The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Got Witcher 3 to play through (finally got it black friday) so its not that bad. I have like 5-6 new games sitting there and no time to play them all

The hardest part about dealing with PSN outages is the fact that I game share with my bro so all the stuff that I purchase is locked for me. That being said, it's been awhile since we've had a serious outage, it was only right we start 2016 off with one
laugh.gif

Sources: Next Big Assassin's Creed Set In Egypt, Skipping 2016 As Part of Possible Series Slowdown

View media item 1855578
The next Assassin’s Creed, which we believe is set in ancient Egypt and code-named Empire, won’t launch until 2017, according to both a new online rumor and sources speaking to Kotaku. One person familiar with Ubisoft’s upcoming gaming plans told me this afternoon that the decision to delay Empire from fall 2016 was made after 2014’s disappointing Unity, and that this bump will allow the development team more room to improve and polish the game. The source said this biennial approach could be a new trend for Assassin’s Creed, which has suffered from franchise fatigue in recent years.
With or without a big game, we’ll still see plenty of Assassin’s Creed this year; Ubisoft will release two sidescrollers in January and February as well as the Michael Fassbender movie on December 21, 2016. Ubisoft also recently registered the website domain “assassinscreedcollection.com,” which presumably refers to a compilation of older games. That could make for a nice stopgap this fall.
A possible Ubisoft substitution for this fall’s big Assassin’s Creed could be Watch Dogs 2, which we hear will be out later this year and set in San Francisco.

http://kotaku.com/sources-next-big-assassins-creed-set-in-egypt-skippin-1750937895

I know this has been posted already but wanted to post the bit about Watch Dogs 2
Also, a setting in Egypt along with more dev time and the movie this year is the best thing to happen to the series in years.

I thought they would've taken some more time with Watch_Dogs 2. I hope we get a similiar jump in the next game like we did with AC to AC2.

I also wouldn't mind if we got AC: Rogue on PS4 this year.

Is it DDoS or just routine maintenance?

Mildly irritating, but luckily Mad Max is offline.
How are you liking Mad Max? I didn't finish it but definitely enjoyed it more than Shadow of Mordor. I'm just waiting on it to go on sale on PSN for about $20.

was really addicted to star wars battlefront surprisingly but since psn is down back to xbox one for some madden

Same.  Read some news today that the dlc got delayed until early Feb.
Yea i peeped that as well. Went on the Ubisoft forums to check things out and regretted it. Total *****fest on there about everything lmao.

You cant deny the game has some flaws. The servers are ****, i hate getting stuck in screens before/after matches. Matchmaking takes forever too. Hit detection still seems suspect. Now theres some new glitch with shields in the doorway.

But i still thoroughly enjoy the game and its my favorite shooter ive played in a long time. People on those forums all talking about refunds and the game isnt worth a dollar. I love it, just wish theyd get the stuff i mentioned above fixed.

How are you liking Mad Max? I didn't finish it but definitely enjoyed it more than Shadow of Mordor. I'm just waiting on it to go on sale on PSN for about $20.
Really enjoying it. I don't think I'd have enjoyed it as much if the combat wasn't done so well. Car combat is never frustrating and can result in some pretty amazing battles. The hand-to-hand is basic (similar to Arkham Asylum) but again, different varieties of enemies spice it up.

If you're going for the 100% or Plat, I can see how it may get a little boring. But each location is different enough to me to keep it interesting. 

A few minor gripes would be I wish strongholds were more unique and more customization/ were more upgrade-able. The story is also pretty blah, but as I said before, it isn't bad nor does it take away from the experience. The one side mission that I dislike doing is landmines, but it is by far the least frequent of the missions. I havent really dabbled in racing, but there are quite a few trophies tied in so we will see how that goes later on in the game.

Im about 52% complete and probably 60% done the story.

Last edited:

Really enjoying it. I don't think I'd have enjoyed it as much if the combat wasn't done so well. Car combat is never frustrating and can result in some pretty amazing battles. The hand-to-hand is basic (similar to Arkham Asylum) but again, different varieties of enemies spice it up.

If you're going for the 100% or Plat, I can see how it may get a little boring. But each location is different enough to me to keep it interesting.

A few minor gripes would be I wish strongholds were more unique and more customization/ were more upgrade-able. The story is also pretty blah, but as I said before, it isn't bad nor does it take away from the experience. The one side mission that I dislike doing is landmines, but it is by far the least frequent of the missions. I havent really dabbled in racing, but there are quite a few trophies tied in so we will see how that goes later on in the game.

Im about 52% complete and probably 60% done the story.
I remember looking at the trophies and thinking it was going to be long and tedious but games like that you can take your time with, put them down and pick them back up at a later date. I'm going in for trophies this year, I have way too many "easy" games that can be platted if I just took the time to actually play them...the goal is 60 plats by years end 
laugh.gif

Nice! 60 is absolutely doable. 2 a month sounds like alot, but it really isn't.

Another suggestion would be to use the Trophy Advisor PSNProfiles has:

http://psnprofiles.com/ricky_ff_iii/log?earned=unearned

I switched it over to just display platinums and you have a few games where the platinum is 20% achieved, which tends to mean they are fairly simple to get. 

My goal is a little more general; try and play more game to completion before moving on. 

Going back to PSNProfiles, I have a 39.52% average completion. I'd like to get that up as much as I can. 

Man props to you guys with a bunch of plats... I should have more but just don't like 2nd play throughs.. :smh:

My boy just hit 30 but he already know he ain't touching you :lol: Bad Religion Bad Religion

My goal is just 10 and I'm at 8. Just want to get to double digits. :lol:

Gonna scoop mad max soon. :smokin

Yeah multiple playthroughs can be draining, especially when they don't add anything new to the second playthrough. I don't think anything is worse than collectibles though. Again, it sucks even more when these collectibles add nothing to the game i.e. Uncharted series. I just like collecting trophies because it adds replay value for me. I can buy a game, beat it and instead of buying something right away, I'll go for that platinum and depending on the game, it could take me a few days or weeks.

empire is definitely up there. My man got 7000+ trophies. I'm just trying to hit 5000 this year and 60 plats.

FF XV to be shown in it's prime during release date announcement in March

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/01/final-fantasy-xv-to-shown-in-its-prime-during-march/
Played the new demo this morning. Brand new demo coming soon...

New demo is this section
Did they improve the graphics? It looks a lot better then the first demo.

I'm not even sure I'll play the new demo. I played Episode Duscae 1.0 for about 30 minutes and put it down. I just wanted to see what it was about but didn't want to get too attached. I haven't really payed attention to a lot of the news around this one. I just hope that release date comes sooner rather than later. I don't see it releasing in a crowded holiday season so I'm gonna say anywhere between May and August.

Yea I'm in the process of trying to plat Uncharted 2.. 100 collectibles... And I only got like 25 while I was playing on Crushing. :smh:

But since PSN is down bout try to finish that... I should be good even if psn is down right? If I get trophies right now they still count don't they?

I thought they would've taken some more time with Watch_Dogs 2. I hope we get a similiar jump in the next game like we did with AC to AC2.

I also wouldn't mind if we got AC: Rogue on PS4 this year.

Got bored and starting watching Game Theory and saw this AC game theory

Back
Top Bottom