"The Rock" basketball....Looking for feedback from owners or anyone who has used one.

Im in the market for a new indoor ball. Currently looking at the wilson evolution, and solution balls. These are both above 50 bucks. Anyone tried "the rock"? I've seen em on t.v. but never played with one. Its alot cheaper than the wilsons I am currently looking at. Any feedback is appreciated.
smile.gif

dont really play ball, (baseball>>>>) but why is a basketball worth more than $50?

I know I shouldnt talk because Ive spent $$$ on equipment when I used to play

yup TF's are great as well, thats all we practiced with in high shcool but in my opinion I think both wilsons I mentioned feel better.....

Not a fan of the solution or evolution rocks from Wilson....the last time I played with "The Rock" it was ok at best....I'd go with the high end Wilson wave...its the best ball they make

I have never used "the rock" but i usually use spaldings for outdoor ball. I was considering a change to the Wilson Jet Pro but im not sure of its pros/cons.

Yup the Wilson Jet is another classic I used to play alot with back in the day... The Jet is an indoor ball tho right.... at least it was back when I played in high school around 2000-2001??????

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

dont really play ball, (baseball>>>>) but why is a basketball worth more than $50?

I know I shouldnt talk because Ive spent $$$ on equipment when I used to play

Try playing with a 10 dollar ball.

agree 50-60 bucks for a basketball sounds steep but if you play indoor ball alot like I do then its defitnitely worth paying a premium for a quality rock.....

Originally Posted by mrtonyali13

evolution and TF-1000>>>
i prefer the evolution because TF's can get really slick imo

yep i was a manager at the sports authority and TF-1000 is the one

The issue I have with the evo is how slick it gets....the tf is the sexy pick...the official nba is complete nonsense when you get ANY sweat on your hands....I'm telling you bro, the indoor wave is the way to go....

Hmmm... thats dissapointing that the evo gets slick as well. I've seen some TF's get slick but hadn't heard that about the evolution. Might have to try the wave, its gettin good reviews.. Only thing is it might be a little hard transitioning back to a normal ball for league games and tournaments......

I have the NIIKE 3000, the ones that colleges play with and I love it. It feels soft at first but once you get used to it, its nice. Sweat doesnt build up on it. Very good ball for me.

I'm not gonna hold you up....the transition game is tougher with the wave, that may be the one downside to it....if you're going to go with a ball outside of the wave, the tf is the safer choice being that your going to end up hooping with it more than not on tourneys so you may as well get as much practice with it as you can

Originally Posted by MLE323

agree 50-60 bucks for a basketball sounds steep but if you play indoor ball alot like I do then its defitnitely worth paying a premium for a quality rock.....
heh heh heh

Back
Top Bottom