The Question of the Ages: PC or Mac?

So heres the deal NT Fam, I have a petty good HP desktop computer. Runs good, no major problems (yet), and im almost satisfied. The only thing that bothers me is that it is a desktop. I am a student, and im in school most of the week. I enjoy the mobility of a laptop but im just tired and bored with windows, I want to experience something new. So today I took a trip to the Apple store on 14th to play with their gadgets, one of interest was the Macbook. I talked to a rep (who was an oreo cuz he was talking proper with his coworkers but when he talks to me it turned to slang, saying "yo" and "swag") and he was telling me about the difference between the Pro and the Regular Macbook. I decided that the Macbook is the one that best suits me. So heres the question, is it really worth it? All Mac heads, do you get any viruses at all? Is there any problems/things that irk you with your mac? Is the Pro the better way to go? Were you that oreo rep I talked to? All PC/Mac converters share your stories. All input is appreciated.

I bought a Macbook a year and a half ago, and I've made the decision my only computers I will buy now are Macs. I love it. Haven't had one problem.

I stick with PC, as it is almost a must for work. I like PC, but I can see how Mac may offer a change.

I just dislike having to add programs to an OS just to do certain tasks.

PC = mac.

I'd rather build my own.
4bM9o.jpg

This thread has never been seen before on NT.

You'll be fine with either or, but get that Macbook. It can do anything a PC can and more. You'll be very happy that you did in the end.

/thread

I just swapped out my Windows laptop for a MBP less than a month ago, and I'm loving it. The battery life is crazy, the stability is as well. The transition is easy. And I really love the multitouch trackpad. But I do suggest that if you aren't gonna utilize the full potential of the computer ( with graphic design, etc ), then save yourself some money.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

10+ pages..

..of nonsense
really though.. 90% of consumers are casual computer users.. browse the web/social network, look at pics, store music/media, homework, pr0n 
nerd.gif
... THAT'S ABOUT IT.. if you really feel comfortable spending $1000 on something to do all that.. then go for it (you'll look really cool).. i'd stick w/ PC..

a lot of my friends are into video editing and all that, and they swear by their macs. 

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

So heres the deal NT Fam, I have a petty good HP desktop computer. Runs good, no major problems (yet), and im almost satisfied. The only thing that bothers me is that it is a desktop. I am a student, and im in school most of the week. I enjoy the mobility of a laptop but im just tired and bored with windows, I want to experience something new. So today I took a trip to the Apple store on 14th to play with their gadgets, one of interest was the Macbook. I talked to a rep (who was an oreo cuz he was talking proper with his coworkers but when he talks to me it turned to slang, saying "yo" and "swag") and he was telling me about the difference between the Pro and the Regular Macbook. I decided that the Macbook is the one that best suits me. So heres the question, is it really worth it? All Mac heads, do you get any viruses at all? Is there any problems/things that irk you with your mac? Is the Pro the better way to go? Were you that oreo rep I talked to? All PC/Mac converters share your stories. All input is appreciated.
laugh.gif

i have a PC, its an HP laptop that i've had since early '07. it came wit windows vista, which was ok but i didnt really like it much so i did a dual boot with Ubuntu
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
that is by far the best OS i've ever seen. give it a shot, the installation disk is free or u can download it offline. after that i did a clean install of windows 7 and im pretty happy wit it. thinkin about puttin back the dual boot. so far, no virus's, crashes or freezes wit win7.
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by bkdan1

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

laugh.gif

What???
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What exactly are you trying to do with your computer? If all you're gonna do is surf the web, IM and some word docs then getting a mac is pointless. But if you just want something different then go for it.

What about if all you need to do is view thousands of short-medium length streaming video clips and download/view large GB of videos on a daily basis? Which is better, mac or pc? You know, hypothetically speaking.

I will only deal with Mac computers. I do a lot of graphics and other things in that realm so I need a computer that won't freeze up on me because it feels like it.
grin.gif
If you need something fast and you don't like to wait well a Mac is your only option.
nerd.gif

*opens the gate*

Mac > PC

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

I will only deal with Mac computers. I do a lot of graphics and other things in that realm so I need a computer that won't freeze up on me because it feels like it.
grin.gif
If you need something fast and you don't like to wait well a Mac is your only option.
nerd.gif

*opens the gate*

Mac > PC
i'll put up my 2 gtx 285 vanilla's against whatever you got
grin.gif

based on personal preference. I had a mac and i loved it, but it clunked out on me. Now i have a pc until i can afford a mac.

Back
Top Bottom