The Power of Thought

Originally Posted by RenaRene

10508 Cardo Jr Ln wrote:

jeyel wrote:

did you know that you can taste salt just by thinking about it?

Basically, open your mouth and stick your tongue out. Now take one of your hands as if you're holding a salt shaker and pretend to shake the salt in to your mouth.

It's crazy what the human mind can do.

roll.gif

yes...I do have realized the lul z
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Got me thinking again.. do animals have "intelligent" thoughts like us humans? I mean my dog watches TV, he sneaks to the kitchen tryna get into the trash like he's Solid Snake or somn.. Excuse my ignorance, but what about mentally handicapped people?

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

We actually use 90% of our brain.

Depends on what you're doing....in the same way we don't use 100 percent of our muscles, I doubt we use 100 percent of our brains at any giving time. Matter of fact, 90 percent of our brains being activated at the same time would be devastating.

The brain modulates homeostatic activity of various physiological systems in the body. Maintaining homeostasis involves activation and inactivation of certain neurons (eg. Brain centers that controls breathing rate, blood pressure etc. If these are perpetually activated, it could be fatal.

Always learn something new talking to med students
pimp.gif

You would be paralyzed if you thought of everything your body is doing. 

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Got me thinking again.. do animals have "intelligent" thoughts like us humans? I mean my dog watches TV, he sneaks to the kitchen tryna get into the trash like he's Solid Snake or somn.. Excuse my ignorance, but what about mentally handicapped people?

if you really are interested.. theres a great podcast on that topic here.. http://www.wnyc.org/shows/radiolab/episodes/2010/04/02 

wrong. i wholeheartedly disagree. It is the power of action. Humans have the only ability to do as they think.

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

Originally Posted by jeyel

did you know that you can taste salt just by thinking about it?

Basically, open your mouth and stick your tongue out. Now take one of your hands as if you're holding a salt shaker and pretend to shake the salt in to your mouth.

It's crazy what the human mind can do.

this is actually true. works better with smells though.

my power of thought... i thought this thread would be pointless, and i thought right

Have you ever noticed that you cant change the volume of your thoughts?.... like your inner monologue?
If you try to scream in your head, its not LOUD it's just a yelling sound, but the volume is the same.

knowing what you don't know is knowledge. otherwise, your a machine with implanted thoughts, but if you can know that there are things you have yet to fully understand then you are showing that you have some kind of awareness of things.

in other words, to admit that you don't know everything means that you know something.

btw op, i think only YOU use 10 percent of your brain lol

OP is right.
According to Napoleon Hill our thoughts are our most important commodity.
Everything that we see today, all the technology, all the movies, inventions, EVERYTHING first starts with a thought.

It is true that thoughts mean nothing without a corresponding action, but without first having a thought there is no action to take.

Back
Top Bottom