The REALEST stuff i heard as an African-American/ POST POWERFUL POEMS THREAD

Even if you aren't black you can still appreciate this
pimp.gif

Even if you aren't black you can still appreciate thisimage

Doubt it, but whatever happened to that channel, wasn't Russell going to be part of it, the better version of BET or whatever? I know P has one coming outtoo

very dope

all those people quick to stand up and applaud

But I doubt less than 25% of them are down to make a difference when it really comes down to it

"I won't stop until my whips and chains are symmetrical?" wth he saying.

watch this

Originally Posted by FlyJr22

very dope

all those people quick to stand up and applaud

But I doubt less than 25% of them are down to make a difference when it really comes down to it
Exactly, thats the problem
ohwell.gif

Hey_

Yeah, B. Yung is nice.

You shoulda seen the Philly Team poem at the finale.

"...try learning to levitate"

Julius F. Wrek

not impressed

some of the stuff he said didnt even make sense and hes basically rehashing used lines

and his voice is mad annoying

and his flow was terrible imho

I'm putting on my flame suit but

i don't support Malcolm X.

He was a great leader during the african american civil rights

but he was just as racist as the whites...

Originally Posted by northparkblind

when he was with the NOI..i can see how you perceive it that way..but he was more Pro-Black than Anti-White...
but once he makes Hajj and returns to form Muslim Mosque Inc.and Origination of Afro -American Unity....thats where he was going to excel and make adifference...
while in NOI he just fell in line and did what he was told/taught to believe...(thats not to say that what he was saying while with NOI was not true)
do the knowledge..

peace to the gods and earths...

Originally Posted by northparkblind

Look at what he did towards the end of his life before you make that conclusion. He definitely changed.

*YAWN*

- you know, i know these cats really have something to say, but it gets lost in the over the top gasps for air while being told over the same old tone aseveryone else that want to be a poet today. i mean c'mon man, have some originality to your flow.....is it that hard to come up with??

- it reminds me of white people who have for decades cant help but add the "uh huh, uh huh" to the raps they write, as if it has to be a part of thesong?

- i tried, i honestly did. i only got to 1:27 and turned it off. those loud !%* gulps of air and the yelling gets on my last nerve. my wife watches this show,i close the door, its like nails on a chalk board to me.

- just so happens i sent a poetry video to a freind today, and my prime reason was because they too are annoyed by the common practices of today urban poetsand the vid i sent was something different....funny too:

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

i cant respect a poet wearing a doorag
smh

word, as intelligent as he sounds like he is, one would think he could think of a better, more presentable outfit

I'm sorry I'm all for the positive messages for blacks and humanity in general but this was whack. For some reasons already stated.

The con man dressed up as a bum on the 5 train today spittin Mos Def's verse on Thieves In The Night for money > this.

to the person who called Malcom X a racists......he changed after he visited Mecca....and the majority of whites were racists and treated blacks like crap soits not surprising that some blacks had resentment towards the white man

Back
Top Bottom