The Police Strike Again ... SMH

Liein *** cops didn't know it was being recorded, lied and got caugt. Hope they all get fired and the victim gets paid.

Good looks on the vid silverswoosh.

I think the police just wanted to make an example of some one. He went down a street that looks like the cops were blocking off. So they beat the hell out of him

I really hope he gets to sue and wins tons of our tax dollars cause he deserves it

The only reason there is such hatred for cops is because no one has ever been helped out by them. I personally have never been helped by a cop. I got my car broken into twice in philly and had cops laugh at me and say they would review the tape and get back to me. 3 weeks later i went to the station to follow up. They said "uh the camera spins and it wasn't facing your car during either of the two crimes" Um it doesn't spin at .00001 mph it had to hit my car at one point while the guy broke my window stole my cds from my back seat went into my trunk stole stuff from there then ripped my cd player out of my car.

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

*waits for someone to defend the cops*
I got you.

What was the "victim" running to or from?
There had to be some type of reason for that type of police presence.

if you're from NY you should already know how things get when a hometeam wins a big sporting event, there's always tons of police in riot gear just like the ones in that video.

even if the kid said some smart-aleck remark, does that justify the actions of the police? there's nothing on that tape that suggests he did anything even remotely illegal and it shows their encounter from start to finish. he's probably just some goofy $*% dude.

I am from NY and as a Yankee fan
pimp.gif
 I know how that whole celebration thing gets down.
Youre probably right, the cops in this case (just like many other cases) were not justified in their actions.

It just kills me to see all the "I hate all cops" responses on NT.
Like, do you get extra credit thug points for declaring your hate for all cops (I dont mean you in particular, just speaking in general)?

i dig what you're saying, i suppose it's popular to say because of the power the police wield and exploit on a regular basis.. kinda like a 'fight the power' thing without having to actually make any sacrifice.

i'm also sure more than a few of us on NT have had terrible experiences with the police, myself included. although i try to keep an open mind and judge each man on their own merit, your average cop walking the beat has far too much power, and it's difficult to expect an average man not to succumb to all that power and maybe get out of line like a lot of police do.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I think the police just wanted to make an example of some one. He went down a street that looks like the cops were blocking off. So they beat the hell out of him

I really hope he gets to sue and wins tons of our tax dollars cause he deserves it

The only reason there is such hatred for cops is because no one has ever been helped out by them.

Youre right. I say we get rid of every police officer across the country and let us civilians take the law into our own hands.
Its not like cops are doing anything anyways.

The only reason there is such hatred for cops is because no one has ever been helped out by them.

Youre right. I say we get rid of every police officer across the country and let us civilians take the law into our own hands.
Its not like cops are doing anything anyways.

I didn't say that.

I'm just saying thats why a lot of people hate cops.  I catch myself saying all the time "don't you have some more important crime to be fighting then handing me a 10mph speeding ticket, or a seat belt fine"

A lot of police officers by nature are power hungry (that's why they want to be cops in the first place "macho" "strong" "protectors")and when given a position of power over civilians a lot of the time it is abused.  Then they feel like they are entitled to do so because they are "keeping people safe" but they are just as human as we are.

The only reason there is such hatred for cops is because no one has ever been helped out by them. I personally have never been helped by a cop. I got my car broken into twice in philly and had cops laugh at me and say they would review the tape and get back to me. 3 weeks later i went to the station to follow up. They said "uh the camera spins and it wasn't facing your car during either of the two crimes" Um it doesn't spin at .00001 mph it had to hit my car at one point while the guy broke my window stole my cds from my back seat went into my trunk stole stuff from there then ripped my cd player out of my car.
Guy broke into are van twice to steal the c.d player the cops were like OK were going to come through to look at the damage, Weeks later no visit or phone call, One day I'm outside with a guy holding a toy gun and the cops are their in 5 minutes searching and handcuffing people they were going to take him to jail if so many parents didn't come out side
eyes.gif

I'm usually the first person to defend cops because they do risk their lives to keep us 'safe' ... usually the person getting beat in these situations is a jerk with a background of police run-ins and such ... not all the time but most of the time ... but the police blew this one ...

They lied and got caught and this proves that some police officers are straight up punks ...

To play devil's advocate for a second ... the kid is a punk ... he was drunk, he disobeyed a direct order from a cop ... the cop told him to turn around and go the other way and according to an eye witness he said 'this is my sidewalk I can walk if I want' and went skipping by ... the kids at UMD just tipped over a cop car and we're starting fires and were throwing stuff at the police on horses ...

Does it mean he should have gotten beaten? No ... but it will definitely make me think twice before I disobey a cop ...

The cops should be put in jail and the kid should get paid ...

And fyi, don't be surprised if you hear of another kid suing the same department ... another student was behind the book exchange and beaten to a pulp that night ... No cameras might have caught it but this case may be enough to justify another case ...

man, no reason for a beating like that

ive been stopped by cops comin out of the grocery store with a gallon of milk in my hand askin me where im goin....dumb things like that but that vid just showshow really crooked they can be

last summer a group of us were hangin outside and my boy wason his cell and for no reason cops just stopped asked questions, he says i know my rights, next thing they slam him on the gate....dude has serious back problems, even carries vicodin and they just slam him like that....luckily some other cat had recorded this and they let him go

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

To play devil's advocate for a second ... the kid is a punk ... he was drunk, he disobeyed a direct order from a cop ... the cop told him to turn around and go the other way and according to an eye witness he said 'this is my sidewalk I can walk if I want' and went skipping by ... the kids at UMD just tipped over a cop car and we're starting fires and were throwing stuff at the police on horses ...

Did this allegedly happen at the championship celebration?
Or did you make it up to play devils advocate?

The kid in the video that got wooped ... if you click the link, that's him ...

I mean I've always been taught if a cop tells you to do something, as long as it isn't jump off a bridge or shoot someone or something outrageous, you obey their command ...

That doesn't mean the kid should have been beaten ... but I know not to put myself in that situation ...

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

Did this allegedly happen at the championship celebration?
Or did you make it up to play devils advocate?
I think this was when they beat duke in the regular season.  Not a big deal but people in MD always over react to beating duke (yes i live there)

From what I recall there was a car flipped (not a cop car) and 27-32 kids were arrested that night.

I got you.

if you're from NY you should already know how things get when a hometeam wins a big sporting event, there's always tons of police in riot gear just like the ones in that video.

even if the kid said some smart-aleck remark, does that justify the actions of the police? there's nothing on that tape that suggests he did anything even remotely illegal and it shows their encounter from start to finish. he's probably just some goofy $*% dude.

pimp.gif
Youre probably right, the cops in this case (just like many other cases) were not justified in their actions.

Like, do you get extra credit thug points for declaring your hate for all cops (I dont mean you in particular, just speaking in general)?
No such thing as thug points. Cops abuse the law, and bend it to fit their personal needs.

Police have their place, don't get me wrong... but when something like this happens, it's really hard to have their back.

Let me ask you this... what would happen if this whole ordeal wasn't caught on tape? The victim would have been charged with assault and battery, on a cop. That's jail time and for what... celebrating a team victory?

How can you watch this and have the cops' back?

crap like that is why alot of people have little regard for cops. i've had a bunch of bad expierences with crappy power tripping cops but i've dealt with some who were reasonable, cool, and were just trying to do their job. i try to give them all a clean slate because it's not fair to judge all cops of the few good ones i've encountered nor is it fair to judge them off the a hole cops i've encountered.

dealing with cops is kinda like picking your battles. when i was younger if i didn't have anything on me or was upset about them pulling me over or harassing me for no reason i would let them hear it and let them know it and most of the time it would make things worse. now i just humor them if they want to pull me over for any random reason, if i know i don't have anything on me or haven't done anything wrong ill just give them a few "yes officer" responses and let them go on their way while their words are going in one ear and out the other.

there's alot of times i would love to give cops that, "i know my rights" talk but i'm on probation so i don't wanna risk getting the 1 crooked shady cop that pulls something and 2 unless they really do something thats overboard i rather just deal with them and let them be on their way then get into an argument with them.

Originally Posted by Liquor Poker

I got you.

pimp.gif

No such thing as thug points. Cops abuse the law, and bend it to fit their personal needs.

Police have their place, don't get me wrong... but when something like this happens, it's really hard to have their back.

Let me ask you this... what would happen if this whole ordeal wasn't caught on tape? The victim would have been charged with assault and battery, on a cop. That's jail time and for what... celebrating a team victory?

Its not about having the cops back. The video clearly shows them being out of line.
But how do you ignore that he tried to get out of line with the cops? Based on the few posts above this, dude was going towards a restricted zone and then tried to get bold with the cops. People stay trying to test cops with +#%* like "I know my rights", if a person is smart enough to know their rights then they should be smart enough to know that answering a few basic questions to some pig in blue will do more good than bad. Dude chose to take his chances. If you look at the video closely he had his boy headed in the same direction with him. His boy was smart enough to turn around and go the other way, the other one didnt and he had to pay for that choice he made. Not sayin its right, just sayin its life.

Its crazy how the initial report and first few responses make it seem like it was all some innocent team celebration. Reach page 2 and we find out that dude was purposely disobeying the cops, car had been flipped over, firest were started, and over 30 people were arrested.

Originally Posted by Liquor Poker

I got you.

pimp.gif

Its not about having the cops back. The video clearly shows them being out of line.
But how do you ignore that he tried to get out of line with the cops? Based on the few posts above this, dude was going towards a restricted zone and then tried to get bold with the cops. People stay trying to test cops with +#%* like "I know my rights", if a person is smart enough to know their rights then they should be smart enough to know that answering a few basic questions to some pig in blue will do more good than bad. Dude chose to take his chances. If you look at the video closely he had his boy headed in the same direction with him. His boy was smart enough to turn around and go the other way, the other one didnt and he had to pay for that choice he made. Not sayin its right, just sayin its life.

Its crazy how the initial report and first few responses make it seem like it was all some innocent team celebration. Reach page 2 and we find out that dude was purposely disobeying the cops, car had been flipped over, firest were started, and over 30 people were arrested.

Sadly enought this happens a lot in College Park MD so to people who live around there (PG What Up) this is normal.  The kid getting owned isn't normal but the celebration thing is.  Yes it is getting old now.  But when MD beats duke in an actual game that matters? It is literal mayhem down there.

The whole situation sucks but the thing that makes it bad is that the cops lied.  Said the wounds on the kid were hoof marks and that they didn't do anything.  I think if they would have said the kid stepped out of line and we made an example of him so others wouldn't try to disobey our orders.  They would be getting suspended but maybe not fired.  The lying thing did them in and thats what makes them shady cops.  At least stand up for your actions right or wrong you did it

^Word JKing.I live in DC,but RIGHT there at the Hyattsville line (Giant on Riggs Rd.) and yeah............it can get pretty stupid over there when MD gets the W!

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Cali >

Spoiler [+]
Cali > NY as well

-The Juice

man please, cali has the most corrupt cops on the planet

PG cops are %%+++%%. They always overreacting, and their cover up game always be point. Beating up someone or shooting someone. Two semesters ago they ran up in my apartment on the UMD to execute a search warrant on my suite mates. Them fools broke every single rule of how a search warrant should be executed.

Back
Top Bottom