The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

This machine is insanely fast
802026B8-B109-4857-AE1A-7169D81CA0EB.jpeg

Let me preface this by saying I’m in a place that’s awful with COVID -19 right now and I understand precautions need to be taken. So yesterday I get an email saying that I can pick up my PS5 I preordered at 10 am. With COVID GameStop isn’t even open for walk ins here. Only pickup or their delivery service. Anywho, I arrived around 10 am and they take my phone number and say they’ll get me in quickly and I walk back to my car.

There’s about 15 cars in the parking lot. After about an hour I notice the line really hasn’t moved and everyone is still there. So I get out of my car and wait as I watch as one guy walks up the associate comes out talks to the customer, they go back and forth for a few minutes, and the customer goes back to his car, the associate comes in and out a few times. The whole thing takes around 15 minutes. Finally the associate walks the customer to his car with a PS5. The next guy comes up and takes even longer and there seems to be a verbal altercation between the associate and customer. At this point I realize this is going to take forever and I run back to my place to have lunch.

I get back after a couple hours and there’s less people but it still takes over an hour before it’s my turn. When I get called I’m like “look man, I already paid for it, I’ve been here forever just give it to me so I can get back to work”

“Unfortunately we can’t do that”

At this point I’m frustratedbut still in an okay mood so I politely reply “excuse me?”

He then explains he is unable to sell me my console without bundling it. He gives me a sheet with numerous bundles the cheapest of which is 70$ for the warranty and two ten dollars PSN cards. I tell him I refuse. I already paid off the system and I didn’t order a bundle. He says he can’t sell it to me then and if I don’t buy it at the end of the day they’ll sell it to someone else tomorrow. I’m furious. I reluctantly pay for the 70$ bundle and leave.

What a piece of **** company and I really wish I didn’t give them more money. Literally exploiting demand to keep themselves afloat. Sorry for the rant I just had to vent. Did anyone else who pickup up “in store” deal with this ridiculous policy?

:smh:

Least stressful = Best. Then yes lol.
Remember pulling up to ToysRUs at 6am with a Deposit receipt.

I should have clarified and said launch lineup. But then again, it benefitted by the Japanese launch the March prior.

Though Dark Souls and Spiderman are good reasons to own the console now.

:smh:
Man sometimes you just gotta say keep that **** then. Ain’t no way I’m getting manhandled like that to pay an extra 70 for something I don’t want

Back
Top Bottom