The reason why Philly will never accept Kobe....vid.

Joined Mar 13, 2004
Saw this on E:60 last night....here's the vid for those of you who missed it.

As my dude Rell said, NYC shows this guy more love than his hometown...

Joined Jul 31, 2008
Honestly, I can't even rock with Kobe on that one. I'd be pretty pissed too man.

Joined Sep 5, 2003
But he's from the burbs... of course the city guys aren't gonna accept him as "Philly" I couldn't see Kobe with the sunni and some capris just posted up on the block doing hoodfella %%*

Joined Jan 22, 2004
Originally Posted by 0cks

But he's from the burbs... of course the city guys aren't gonna ac I couldn't see Kobe with the sunni and some capris just posted up on the block doing hoodfella %%*cept him as "Philly"

Joined Feb 21, 2005
Watching that I forgot how much charisma young Kobe had...Somewhere along the line, maybe it was the charge, the fame he lost that personality to me.

That High School Announcement was some +!%+ Jordan would do

Joined Sep 6, 2007
I used to HATE young Kobe. When he came into the league he was as cocky as they come. As time goes by, you just got to appreciate his game and forget all the other crap.

Joined Jan 20, 2006
Philly is horrible... I mean that the citizens there are just ungrateful bastards seriously. Turn on someone in a heartbeat, no matter how much they've done for them in the past

How the ++$% you boo Santa Clause G???

Joined Mar 13, 2004
Any other cities turn their back on a hometown star? Can't see any athlete from NYC, LA, or Chicago get this type of treatment...

Joined Jan 25, 2008
Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Any other cities turn their back on a hometown star? Can't see any athlete from NYC, LA, or Chicago get this type of treatment...
would Tom Brady in Bay Area Count. i know alot of people who hate him

Joined Jun 8, 2008
nice video. i would of come back to my hometown and tried to show up the guy they drafted over me also. i wouldnt have cared if he was better. its all pride. 
anyone else notice he was shooting left handed?

Joined Dec 31, 2008
Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Joined Jan 2, 2007
Philly is just Philly...this is the way that city is. It's a blue collar city. It's a sports town. They take their sports seriously in Philly..and if a star isn't getting it done in terms of complete success they want you outta town...

I don't agree with all of it, but as I said, that's just the way it is there. Out of towners, and sensitive types won't understand and will badmouth the city but there's not too many other cities that rival the hate/love passion of a Philly sports fan....

As far as Kobe goes, he plays for the Lakers...simple as that. I'm sure if he played for the Sixers like his father once did, and won championships for the Sixers, he'd have all the adulation those Lakers fans give him in L.A.....but trust me, Kobe played his h.s. ball in Philly...they don't hate the guy as much as he would like to claim. He still has roots here and the city is aware of that.

SLP

formerly slp product
Joined Feb 8, 2005
Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

Honestly *#!# Philly....i mean they got a statue of a fictional character in Rocky

Joined Sep 19, 2004
Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Philly is horrible... I mean that the citizens there are just ungrateful bastards seriously. Turn on someone in a heartbeat, no matter how much they've done for them in the past

How the ++$% you boo Santa Clause G???
This

In general from my observation Philly has some of the worst pro sports fans period. They will hate on any and everyone for no apparent reason. Was he supposed to let AI win a title or throw games when he comes to town.

When it's all said and done and Kobe goes down as one of the greatest to ever play the game then they will start trying to claim him.

Joined Jul 31, 2008
Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

I know I do.

Joined Aug 25, 2005
philly is tripping I don't care what he did he's still reppin' for you hometown.

it's alright though Kobe is from cali now.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now