The reason why Philly will never accept Kobe....vid.

Saw this on E:60 last night....here's the vid for those of you who missed it.

As my dude Rell said, NYC shows this guy more love than his hometown...
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Honestly, I can't even rock with Kobe on that one. I'd be pretty pissed too man.

But he's from the burbs... of course the city guys aren't gonna accept him as "Philly" I couldn't see Kobe with the sunni and some capris just posted up on the block doing hoodfella %%*

Originally Posted by 0cks

But he's from the burbs... of course the city guys aren't gonna ac I couldn't see Kobe with the sunni and some capris just posted up on the block doing hoodfella %%*cept him as "Philly"

laugh.gif

Watching that I forgot how much charisma young Kobe had...Somewhere along the line, maybe it was the charge, the fame he lost that personality to me.

That High School Announcement was some +!%+ Jordan would do
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I used to HATE young Kobe. When he came into the league he was as cocky as they come. As time goes by, you just got to appreciate his game and forget all the other crap.

Philly is horrible... I mean that the citizens there are just ungrateful bastards seriously. Turn on someone in a heartbeat, no matter how much they've done for them in the past
smh.gif

How the ++$% you boo Santa Clause G???
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Any other cities turn their back on a hometown star? Can't see any athlete from NYC, LA, or Chicago get this type of treatment...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Any other cities turn their back on a hometown star? Can't see any athlete from NYC, LA, or Chicago get this type of treatment...

would Tom Brady in Bay Area Count. i know alot of people who hate him

nice video. i would of come back to my hometown and tried to show up the guy they drafted over me also. i wouldnt have cared if he was better. its all pride. 
anyone else notice he was shooting left handed?

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

indifferent.gif

Philly is just Philly...this is the way that city is. It's a blue collar city. It's a sports town. They take their sports seriously in Philly..and if a star isn't getting it done in terms of complete success they want you outta town...

I don't agree with all of it, but as I said, that's just the way it is there. Out of towners, and sensitive types won't understand and will badmouth the city but there's not too many other cities that rival the hate/love passion of a Philly sports fan....

As far as Kobe goes, he plays for the Lakers...simple as that. I'm sure if he played for the Sixers like his father once did, and won championships for the Sixers, he'd have all the adulation those Lakers fans give him in L.A.....but trust me, Kobe played his h.s. ball in Philly...they don't hate the guy as much as he would like to claim. He still has roots here and the city is aware of that.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Philly is horrible... I mean that the citizens there are just ungrateful bastards seriously. Turn on someone in a heartbeat, no matter how much they've done for them in the past
smh.gif

How the ++$% you boo Santa Clause G???
laugh.gif
smh.gif

This

In general from my observation Philly has some of the worst pro sports fans period. They will hate on any and everyone for no apparent reason. Was he supposed to let AI win a title or throw games when he comes to town.

When it's all said and done and Kobe goes down as one of the greatest to ever play the game then they will start trying to claim him.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

I know I do.

philly is tripping I don't care what he did he's still reppin' for you hometown.

it's alright though Kobe is from cali now.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom