking 

as for the whole ellie and TLOU talk i think ND should go with different characters honestly i feel the way Joel and Ellie' story ended perfectly with different ways to interpret the ending about Joel and Ellie so continuing their story would kind of ruin the ending in the first game

I can see the series heading in this direction eventually, she's definitely the fan favorite. I think Kid Ellie stays tho, a lot of teens relate to her.
I understand that perspective. I'd just like seeing character development like that, even if it's sped up a bit. 

A lot of teens shouldn't also be playing tlou.

Then again I was playing re2 in grade school. 

**** that game btw.

there a ton of games I'm hyped for: FFXV, No Man'x Sky, KH2.8, BF1, GoW4, FH3, CoD4 Remaster and IW even though a ton of people aint feeling it. that e3 footage of the game made me excited for it honestly as well as a bunch of other stuff

one game I'm really excited for thats dropping in 2017 is Pyre by Supergiant Games, they are probably my favorite indie game devs currently 

and i highly recommend playing tales from the borderlands fam that is tied with TWD season 1 as my favorite TT game currently still need to play GoT and Minecraft tho. what TT needs to do is make a season 2 for Wolf Among Us they been slacking 

as for the whole ellie and TLOU talk i think ND should go with different characters honestly i feel the way Joel and Ellie' story ended perfectly with different ways to interpret the ending about Joel and Ellie so continuing their story would kind of ruin the ending in the first game
I hear you. The way some people feel about COD 2k17 is how I felt about COD 2k09(WAW). I accept COD for what it is regardless of it not "evolving."

Just watched the reveal trailer for Pyre. The art style is really nice.

I'll def get TTFTB. 

Good point. We already got the A leads to B to C to D storyline with Uncharted. 

Character/event wise, I wanna see B leading to D, but midly skipping C.

Basically, I don't want to go in knowing what to expect.

I wanna see TT tap into the anime world. I've said it before TT x Fullmetal Alchemist would be 
eek.gif

So many great characters/events to get inspiration from.

I'm gonna tweet TTG one of these days about this.

A variety of the voice talent in most of the more recent popular games were in FMA.

Baker, Willingham, Bailey, Caitlin Glass, and the guy who tried to stab the main character of Horizon in the trailer.

video for emphasis and spoilers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom