The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I bet most of those people complaining are the die hard fans from the 90s. The Final Fantasy turn based days are gone. It is what it is at this point. I'm looking forward to FF XV. I know it won't compare to Squaresoft FF days (for me) but that doesn't mean it can't be great in other ways. September 30th can't come fast enough.

Repped.

What's the name of the title screen music? It sounds great.

+

Can you pre-order the physical anywhere else but the PS Store?

I bet most of those people complaining are the die hard fans from the 90s. The Final Fantasy turn based days are gone. It is what it is at this point. I'm looking forward to FF XV. I know it won't compare to Squaresoft FF days (for me) but that doesn't mean it can't be great in other ways. September 30th can't come fast enough.

Repped.

What's the name of the title screen music? It sounds great.

+

Can you pre-order the physical anywhere else but the PS Store?
The theme is a cover of Stand By Me.

Amazon and Gamestop are taking preorders now.

mad.gif
mean.gif
 Dammit 

Got a 2TB internal HD back in December, should had just bought the external HD and done this. It is cheaper and can put your 500GB PS4 HD to use. 

Last edited:
Mine still shuts off for me. Gonna jump on the ps4k deal when it is here. Or just cop that ebay/newegg deal and use the credit for games.

I love the Plat demo!

Starts of slow, but the boss ending fight is pretty good, trying out different combos and fight skills. Very short, but fun.

I don't think that was pokemon slander. He's just saying Nintendo's refusal to change anything significantly is making the franchise slightly stale. Like I'd love at home console pokemon with updated graphics but Nintendo/Game Freaks won't do it. They just won't.

This. Not saying Pokemon is bad but that it is pretty much the same. It's not bad but it does make it stale imo too
This and This.

Pokemon yellow is one of my favourite games of all time but I was expecting bigger jumps in advancement after that. For anyone who watched the anime as a kid, you wanted a game to get as close to that as possible.
The pic I showed is 14 years between the first game and last, whereas 14 years after the first FF is when FFX came out. It's easy to see which one has made big improvements over it's timeline.

In all honestly the FPS drop is terrible. It's going to be a HUGE factor when reviews come out. They've never been able to fix it and that's why there's really only 3 variations of magic in the entire game. I'm personally not a fan of the battle system but they want to ease a new generation of people into FF. People who have seen turn based combat and have been turned off at the slow pace or people who have seen games like God of War, DMC, or Bloodborne who need to have twitch reactions to progress fluidly in combat. "Dumbing down" combat was deliberate and they feel they can reach the most people with that gameplay style.

At the end of the day they need to sell as many copies as possible with 10+ years of money sunk into it.

What don't you like about the battle and don't you think they would have time to optimise the framerate.

And when you say dumbing down, do you mean they dumbed down the current battle game play or they dumbed it down by making it an ARPG?

I love the Plat demo!

Starts of slow, but the boss ending fight is pretty good, trying out different combos and fight skills. Very short, but fun.

Sounds good

I didnt know that the FF XV demo was only 30 min.

Last edited:
FF XV is 1 of those games where I'm going to have to wait for the reviews to be released first to decide whether I'll pick it up on day 1. FF hasn't been doing so well after 12 released. 

FF demo meh.  I beat the Iron Giant and I'm good.  Will w8 for September.

This PS4k got me tripping.  I hate the idea of buying another ps4... I can barely afford games.

:pimp:

Battle system looks great.
Haven't played it though and probably won't until closer to release.

Back
Top Bottom