The Power of Thought

The ability to "think" has to be our most powerful, yet underappreciated skill we learn.

Spoiler [+]
Anyone understand what I mean without me having to write a book on this.. I mean I could.. I might can get a nice check off of it too..they are my thoughts
pimp.gif
hmmm

laugh.gif
of course i'm faded, but I thought about making this thread before I went to sleep last night. The ganja is what reminded me today... just think about it.. no one ever knows what you're thinking.. hell, sometimes idk what i'm thinking. They say we have only unlocked x-amount of our brain power, right?

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

laugh.gif
of course i'm faded, but I thought about making this thread before I went to sleep last night. The ganja is what reminded me today... just think about it.. no one ever knows what you're thinking.. hell, sometimes idk what i'm thinking. They say we have only unlocked x-amount of our brain power, right?

Its said we use our whole brain, just at different times for different things..

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

laugh.gif

Its said we use our whole brain, just at different times for different things..

I actually heard we only use 10 percent of our brains. I may be wrong tho.

Source? I remember reading somewhere that we dont even use half our brain.. I mean I do, but the average person doesn't.

If they did, we wouldnt have 4 billion sheep runnin around this mofo

Socrates: People are not theirs thoughts, they think they are, and it brings them all kinds of sadness.

This traces right back to The Power of Now. Many people identify with their thoughts because they think they are their mind. Little do they now that . .Socrates: The mind is a reflex organ

Put it this way, when you are born- your mind is empty and starts picking up things from society. Things that are put out into society are that to maintain the status quo. Work hard, people have higher value then others, etc.

Taken from this thread...
http://niketalk.com/topic/240656
so what do you think OP?...
nerd.gif

StaXX wrote:
We actually use 90% of our brain.

Depends on what you're doing....in the same way we don't use 100 percent of our muscles, I doubt we use 100 percent of our brains at any giving time. Matter of fact, 90 percent of our brains being activated at the same time would be devastating.

The brain modulates homeostatic activity of various physiological systems in the body. Maintaining homeostasis involves activation and inactivation of certain neurons (eg. Brain centers that controls breathing rate, blood pressure etc. If these are perpetually activated, it could be fatal.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

We actually use 90% of our brain.

Depends on what you're doing....in the same way we don't use 100 percent of our muscles, I doubt we use 100 percent of our brains at any giving time. Matter of fact, 90 percent of our brains being activated at the same time would be devastating.

The brain modulates homeostatic activity of various physiological systems in the body. Maintaining homeostasis involves activation and inactivation of certain neurons (eg. Brain centers that controls breathing rate, blood pressure etc. If these are perpetually activated, it could be fatal.

Always learn something new talking to med students
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Socrates: People are not theirs thoughts, they think they are, and it brings them all kinds of sadness.

This traces right back to The Power of Now. Many people identify with their thoughts because they think they are their mind. Little do they now that . .Socrates: The mind is a reflex organ

Put it this way, when you are born- your mind is empty and starts picking up things from society. Things that are put out into society are that to maintain the status quo. Work hard, people have higher value then others, etc.

Taken from this thread...
http://niketalk.com/topic/240656
so what do you think OP?...
nerd.gif

reading Socrates quotes is kinda how I came up with this thread.

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

Everything we think we know was told or taught to us by someone before us

did you know that you can taste salt just by thinking about it?

Basically, open your mouth and stick your tongue out. Now take one of your hands as if you're holding a salt shaker and pretend to shake the salt in to your mouth.

It's crazy what the human mind can do.

Originally Posted by jeyel

Basically, open your mouth and stick your tongue out. Now take one of your hands as if you're holding a salt shaker and pretend to shake the salt in to your mouth.

roll.gif

roll.gif

yes...I do have realized the lul z
laugh.gif

It's crazy what the human mind can do.
roll.gif
eek.gif
 This dude is eating that invisible food from Hook back in '91
laugh.gif

I always thought if I think hard enough, I can teach myself how to fly.

I'm just not smart enough yet to do it.

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

It's crazy what the human mind can do.
roll.gif
eek.gif
 This dude is eating that invisible food from Hook back in '91
laugh.gif

roll.gif
 .. i know a few NTers  read that & actually tried it though .. dont front  

FatKidFromHook.jpg

Back
Top Bottom