The REAL, Untold Story Behind Michael Jordan's "Retirement?" (WOW!!)

This was a good read for me because i never heard about all that ..... but am more curious about the magic situation

dude got a weird thumb to me.
xlcwms.jpg

Originally Posted by DaulDierce

So whats the reason? I cant get it in 1 brief sentence?
Really?

Mike was getting reckless with his gambling, lost lots of money to suspect people, rumors were going about and the NBA wanted to protect its image and bank roll so they asked him to "take some time off" to cool out.

Old news, and there's really nothing not to believe. Down to him betting on sports which I'm sure he did, dude was out of control. That Magic situation is something else though, now that sounds interesting. 

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by blazinRook

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

They are broadcasting a fairy tale and allowing Michael Jordan to live happily ever after at our expense.
he came back with the wizards, to what was considered a tragedy lol. 
he's back as an owner, which he's considered to be one of the worst lol. 

No fairy tale, if he did his dirt, he paid by retiring. 

the amount of money they posted he lost to gambling...is not even 1% of how much salary he made off endorsements per year.

I don't know what percentage would consider someone to have a problem, but less then 1% is really insignificant to

someone with that much $

(to people making $80k a year, thats like losing $800 in gambling lol)
the comeback they are talking about is the 1st one...they let him back into the game to further cement his legacy

and the whole money argument doesnt really make sense...your using a few instances they have here and yes its peanuts compared to what he made but theres also a bigger picture

1) this is just those people imagine how many others he lost to..not to mention AC/Vegas etc ...look at Antoine Walker...he made what 100mil...of course him playing $500 hands of black jack is no big deal on the micro level but look how he ended up

2) the money wasnt the issue...Jordan had/has the potential to get blank checks from endorsers and what not so he wasnt gonna go broke from gambling...it was about who he was associated with and what could happen...then if he was betting on basketball it would be a even bigger problem...the issue was never oh your gonna go broke...as we see the L doesnt care about that...look at the % of players who go broke during or shortly after their career
i know they were talking about the first comeback...but i was referring to the "fairy tale ending". MJ didn't have a fairy tale ending, he had a bad decision for the 2nd comeback, and now people are trashing his decisions as a owner
your speculation of how much he lost could be valid, but you can also be failing to see how many he won lol.

I understand the argument about dealing with bad people...but it was already addressed. He admitted he gambled with goons. And he admitted that it was wrong and he shouldn't do it anymore..

here's the full article. decide for yourself. page 3. 

http://articles.chicagotr...-sons-jordan-parking-lot

Originally Posted by chickhien

I literally stopped reading after "Hilton Head, North Carolina".

Yeah, that left me with the confused face too 
laugh.gif
. I had to Google it to make sure there weren't two. 

It's plausible.

Donaghy got into manipulating games because he was involved with criminals.

But was it really point-shaving if they were winning championships? Or was MJ just that godly that he could win and lose games at will

Matt53: Interesting read, but are there any other articles out there on this? This is the first time I've heard anyone suggest something like this.

About the only thing that rivals Jordans love for basketball is his gambling problem..
30t6p3b.gif
..and I can definitely see a likely scenario of his father being killed because of his unpaid debts...

I've heard this Jordan story a lot before. Just not this detailed though.

The Magic story though 
nerd.gif

So are we going to act like what matt53 just wrote didn't happen? How does that explain the people who are straight and died from aids? It just seems like another anti gay guy who can't get money for his research....

Originally Posted by Quaz

Matt53: Interesting read, but are there any other articles out there on this? This is the first time I've heard anyone suggest something like this.

For the record, i'm not super homophoic or anything but I came across that and thought it brought up some good points and could possibly explain why Magic never got AIDS. Quaz, this was the first article I found but I'm interested enough to start looking for more info because I hadn't ever heard about that either.

EDIT:angry:thizisdray, I'm not an expert on this stuff but my understanding are that the primary ways that AIDS is passed is from unprotected sex, blood transfusions, dirty needles, etc. so if someone is straight and comes in contact with one of the previously noted ways, then they could still contract AIDS if they were straight.

I don't really care about Jordan retiring since he came back two different times, won more championships, and is still goat. Him being a gambler is widely known and anything about him point shaving wouldn't change my perception of him much.

However, you would have me believe that Magic Johnson permanently retired, sacrificing at least 2 or 3 more runs at a title and millions of dollars by fake contracting HIV because he gambled on games and point shaved when Jordan came back to the league two different times doing the same thing? That he has been pretending to have HIV for over the past 20 years because at the most he didn't want to be exposed as a guy who gambled on games and allegedly bet on games he played in?

WHERE THEY DO THAT AT?

Back
Top Bottom