The Police Strike Again ... SMH

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dp...-attack-by-police-041210

PALMER PARK, Md. - At first, Jack McKennawas celebrating the Maryland Terrapins big win over Duke this pastMarch. But soon after, the University of Maryland student nears somepolice officers along Knox Road in College Park.

It was all caught on video. He stops. Then suddenly Prince George's County officers charge him and appear to beat him.

"It'soutrageous. Anybody who would see that would see a young man who wascompletely defenseless, who hasn't committed a crime, who was brutallybeaten," said Chris Griffiths, McKenna's lawyer.

McKenna ended up with a concussion and eight staples in his head. Plus, contusions on his back and arm.

Prince George's County Police Chief Roberto Hylton feels his department is bruised too.

"Isaw the tape. I'm outraged. I'm disappointed in the actions of myofficers that I saw on camera. That is not going to be tolerated," saidChief Hylton.

It's not just what the officers are accused ofdoing, but also what someone wrote. The charging documents in the casesay McKenna "struck those officers and their horses.

smh.gif
not surprised at all, Moco and PG police are grimey as hell

and what can one do huh?

if a random group of policemen decide to beat the sense out of someone for no reason?

what can you do if your watching this happen to your friends?

we need a better "checks and balance" system for cops.

instead of going free all the time for their mistakes or getting it easier they should be getting punished 10x as bad so we can maybe deter these actions.

Word Ex Swag.I know you remember Prince Jones (RIP).Straight up filthy!

I hate the police.  I really do.  I would sue them to no end for that.  I would close that department.

Police are such ******* they are in all kinds of Armour so whatever you do to fight back won't even affect them one bit

man.. what did he do? they rolled on him and he didnt even do anything. did he say something to the cop on the horse?

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

*waits for someone to defend the cops*
I got you.

What was the "victim" running to or from?
There had to be some type of reason for that type of police presence.

Originally Posted by Diego

I got you.

At first, Jack McKennawas celebrating the Maryland Terrapins big win over Duke this pastMarch. But soon after, the University of Maryland student nears somepolice officers along Knox Road in College Park.

I got you.

if you're from NY you should already know how things get when a hometeam wins a big sporting event, there's always tons of police in riot gear just like the ones in that video.

even if the kid said some smart-aleck remark, does that justify the actions of the police? there's nothing on that tape that suggests he did anything even remotely illegal and it shows their encounter from start to finish. he's probably just some goofy $*% dude.

Thats not going to sit to well here at the DOJ...
smh.gif

More then likely if that kids files a complaint with our offices its going to get looked into.

I seriously didn't see him gesture anything towards the cops...was he saying something? Otherwise, his a&$ just got dealt with for no reason.

smh.gif
cops lying about him hitting a horse and police. Damn we need camera's on every street corner just to be safe

Is there anyone who is a police officer on NT or training to become one?

Like is it stated in the law that police are authorized to beat the hell out of someone just for SAYING something wrong to you. That's some straight %$!!+%%%

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

I got you.

if you're from NY you should already know how things get when a hometeam wins a big sporting event, there's always tons of police in riot gear just like the ones in that video.

even if the kid said some smart-aleck remark, does that justify the actions of the police? there's nothing on that tape that suggests he did anything even remotely illegal and it shows their encounter from start to finish. he's probably just some goofy $*% dude.

I am from NY and as a Yankee fan
pimp.gif
 I know how that whole celebration thing gets down.
Youre probably right, the cops in this case (just like many other cases) were not justified in their actions.

It just kills me to see all the "I hate all cops" responses on NT.
Like, do you get extra credit thug points for declaring your hate for all cops (I dont mean you in particular, just speaking in general)?

and people wonder why there is a constant outrage against pork. those men should be shot execution style. we don't need those type of humans in our world. they prob rep the teaparty

Back
Top Bottom