The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I'm so confused by these reviews. 10/10 by multiple companies, but user reviews are horrid.
What's going on?

First one was my first game ever - bummed to see these mixed reviews
Everyone is upset about Joel dying. I can guarantee 90% of those reviews were left before they even finished the game.

bruh. Joel was that guy. You followed his story and feel bad for him and he keeps losing people all the way. The girl was cool in the first game, but I don’t think she could’ve kept the story going.

Everyone is upset about Joel dying. I can guarantee 90% of those reviews were left before they even finished the game.

Don't read unless you've finished the game:

It's not this, it's the way it was done.

Joel/Tommy would never put themselves in a situation like that, ever.

Why did Abby just let Tommy go? How does she have no clue who Ellie is?

This is someone who has traveled across multiple states to track down Joel, she doesn't think Tommy is gonna come looking for her?

She know's he has the resources and people to do it, she's seen his camp.

Also, his death was meaningless, there's no payoff.

You kill 1000 people getting to Abby just to let her go?

You play half the game as Abby? :lol:

Plus, they try to make you feel sympathy for her? :lol:

Identity politics in a world that's in shambles and everything is life or death? :lol:

Seems like this game was made for their little political bubble and not fans of the first.

It's story driven game that's poorly written, the hate is warranted.

the hate is warranted for that ending but how many people actually finished the game before review bombing it? Game is not a masterpiece but not a 3/10 even a 5/10 either.

People knew what was going to happen from the leaks.

I would say that most of those user reviews are from people who haven't even played the game, they just read/saw the leaks and said "nope".

Last edited by a moderator:
brendasdeadbaby brendasdeadbaby , people knew what was going to happen from the leaks.

I would say that most of those user reviews are from people who haven't even played the game, they just read the leaks and said "nope".

not a fair assessment of the game. Can’t review a game with out actually playing through it. Like watching a movie and reviewing it after a few YouTube clips. Game is nowhere near as bad as you and many are trying to make it. This game release is toxic b.

It's funny how people are mad about this ending but are okay with Naruto not killing Pein. It's the same thing. Revenge is horrible and doesn't solve ****. You can kill Abby, Ellie but what would that really do? It won't be Joel back. You are so consumed by this that you murdered all these people. For what? You'll never get the joy that you had back and you ****ed over other in the same way. Hurt people hurt people. End the cycle.

That's how I felt about it anyway. Its fine to not like.

not a fair assessment of the game. Can’t review a game with out actually playing through it. Like watching a movie and reviewing it after a few YouTube clips. Game is nowhere near as bad as you and many are trying to make it. This game release is toxic b.

Who said anything about fair?

You yourself said the game isn't a masterpiece, why is the game getting 10/10's everywhere?

From a technical aspect, the game is great besides the AI, which was a problem in the 1st game as well.

However, this is a story driven game that has a poorly written story, so yea, it's trash to me and I can see why a lot of other people feel the same way.

If you're ok w/ weak writing and nonsensical endings cool, but I'm not.

You got to be a sad dude to run to metacritic as soon as the game is released and leave a negative review because you don't agree with some of the political themes of the game. Especially a game you never played.

Btw I might need to lower the difficulty, I'm getting washed out here.

It's funny how people are mad about this ending but are okay with Naruto not killing Pein. It's the same thing. Revenge is horrible and doesn't solve ****. You can kill Abby, Ellie but what would that really do? It won't be Joel back. You are so consumed by this that you murdered all these people. For what? You'll never get the joy that you had back and you ****ed over other in the same way. Hurt people hurt people. End the cycle.

Ellie didn't forgive the guy who called her names in the beginning of the game, it's believable to you that she's going to forgive the woman who caved Joel's head in with a golf club?

Joel's death was meaningless, he died for nothing at the hands of a character that no one gives a damn about.

They setup a revenge story by killing him off in that way and then at the end said "nah".

Who said anything about fair?

You yourself said the game isn't a masterpiece, why is the game getting 10/10's everywhere?

From a technical aspect, the game is great besides the AI, which was a problem in the 1st game as well.

However, this is a story driven game that has a poorly written story, so yea, it's trash to me and I can see why a lot of other people feel the same way.

If you're ok w/ weak writing and nonsensical endings cool, but I'm not.

because it’s my opinion It’s not a masterpiece but it’s not some mediocre junk you claim it to be. I don’t know why some reviewers gave it a 10 go read their reviews. just like you have your opinion but I’m not in here tho trying to **** on anybody that does like the game and series.

never watched nurato can’t compare.

Last edited:

Not exactly the same here.
Joel became a father figure to Ellie and was ultimately the only family she had. Abby took that way from her. Yes, Pain killed Jiraiya but he wasn't exactly a father figure to Naruto and he had other people that Naruto considered family such as Kakashi, Sasuke, and Sakura. Joel was literally all Ellie had. Jiraiya also didn't save Naruto's life. Also, Konan jumped in front of Naruto, blocking him from killing Pain.

Feels like it's gonna take me forever to finish Pt. II

I'm just soaking it all in. Appreciating all the details.

This and the original Persona 5 are my only must have super collectibles.
Yeah no judgement here bro. I go all out for Final Fantasy
Feels like it's gonna take me forever to finish Pt. II

I'm just soaking it all in. Appreciating all the details.
Same here. I cracked 11 hours and I feel like I haven't even really opened things up yet. I explore every nook and cranny. I catch myself trying to get into areas that I'm probably not even able to get into :lol:

I'm still on Seattle Day 2

I’m not in here tho trying to **** on anybody that does like the game and series.

I'm ****ting on the game, I'm not sorry that you feel attacked because my opinion doesn't align w/ yours.

You seem to take issue w/ people who don't like the game, which is why you called the reddit a circle jerk cesspool.

Like I said, not everybody is willing to overlook poor writing, empty characters and a weak ending.

If you are, cool, ignore me and buy the 3rd game when it drops.

Ellie didn't forgive the guy who called her names in the beginning of the game, it's believable to you that she's going to forgive the woman who caved Joel's head in with a golf club?

Joel's death was meaningless, he died for nothing at the hands of a character that no one gives a damn about.

They setup a revenge story by killing him off in that way and then at the end said "nah".

She didn't forgive her... she's going to "try". When she finally is about to kill her, she realized its not worth it. Its a common trope. Its a story about revenge. How revenge corrupts you, destroys who you are. Ellie is letting her revenge destroy everything else good around her.
At least, that's what I got from it.

I'm ****ting on the game, I'm not sorry that you feel attacked because my opinion doesn't align w/ yours.

You seem to take issue w/ people who don't like the game, which is why you called the reddit a circle jerk cesspool.

Like I said, not everybody is willing to overlook poor writing, empty characters and a weak ending.

If you are, cool, ignore me and buy the 3rd game when it drops.
The first thing you see on that reddit is a bunch of Neil “c uckman” and Manbby memes yeah I don’t take them serious at all they have other issues beyond this game. The fact you are aligning/defending them makes me give you a double look as well to be frank. Your condescending prick attitude when you said enjoy part 3 then I feel sorry for you is what I’m getting at when I say let people enjoy the game

Still not sorry that you feel attacked, ignore me and keep it moving.

why is the game getting 10/10's everywhere?

Because most people understand the narrative message and others don’t or have no willingness to. I’m not going to get into discussion about that in this thread because of spoilers but if you or anyone would like to discuss PM me.

Curious though, if you’re willing to answer... how old are you?

Back
Top Bottom