The Psychology Of A Black Man.

Just wanted to ask how are y'all doing? Another day and another one of ours are getting killed in the street like some cattle.

These murders are starting to take a huge toll on me mentally and emotionally and tbh idk how I can cope

Just wanted a safe space for us to get our feelings out and uplift each other through these times.

I love y'all

I’ve honestly had to take a step back from a lot of it just to preserve my sanity. It’s all very emotionally draining, so I haven’t engaged much with a lot of it.

I’m honestly not sure if it’s a good or a bad thing that I’m avoiding the topic, but I know I can’t continue to chase my tail trying to understand and apply logic to something like this. Feels like a waste of energy as things never seem to change. I spent a lot of time hyper focused, and it only left me more frustrated and depressed.

I pray for everyone out there who has it way worse than I do and are unable to avoid dealing with the realities of the situation, but eventually people are pushed to a breaking point.

Just some stuff that’s been on my head I haven’t really been able to discuss.

Appreciate this thread and we love you too brother. Doing outreach and food distribution in the community today, seeing smiling faces helps a lot.

Been particularly tough not being able to really be around my family how I want, but I been reaching out and checking on the tribe.

Hope everyone is as well as they can be today. We shall overcome as always.

Keep pushing.

I’ve honestly had to take a step back from a lot of it just to preserve my sanity. It’s all very emotionally draining, so I haven’t engaged much with a lot of it.

I’m honestly not sure if it’s a good or a bad thing that I’m avoiding the topic, but I know I can’t continue to chase my tail trying to understand and apply logic to something like this. Feels like a waste of energy as things never seem to change. I spent a lot of time hyper focused, and it only left me more frustrated and depressed.

I pray for everyone out there who has it way worse than I do and are unable to avoid dealing with the realities of the situation, but eventually people are pushed to a breaking point.

Just some stuff that’s been on my head I haven’t really been able to discuss.

We here for you man whenever you ready

I'm angry man. Scared of what I might do when faced with in your face oppression.

I am a peaceful man and a God fearing man, but I've never been more okay with murder (happening or committing) than when I saw George Floyd go limp 4 minutes into the video and that officer of their law continued to sit on his neck for 3 more minutes. Death to them all.

To say that ive become desensitized to this typa s*** wouldn’t be true but @ the same time, i kno nothings gonna change as a result of it.

part of me has accepted this as a norm unfortunately.

its almost like this s*** happens in waves. Everything’s quiet for awhile, then BOOM. In the course of a month 1/2, 3 blacK people get killed by cops or some self righteous random white dudes that wanna be cops.

s*** is crazy...

My NT family we can't let these people destroy our lives and bring us down. We are strong, we are capable, we will get through this. I love you guys as if I see you everyday. As I told Methodical Management Methodical Management , NT has been a super important part of my life since I was 17 years old. The relationships we have with each other are as real or more so than the relationships I have with people I see everyday. I feel like NT is a form a therapy. Stay strong fellas.

can´t even lie, that ****ed me up for the last couple of days...usually like to keep it breezy but nah.

like I always mention, Trayvon was the breaking point for me...lifetime ago I was back in some office somewhere and get this, I was shocked to see that there was any debate whatsoever about what unfolded. waitwut??

I was made aware of some of the difficulties of growing up with this paintjob, but overall my parents went with the ¨everybody equal¨ speech from an early age...so that was a late lesson in the way American society was designed to function. wanted to believe things were cool by 2000-something, but that was hard to ignore.

this one was just...different, tho.

it was the callous, brazen nature of the murder.

the fact that Derek Chauvin was fully aware of and satisfied with his actions...the way he almost played to the camera, direct glances, little smirks. the way Tao Thao played crowd control as the public pleaded for mercy.

the fact that it took over eight long minutes.

that was one of the ugliest things I have ever seen unfold with my own eyes. I´ll remember it forever.

I really think it explains why I don´t and never have liked horror movies...moving through your adult life with real life fn nightmares like that being a vague possibility every single day is quite spooky enough, thxmuch.

I feel like a prisoner doing his time. I've mentioned it elsewhere but I'm not staying in this country long term. I've made my plan, and I'm working towards it. Every time another police officer murders a black person in this country my resolve only strengthens. I refuse to have the 'you're black' talk with my child. There's all kinds of evils in the world. But you can choose which ones you deal with depending on where you live. And any evil having to do with the color of my or my child's skin will not be among them as far as their day to day existence goes.

I will mourn those who die. I will support those who want to fight for better treatment. But I've got my own agenda and living here isn't among them.

Yeah I've been staving off depression by avoiding those threads for the past year, maybe longer.

Like its one thing to see the video and get mad and another to see these dumb as **** arguments acting like racism doesn't exist or the situation was justified but I really don't got the patience for both. I'm pretty sure I'd get banned for going off.

So I do what I have to irl (cuz I'm constantly feeling that pressure and burden on my head shoulders when I step outside) and then have my distractions online.

So I'm getting by as best I can.

1590751751161.jpg

The president of the United States Of America got his tweet removed due to the fact he’s essentially advocating violence against unarmed black protestors. The man basically gave the green light for the military to kill black protestors with no recourse. How the **** am I supposed to be out here in the world operating with a full deck with this type of **** being promoted? HOW?

1590751751161.jpg

The president of the United States Of America got his tweet removed due to the fact he’s essentially advocating violence against unarmed black protestors. The man basically gave the green light for the military to kill black protestors with no recourse. How the **** am I supposed to be out here in the world operating with a full deck with this type of **** being promoted? HOW?
Wild thing is it’s still lost brovas that support yo :smh: ...The fact that Trump is even the president to begin with is sick

When you got the bible belt riding for you and spineless negroes like this from ALL OVER

Its power in pandering

Straight lost mane...Or even worse is the ones that know better but wanna be contrarian or think they somehow better/different than the rest of us for whatever reason...Straight clown ****, don’t need em round me draggin my spirit down

Any of y'all have legitimate friendships or associations with non-black people?

I've realized as I've gotten older I'm much less likely to consider a white person a friend. There's a lack of trust there that I have a hard time overlooking. I've ended several "friendships" with non-black friends over their comments and ideals on race.

There are people who aren't black who I associate with on a surface level and don't seem bad but you never really know what they are thinking which is why I keep that distance.

I've realized as I've gotten older I'm much less likely to consider a white person a friend. There's a lack of trust there that I have a hard time overlooking. I've ended several "friendships" with non-black friends over their comments and ideals on race.

There are people who aren't black who I associate with on a surface level and don't seem bad but you never really know what they are thinking which is why I keep that distance.
Other than work I rarely encounter or interact with non black ppl in real life ...And even then my office is just 2 white folks outta 10, no complaints bout any of this from me

same.

simply cannot afford the luxury of giving them the benefit of the doubt.

youre just like the others until you prove me wrong. And thats gonna be over an EXTENDED period of time.

the real test is when they get drunk and “start speakin their mind”. They always tell on themselves in some way, shape or form. They just cant resist it.

Thing is tho, i dont WANT to be that way but it is NEEDED to maintain me and mines well being...

Last edited:

Used to be kinda cool wit this white dude at my old job. Buttttt when black people were getting picked off by cops back then and his stance on what was going on I told dude we ain’t got **** to talk about. I really don’t associate with white people honestly or cops. Just for my own sanity cuz to hear somebody spew the disgusting **** I read on the internet (he has a criminal history, we don’t know the whole story) in my face is insulting and I almost wanna hurt em.

Back
Top Bottom