"The Rock" basketball....Looking for feedback from owners or anyone who has used one.

Joined Apr 26, 2002
Im in the market for a new indoor ball. Currently looking at the wilson evolution, and solution balls. These are both above 50 bucks. Anyone tried "the rock"? I've seen em on t.v. but never played with one. Its alot cheaper than the wilsons I am currently looking at. Any feedback is appreciated.

Joined Jan 22, 2008
dont really play ball, (baseball>>>>) but why is a basketball worth more than $50?

I know I shouldnt talk because Ive spent $$$ on equipment when I used to play

Joined Apr 26, 2002
yup TF's are great as well, thats all we practiced with in high shcool but in my opinion I think both wilsons I mentioned feel better.....

Joined May 21, 2009
Not a fan of the solution or evolution rocks from Wilson....the last time I played with "The Rock" it was ok at best....I'd go with the high end Wilson wave...its the best ball they make

Joined Dec 27, 2008
I have never used "the rock" but i usually use spaldings for outdoor ball. I was considering a change to the Wilson Jet Pro but im not sure of its pros/cons.

Joined Apr 26, 2002
Yup the Wilson Jet is another classic I used to play alot with back in the day... The Jet is an indoor ball tho right.... at least it was back when I played in high school around 2000-2001??????

Joined Jan 8, 2006
Originally Posted by JoseBronx

dont really play ball, (baseball>>>>) but why is a basketball worth more than $50?

I know I shouldnt talk because Ive spent $$$ on equipment when I used to play
Try playing with a 10 dollar ball.

Joined Apr 26, 2002
agree 50-60 bucks for a basketball sounds steep but if you play indoor ball alot like I do then its defitnitely worth paying a premium for a quality rock.....

Joined Mar 25, 2006
Originally Posted by mrtonyali13

evolution and TF-1000>>>
i prefer the evolution because TF's can get really slick imo
yep i was a manager at the sports authority and TF-1000 is the one

Joined May 21, 2009
The issue I have with the evo is how slick it gets....the tf is the sexy pick...the official nba is complete nonsense when you get ANY sweat on your hands....I'm telling you bro, the indoor wave is the way to go....

Joined Apr 26, 2002
Hmmm... thats dissapointing that the evo gets slick as well. I've seen some TF's get slick but hadn't heard that about the evolution. Might have to try the wave, its gettin good reviews.. Only thing is it might be a little hard transitioning back to a normal ball for league games and tournaments......

Joined Apr 12, 2008
I have the NIIKE 3000, the ones that colleges play with and I love it. It feels soft at first but once you get used to it, its nice. Sweat doesnt build up on it. Very good ball for me.

Joined May 21, 2009
I'm not gonna hold you up....the transition game is tougher with the wave, that may be the one downside to it....if you're going to go with a ball outside of the wave, the tf is the safer choice being that your going to end up hooping with it more than not on tourneys so you may as well get as much practice with it as you can

Joined Mar 18, 2008
Originally Posted by MLE323

agree 50-60 bucks for a basketball sounds steep but if you play indoor ball alot like I do then its defitnitely worth paying a premium for a quality rock.....
heh heh heh

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now