The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

went ahead and preorder the GoT SE. Regret having to cancel my Best Buy preorder with GCU, but I am happy to have found an SE at retail at this point...

73A1BE3D-1CE9-47A8-9901-FFD85AC852EC.jpeg

Just talked to a friend who is reviewing Ghosts.

I'll put what they said under a spoiler tag in case you don't want any opinions influencing your purchase and/or playthrough.

- "most beautiful game on the platform"
- combat is bad; "they try to overwhelm you with enemies, but you can kill them pretty much instantly"
- story is boring
- side quests don't really add anything to the story unless it's to unlock a new ability or gain exp
- if you're super into Samurai films, you'll most likely enjoy it
- about 30 hours doing the main story and the majority of the side quests

Interesting......

Interesting......

They said that about halfway through the game, they got really bored of everything and stopped doing side quests and just powered through it as fast as they could. I might try and get a discount code and try it out, because I'm very curious myself. I do trust this person's opinion, though. I had a suspicion about the combat for SURE after seeing that video from State of Play. The AI just seemed so... Dumb.

Just to kill time

Non digital or Digital ?
1.PNG

Taking the plunge and going digital.
Crazy how I used to be all about physical media, now all my movies and 98% of my games are on my PS4.

The only thing that makes me nervous is if I don't like a game AT ALL I'm stuck with it, I seriously hope all games have demos just for this reason or most.

It’s more weighty than the DS4 but very similar in size. Dual sense is only slightly bigger. The build quality is much improved but it had to be because of the haptic triggers and feedback throughout the controller.

There’s nothing special about the back of it. I just can’t show it to you for reasons that are not feature related.

It’s more weighty than the DS4 but very similar in size. Dual sense is only slightly bigger. The build quality is much improved but it had to be because of the haptic triggers and feedback throughout the controller.

There’s nothing special about the back of it. I just can’t show it to you for reasons that are not feature related.

Blink once if it's gonna be $399...twice if above $499

:lol:

Just talked to a friend who is reviewing Ghosts.

I'll put what they said under a spoiler tag in case you don't want any opinions influencing your purchase and/or playthrough.

- "most beautiful game on the platform"
- combat is bad; "they try to overwhelm you with enemies, but you can kill them pretty much instantly"
- story is boring
- side quests don't really add anything to the story unless it's to unlock a new ability or gain exp
- if you're super into Samurai films, you'll most likely enjoy it
- about 30 hours doing the main story and the majority of the side quests

These were my initial predictions about the game when it was announced. Gonna wait a little for this one.

I'm going to cop an extra controller or two at launch. I know them joints probably going to be about $80 so I hope they last. I also hope my Astros work with PS5.

The media remote looks cool but I doubt i'll use it as a media player though it will probably be beastly if the os doesn't hamper it. Not trying to hear a movie over a jet turbine. Plus already got a shield pro, fantastic.

Leaning towards the digital PS5.

With all the talk about the sound chip, 3D audio, and whatnot, I think I'm gonna grab the headset.

Still don't love the dualsense color scheme. I have high hopes for the new features though. In a world without COVID, we'd probably have hands-on impressions from everywhere. Bummer.

1.png

A black touchpad suits it much better from this angle, at least.

Controller is so clean.

Will wait for Special editions down the line before getting a second one.

Your thoughts on the haptic feedback and resistive triggers?
Also would you say the D-Pad is more like the DS4 or the Vita?

If the difference between digital and physical is 50$ no one should consider the digital version

Some people left physical games a long time ago so they'll take the $50 savings.
I'm going for the normal version for more options but will slowly start to transition for most games bar some collectors editions or games with longevity.

I also thought it would $50 but it may be even more according to this video.

TL: DR

He estimates ~$80 in savings by not having the UHD Blu-Ray drive and the associated costs and savings.

$399 dream might not be dead.

Last edited:
I am 90% in on the digital. I rarely buy physical games these days, but I don't have a 4k player, so if it's $50-100 more for disc version, I might get that, but even then...no real need since I can't recall the last time I bought a physical movie either. There isn't any quality difference in a digital download 4k, and physical media, is there?

Back
Top Bottom