The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

It's been funny to see people's opinions on this Avengers game change since that Spider-Man announcement

Reactions were largely apathetic before and now some of those people are either super geeked for it or threatening to "boycott"...depending on which console they play on :lol:

I'll check out the beta but I'm still meh on the game.

What Crystal Dynamics is going for with this game is very ambitious and I applaud them for that but nothing about the game is screaming day one cop to me.

A Bootleg Benny Spider-Man ain't gonna change that.

GTA6 and COD are the first games that came to my mind, but there is no way those could go PS5 exclusive, right? :lol: :nerd::nerd::nerd:
I only say GTA6 because Sony announced a deal with R*. Plus, I don’t really see R* being cool with its flagship game on game pass. I could be wrong though

I only say GTA6 because Sony announced a deal with R*. Plus, I don’t really see R* being cool with its flagship game on game pass. I could be wrong though

Take Two would never allow a console exclusive GTA in this climate. Waaaay to much revenue to be had going multi platform. Makes no business sense. Also, you’ve got game pass all wrong. Not EVERY game is available. Not to mention m$ has to cut a check for any game none published to be included.

I don't think it would happen, but if you think about it...

Rockstar loves having folks double, triple, quadruple dip on their games. They stagger the PC releases for this purpose already.

How many sales would they really lose out on? A ton of people would buy a PS5 just to play that game at launch. 6-12 months later they get a good chunk of those folks to buy the Xbox version. Then later the same with PC release.

All the while, they'd still be making a boatload on GTA 5 online from holdouts.

If they're gonna take 10 years between entries, it could work.

1596877806902.png

MS announced 22 of these a few week ago but hardly anyone said anything. Spider-Man is announced as DLC and anti-consumer is sprayed all over the place.
Even worse is how Spencer was calling out this practice when MS are just as guilty all the way back to the 360 days. Damn, he's a good politician :lol:

Sony will want every PS4 owner to be a PS5 owner so they will open up their wallets. PS+ makes them money so it's in their interest to do so.
MS will want Gamepass to take off so they will need to open up their wallets to get games on the system and to have day 1 timed exclusives on the system like The Medium, Stalker 2, War Hammer etc.

It's all part of the game and will continue to happen.
They keep doing it so it must add value or make them money in the long run.

1596877806902.png

MS announced 22 of these a few week ago but hardly anyone said anything. Spider-Man is announced as DLC and anti-consumer is sprayed all over the place.
Even worse is how Spencer was calling out this practice when MS are just as guilty all the way back to the 360 days. Damn, he's a good politician :lol:

Sony will want every PS4 owner to be a PS5 owner so they will open up their wallets. PS+ makes them money so it's in their interest to do so.
MS will want Gamepass to take off so they will need to open up their wallets to get games on the system and to have day 1 timed exclusives on the system like The Medium, Stalker 2, War Hammer etc.

It's all part of the game and will continue to happen.
They keep doing it so it must add value or make them money in the long run.

People just want something to be mad at. Exclusive games have been a part of the console experience for decades. There's nothing wrong with it. All types of industries all over the world have exclusive content and experiences to draw people towards their product. Have never heard a valid reason for why gaming should be different.

Personally I'm more drawn towards exclusives, they make me feel like I'm getting more from whichever console. I probably would have never played games like Detroit Become Human, Infamous, Grounded, etc if they wernt exclusive to their respective consoles. Can't explain why :lol: it's just how I've always been.

Imran Khan again

20200808_084231.jpg

This is going to be real interesting.

Looks like Sony is willing to pay these studios the big bucks since they made a ton of $ with the PS4.

People just want something to be mad at. Exclusive games have been a part of the console experience for decades. There's nothing wrong with it. All types of industries all over the world have exclusive content and experiences to draw people towards their product. Have never heard a valid reason for why gaming should be different.

Personally I'm more drawn towards exclusives, they make me feel like I'm getting more from whichever console. I probably would have never played games like Detroit Become Human, Infamous, Grounded, etc if they wernt exclusive to their respective consoles. Can't explain why :lol: it's just how I've always been.

Imran Khan again

20200808_084231.jpg

1596897534276.png

People are too quick :lol:

The Avengers PS trailer was basically rubbing salt in the wounds but it's to be expected.

As for exclusives, I think we're drawn to them because they extract the maximum out of the console so they have a certain level of prestige, even some of the smaller titles.
This gen especially with the PS5 and it's SSD and storage architecture, I'm stoked to see what studios can do with the device without having to be compromised by other hardware.

Last edited:
imagine going back to fall 2001 and telling gamers the following:

"woah hold on, you dont want give all these guys your money, don't you realize that by having all these exclusives, sony is actually harming gamers"

After playing the Avengers beta for a few hours, one thing is certain...

This is a definite cop on day one. The game is too damn fun :lol:
Finally played with my homeboy last night, did a HARM challenge on challenge 3. Yeah this game is getting copped. Ms Marvel and Hulk after you level them up is crazy. The combos.

we also did a mission and just wandered around not doing the objective and some of the environments are big and have good fights and chest all over. We found a random AIM puzzle, solved it and got big loot.
Game is dope. Only person I don’t like is Tony and it’s just the flying. I know it’s going to mess with my motion sickness. Black Widow and her grappling hook to close distance is nice.

The word Anti-Consumer is ruining Reset. People forget that theses are businesses trying to get our money, of course they buy out things up under each other. MS is where Sony was in the PS3 era, building up that first party base.

After they get some good games to fill that out, they will be back doing the same as Sony, throwing money to get the best games for their consumers.

Imran Khan again

20200808_084231.jpg

There's a push to have the console gaming industry move to a 'Games as a service' type model similar to Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc...

With this upcoming generation you're getting digital download consoles right off the bat. Once it (inevitably) goes to streaming only in about a decade, these companies will NEED to have exclusive content.

I'm hearing so many "disappointing" reviews on the PC port of Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition................so I guess holding onto my PS4 copy of HZD Complete Edition is the best move at the moment after all

edit nvm article is from a week ago.

Someone asked for Sakaguchi to come to next gen earlier but he’s been aprroached multiple times over the years and has no interest in big scale development.

edit nvm article is from a week ago.

Someone asked for Sakaguchi to come to next gen earlier but he’s been aprroached multiple times over the years and has no interest in big scale development.
That was me. This sucks to hear cause I know his last few attempts in the mobile space doing do that well. I just wish we could get one “final” AAA game from him. That or let him do one more Final Fantasy game. Him and Uematsu the dynamic duo :smokin

Ono is leaving Capcom. I guess those rumours about SF6 were true.
Still though, he fought to bring SF back after SFIII didn't do well commercially and the rest is history.

I'm excited to see what the new blood brings though. Hopefully they can tidy up the unforced errors that Capcom seems to be making with the franchise.

I'm hearing so many "disappointing" reviews on the PC port of Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition................so I guess holding onto my PS4 copy of HZD Complete Edition is the best move at the moment after all

Yea no point double dipping with PS5 enhancements coming.
I'll be happy with a simple bump to 60fps.

It is strange though how Death Stranding didn't have these issues but HZD does.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom