The Roots @ Johns Hopkins University, April 25th

Tickets are $25 Don't know who else is expected to show their face...last year it was Common...same day as Towson University's TigerFest (rock for themost part, doesn't look appealing).

Freddy, I see you have good taste in music... I might go, but I don't really like the Roots as much as i used to.

I just got tickets to the NFL Draft in MSG and it's on the same day.
tired.gif
But just in case, where can I cop tickets?

Originally Posted by Scootyluvs6s

Freddy, I see you have good taste in music... I might go, but I don't really like the Roots as much as i used to.
Unlike Mos, the Roots haven't fallen off. They still put out quality and Illadelph Halflife is a Top 5 album IMO. I'm really at acrossroads because I dunno when the Roots will do a show again especially since they're on with Jimmy Fallon.

^^^ I feel the opposite way. I think Mos has stayed more consistent than the Roots. I loved all of thier stuff until recently. That last album wasn't toogood imo. It would be nice to see them do the old stuff like Proceed, Concerto of the Desperado, and You Got Me. I've seen them like 7 times, and countingRam's Head only twice for Mos, so this isn't something I have to see. But definitely let me know how things go.

They did Proceed and some other stuff from "Do You Want More?!" at the show at Towson last year.

My-T.

The Tigerfest show was dope, Roots killed it. Only problem was the drunk people crowd-surfing. I'm trying to get to this, might have to skip Girl Talk atmy school.

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

The Tigerfest show was dope, Roots killed it. Only problem was the drunk people crowd-surfing. I'm trying to get to this, might have to skip Girl Talk at my school.
I dunno how a guy that makes mashups has concerts. Is he a legit DJ? And how does he have concerts? Does he just play music from his Dell laptopthe whole time or something? Just curious.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

The Tigerfest show was dope, Roots killed it. Only problem was the drunk people crowd-surfing. I'm trying to get to this, might have to skip Girl Talk at my school.
I dunno how a guy that makes mashups has concerts. Is he a legit DJ? And how does he have concerts? Does he just play music from his Dell laptop the whole time or something? Just curious.

I've been told that's what it is. Also heard it's CRAZY.

I got tickets last week. Bumping this thread. Probably gonna head to BMore during the afternoon and cool out there for a bit, grab some food, and my 1/2 Cents.Any suggestions on food?

The Roots will be at Rock The Bells this Summer, which is also making a stop in the DMV so don't panic if you can't go the show at JHU

Even with the rain delay, it was a solid showing.

I loved Tuba Gooding Jr. and ?uestlove after the show was over throwing his drum head and sticks...great stuff.

Originally Posted by FreddyImperial

Even with the rain delay, it was a solid showing.

I loved Tuba Gooding Jr. and ?uestlove after the show was over throwing his drum head and sticks...great stuff.
The set was pretty short though. It's always good to see the Roots, but maybe it's because of the crowd, I just wasn't feelin' itlike I usually would. Regardless, it was definitely worth the trip and I got some sneakers off of Tommie yesterday. Guess I'll see them again at RTB.

Unlike Mos, the Roots haven't fallen off. They still put out quality and Illadelph Halflife is a Top 5 album IMO. I'm really at a crossroads because I dunno when the Roots will do a show again especially since they're on with Jimmy Fallon.
Unlike "Mos"??? I hope you weren't planning on throwing a "Def" behind that
eek.gif

For that my friend you may...
359694372.jpg

Roots put's on the best live show out of any of the other entertainers of my generation thus far!!! I need to catch them at a few more shows

Originally Posted by eddiebauer757

Unlike Mos, the Roots haven't fallen off. They still put out quality and Illadelph Halflife is a Top 5 album IMO. I'm really at a crossroads because I dunno when the Roots will do a show again especially since they're on with Jimmy Fallon.
Unlike "Mos"??? I hope you weren't planning on throwing a "Def" behind that
eek.gif

For that my friend you may...
359694372.jpg

Roots put's on the best live show out of any of the other entertainers of my generation thus far!!! I need to catch them at a few more shows
I'm not saying Mos isn't that dude, but I haven't really been feeling what he's been putting out post Black on Both Sides.

Back
Top Bottom