The return of the original T-Mac?! Vol. They're back!

New pictures (07-27-12) courtesy of CounterKicks

OG Orlando Magic Away:

adidas-t-mac-1-retro-17.jpg

adidas-t-mac-1-retro-22-640x426.jpg

adidas-t-mac-1-retro-19-465x640.jpg

Source: http://counterkicks.com/2012/07/28/tracy-mcgradys-original-orlando-shoe-re-appears/

Houston Rockets:

adidas-t-mac-1-retro-9.jpg

Source: http://counterkicks.com/2012/07/27/adidas-t-mac-1-houston-has-no-problem/

Found new pictures of the upcoming retro on Sneaker News. I'm not liking the changes in the colour blocking. It didn't look so bad in the catalog shot, but Adidas should of left them the way they were.

1339552483_056612.jpg

1339552484_072743.jpg

1339552683_058391.jpg

1339552848_081834.jpg

Source: http://sneakernews.com/2012/06/13/adidas-t-mac-1/

Through random Google searching I found a thread on Hoop China to little fanfare of the original T-Mac's being retro'd. Not sure though. But it seems legit. It was only posted 4-5 days before today. (If anyone can translate the post it would be much appreciated. Tried to Google translate the webpage and it wasn't making any sense.) Please tell me these are coming back.

132447091772779.jpg

Source: http://bbs.hoopchina.com/3057654_4651230.html

These are my favorite out of the line and the OG Away's are one of my favorite hoop sneakers of all time. I still have my OG's from high school. Just looking at these takes me back to the time when T-Mac was in the discussion for the best player in the league. If these retro, you better believe I'm getting them. They can keep those red ones though.
ohwell.gif

1b5a.jpg

tmac.jpg

Last edited:
i consider these heat but adidas crazy to think they will sell for 170. hell not even d. rose's kix sell for 110 
laugh.gif

I'm a HUGE fan of the T-Mac line, especially these and my personal favorite the 2's...BUT....170!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

Adidas is crazy. These retroed once already and went clearance on eastbay for like 50...the OG price was 100. 170 is just plain stupid.

170 is a grip...but I'll always remember these for that T-Mac commercial..."where would I be without handllllllllllllllllles!"

if those red/black come out, ill pick those up..but i dont see them being 170..adidas is not known for putting out shoes at that price...

Thanks hmcen. Is that retail the price they will be in China converted into USD? I know a lot of sneakers outside the US retail for more than what the conversion of the price in USD would be. A lot of times, it's actually cheaper for me to get stuff online from the States. And like K23J said. Adidas hasn't been known to put stuff out at those kind of prices.

jkballer5, I think I remember seeing white/black T-Mac 1's on Eastbay. It was after they were heavily discounted. I haven't been collecting that long. My feet were still growing when a lot of people on here already had collections. I just remembered how much I liked the T-Mac's and wanted to get them again. I saw those and passed though. Adidas did the same thing with the Kobe's. They retro'd a bunch of not so good looking team bank colourways that sat and when they more recently brought back the OG colourways and some half decent ones, they sold pretty well.

Sidenote: I noticed the catalog shot has a blue heel and lining. Looking at my OG's and the picture of the OG's above + the ones on Tracy's feet, they all have a black heel and lining. That's a non-issue for me, but I remember seeing some fakes online that had a blue heel and lining with a puffy tongue. They just looked bad.

These were retroed in 2007 or 2008 i think . Eastbay had a FSR of many team colors including the OG color

Adidas should bring back the Amazing handle and the Mad handle.

Those were classic. I remember Tmac dropped 40, 50 on teams while wearing the amazing handle and then the Mad handle commercial was just dope

Always wanted these but i never found them when i went to shoe stores.
I was in grade school.
Ended up getting two pairs of mad handles at one point.
I was actually still have the box of mad handles in a 5.5.
Cant wait for these to drop super excited.

Ive always liked these. I would cop for original retail, but $170 is straight CRAZY.

Im afraid with a price of  $170 these will be extremely limited, because I just dont see any Adidas selling well for that price. Even if they have a computer in them
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NikeKid6

Originally Posted by MVPlikeKobe24

would cop....even the Adidas Mad Handle were dope I had the silver joints

MAD HANDLES were crack

i wore my mad handles to the GROUND. those were the days when adiprene was mushy as %+%* and adidas had the slimey 70's tennis shoe feeling insoles 
laugh.gif

One of the best looking adidas shoes(mad handles) i had the all blue with grey and black colorway. they were really good balling shoes for the price

OG tmacs were ok. still have my og pair. i think the tmac 2 was the best out of all the macs

Mad handles came in so many colors, those metallic blues were crack... i remember all those crisp pics on Kicksology.net
pimp.gif
that site was the #%+%

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

These were retroed in 2007 or 2008 i think . Eastbay had a FSR of many team colors including the OG color

Adidas should bring back the Amazing handle and the Mad handle.

Those were classic. I remember Tmac dropped 40, 50 on teams while wearing the amazing handle and then the Mad handle commercial was just dope
i missed out when eastbay had multiple cws
tired.gif

Just thought I'd post this SVSM PE LeBron had and another shot of Bron in the OG's.

lebronjamesk.jpg

2009morethanagame001.jpg

EDIT: Original image wouldn't allow hotlinking.

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

Just thought I'd post this SVSM PE LeBron had and another shot of Bron in the OG's.

lebronjamesk.jpg

2009morethanagame001.jpg

EDIT: Original image wouldn't allow hotlinking.
Nice find. I spy some Kobes too. 
nerd.gif

Definitely excited about these.

Wow just seen this.. Bump for a release date please!! T-Mac is my favorite player of the 2000's and these were his best kicks. And yes I hope the Mad Handle comes back out in atleast blue or silver. Mad Handle to T-mac = Penny to foamposites lol

I always wanted the Tmac 4's when it came out, I thought the no lace system was sick

Back
Top Bottom