The only player that expresses openly he doesn't want to be an All-Star?

[h1]Poor 'Sheed: Wallace is an All-Star[/h1] [h2]Despite his very public desire to have those four days off instead, forward picked to replace Garnett.[/h2] [h4]Chris McCosky / The Detroit News[/h4]
AUBURN HILLS -- Nazr Mohammed just laughed.

He was told that former teammate Rasheed Wallace had been picked to replace injured Kevin Garnett on the Eastern Conference All-Star team.

"Man, I know he's not happy," Mohammed said, laughing.

Wallace clearly wasn't overjoyed by the news, but he did appreciate the honor.

"It's something that's good for my kids," he said, in almost somber tones. "I guess once I get older and get out of the game, this is something they can look back on."

Wallace had campaigned hard to not be selected, preferring the four days off instead. He already had made plans to spend the four-day break some place a lot more tropical than New Orleans.

"We'll have to put those plans aside and move them to the summer," he said after Sunday's 113-87 victory over the Bobcats.

When told he was hand-picked by commissioner David Stern to replace Garnett, Wallace gave a wry smile and said, "It's a prestigious honor and a great pleasure."

It's the fourth all-star selection for Wallace, his second as a Piston. He will join teammates Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton, who also are reserves.

"Once he gets there he will enjoy it," coach Flip Saunders said. "Whenever you get selected to do something like that, you should feel good about it. It's an honor for him, but more than that, it is an honor for his family and for our organization."

Garnett has been shelved by an abdominal strain. Wallace, Saunders guessed, probably was next in line on the coaches' vote at the center position, which led to Stern's selection.

"I think it's great," Billups said. "We have three guys in the game and no other team can say that. That's a tribute to how good we are playing. 'Sheed is listed as a center now, and besides Dwight Howard (the East's starting center), you can't tell me there's another guy better than 'Sheed. He should have made it before being named a replacement."

Either Wallace or Toronto's Chris Bosh will get the start. That decision will be made by Boston coach Doc Rivers.

"The best thing about 'Sheed going is now he can help Rip win that 3-point shooting contest," Saunders said, referencing how Wallace has been egging Hamilton on in recent practices.

Wallace agreed.

"For sure I will be there to cheer Rip on," he said. "That's my teammate and he's been practicing hard to try and win that thing. I will be there for him."

The All-star Game is at 8 p.m. Sunday on TNT.

lmfao @ Sheed.
laugh.gif

When told he was hand-picked by commissioner David Stern to replace Garnett, Wallace gave a wry smile and said, "It's a prestigious honor and a great pleasure."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Stern Got'em
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I can see Stern sittin there like:
Both teams played Hard uh huh... Take this here ticket to the N.O.... WHOADIE

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

I never thought that someone can think like this. He's still nice though.

Sheed is a humble dude. He's still North Philly to the core. He's not into the glitz and glamor or the league. You see he don't shave hisbeard.
laugh.gif
My dude Sheed just don't give a @$%$. And plus its somestraight goons in N.O. I can imagine what would happen with Sheed out of control down there. A lot of these players ain't trying to go to N.O. It'sgoing to be hijack city. I

Imagining Sheed uttering those words is cracking me up.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Then he should formally decline, and give someone else who actually wants it.
He cant

I remember way back when Charles Barkley and Karl Malone aint wanna go. Stern FORCED them to go. on some 'Im ya father and I have spoken' tip

I used to hate this guy so much back in his Portland days, but I've really grown to like him a lot the last few years. He seems like a really humble,down-to-earth guy.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Probably it's mandatory, part of your job like you have to show up in the post game interview...

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

He cant

I remember way back when Charles Barkley and Karl Malone aint wanna go. Stern FORCED them to go. on some 'Im ya father and I have spoken' tip

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

I remember this, just forget the year. What year was this again Gunna? I'm telling y'all the NBA is a damn business at the end of the day. The ASGis weak now. The last real competitive game was 01 for me...

Originally Posted by giantsytigers

if sheed was motivated he would be the best player in the NBA

same can also be said for either Tracy or Vince IMO.....

I'm telling y'all the NBA is a damn business at the end of the day.
thats the NBA these days
tired.gif
It ain't a real game anymore.....

^ ya I agree with Sheed but my point was if a guy like VC was motivated these days and had a Kobe mentality, he'd be the best in the league... if hewasn't so laid back on the court.... dude is putting up 20, 5, 5 pretty much going through the motions....

Originally Posted by jmal519

hedo > joe johnson (maybe not talent-wise, but 2008 all-star wise)
and why is this? because sportscenter told you so? yeah right. hedo is playing above expectations don't get me wrong, but joe has been putting upnumbers every year he's gotten consistent playing time.

rasheed shouldn't have to go to the all star game, its a job for him and being an all star doesn't help his team get any closertto a championship. dude was done with his partying days a long time ago obviously. stern should've allowed him to pass and be with his family. but i guess thats why theycall it the federation. evil darth stern exercises his supreme will.

Back
Top Bottom