The REAL, Untold Story Behind Michael Jordan's "Retirement?" (WOW!!)

I have been reading for years rumors surrounding MJ's "retirement" as well as Magic Johnson supposedly having HIV. From the info I've gathered over the years it appears that both MJ's and Magic's "retirements" were both cover-ups of much larger stories that would have ruined the credibility of the league and it's beloved stars. Apparently, they were both point shaving and betting on, not only games they weren't involved in, but also games they played in!! I don't have the full story on Magic, but this is the Jordan story. Enjoy and discuss...

http://thefixisin.net/likemike

Think MJ simply retired while playing for the Bulls in 1993? Think again...

This article was referenced by sports writing legend Jack McCallum of Sports Illustrated here (who did not deny that Jordan may have been asked to walk away from the NBA due to his gambling habits by Commissioner David Stern) and by Henry Abbott in his ESPN.com TrueHoop blog.

Don’t Wanna Be Like Mike

“I’m no Pete Rose

laugh.gif
   The NBA is a joke

I'll reserve full judgment until a later time, but it's no secret in basketball circles that MJ has a huge gambling problem with basketball, golf, and card games. It's a blessing or wonder that the Jordan brand has done so well to support Michael's monster gambling bankroll and debts. 

Thanks for the printer friendly version. I will print and read. I have heard conspiracies about Magic not really having the virus but as with anything, you never know. Always fun hearing potential reasons though. Thanks for the post OP

Ive said it for a while that mike dad was marked over gambling and mike retired because he may have or may not have been shaving points a bit

Nothing new to me...dudes been saying for years a hit was put out on Mike's pops dude to his gambling.

The whole retirmement thing was bs from the jump.

the gambling thing is a very viable theory, but old news. I do find it hard to believe that they would allow him to own a team with that history though.

Originally Posted by sekim2detcidda

the gambling thing is a very viable theory, but old news. I do find it hard to believe that they would allow him to own a team with that history though.

i dont....article was a good read tho

Eh, I already knew about the gambling and the first retirement. What I didn't know is that Magic's HIV retirement was behind gambling.
eek.gif

Good read, tho.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Good article but a whole lot of reaching

QFT

The conclusion is a complete reach, talking about the Jazz game being fixed.  He still had to hit the shot and ask Bryon Russel if he was uncovered

Originally Posted by damn its me

didnt see the point shaving stuff
nerd.gif

everything else is (somewhat) well known
good read tho
This. This isnt the first time I've heard about these stories and it cetaintly wont be the last. I'm still skeptical however, I dont think its totally true, but if it is then thats a fantastic job by the NBA of covering it up. I would like to hear more about the point shaving though.

Originally Posted by dakid23

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

Too early for all that.

i feel y'all on this. when i came back and saw the huge wall of text, i was like "Damn!"
laugh.gif
but in all seriousness, i thought it was a great read, which is why i took the time to post. i guess late night NT woulda been appropriate?? sorry man, i'm not up on the general forums etiquette.

Originally Posted by damn its me

didnt see the point shaving stuff
nerd.gif

everything else is (somewhat) well known
good read tho

the point shaving was more of an inference than an accusation. he basically said that if MJ owed "goons" then he could be easily blackmailed into point shaving. like many of u, i had been hearing about this for years, but had never really seen it be reported on like this. i'm late.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Hmm... this would make Donaghy look like a boy scout.
laugh.gif

and also, the whole tim donaughy fiasco def. gives more plausibility to this story. i personally think there is a LOT of truth to this, especially when u go back and retake everything that happened. very interesting to say the least.

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

They are broadcasting a fairy tale and allowing Michael Jordan to live happily ever after at our expense.
he came back with the wizards, to what was considered a tragedy lol. 
he's back as an owner, which he's considered to be one of the worst lol. 

No fairy tale, if he did his dirt, he paid by retiring. 

the amount of money they posted he lost to gambling...is not even 1% of how much salary he made off endorsements per year.

I don't know what percentage would consider someone to have a problem, but less then 1% is really insignificant to

someone with that much $

(to people making $80k a year, thats like losing $800 in gambling lol)

Good read...

Knew about the gambling habit and its link to his supposed first "retirement", but I had no idea how much Mike was in for...

I want to read more on Magic's gambling habits and the HIV cover up tho...
nerd.gif

^^hard to find detailed, credible articles/sources on the Magic situation. I'm guessing it's bc HIV is involved and if the cover gets blown off the Magic situation, that could open up LOTs of other cans of worms on many other levels? i have looked for info on the Magic thing. I'm guessing that may be covered up forever.

Back
Top Bottom