The RPG Thread -> 2023 was a banner year for RPGs. What was your favorite?

What is your RPG of 2022?

• Tactics Ogre

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Stranger of Paradise: FF Origins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

• Pokemon Acreus

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The dogs have got to be the most broken enemy type in the game. Stuck at the fire giant now been fighting him for 2 days now

I'm convinced the ones that inflict bleed are bugged because they can pretty much one shot you no matter what your stats are

For Fire Giant I just stayed underneath of him as much as I could and sliced his ankles with a katana...used the steed to close the gap when he would roll away

Man you weren't lying about this :lol:

Tried Malenia just for fun before going to NG+2...played her first phase normally and then just spammed Swarm of Flies in the second phase and totally melted her
The crazy thing is, you can make that incantation even more OP.
The Arcane stat increases the rate at which a status affect (like bleed) is inflicted. This buff only applies to weapons that have Arcane scaling though (innate or through smithing), with one exception.
That exception is that it also applies to all magic that has an Arcane requirement.

I know someone with an Arcane stat of 50 and his fly swarm is noticeably way stronger, despite my Faith being 55 and his being only around 20

I'm convinced the ones that inflict bleed are bugged because they can pretty much one shot you no matter what your stats are

For Fire Giant I just stayed underneath of him as much as I could and sliced his ankles with a katana...used the steed to close the gap when he would roll away
Yeah dogs in any FromSoft game have always been the most hated regular enemy. Now they can inflict bleed and rot :smh::lol:

I think the general concensus is that the dogs have been dethroned as #1 most annoying though.

Those damn mechanical birds swiftly seized that position, both the big ones and the smaller ones that go into a completely unpredictable rapid frenzy of bladed attacks after some damage.

You can def create a cool samurai looking character. Personally I think to actually significantly noticeably benefit from poise, it needs to be astronomically high.
stay lurkin stay lurkin I kinda wanna come up with some dope samurai fits now :lol: I have almost every armor set in the game and it is stupidly addicting to just come up with all kinds of looks.I even change my fits based on my weapons at this point.

As you've probably noticed, I now just wear whatever I want. I might lose out on a bit of damage reduction but it also means I don't necessarily need the Great Jar's Arsenal talisman on at all times, thus freeing up a talisman slot.

So now I only have 2 must-have talismans that are always equipped:
Radagon's Soreseal, which grants +5 boost to vigor, endurance, strength and dex in exchange for taking roughly 15% more damage. Honestly it's negligible and not having the 15% extra damage taken still isn't going to save you from all the 1 hit kill deaths in late game.

stay lurkin stay lurkin I kinda wanna come up with some dope samurai fits now :lol: I have almost every armor set in the game and it is stupidly addicting to just come up with all kinds of looks.I even change my fits based on my weapons at this point.

Ertree's Favor +2, which speaks for itself. Everyone should have this equipped tbh.

Idk if it's in the video but I think I have a great tip for a fist build.
The talismans "Rotten Winged Sword Insignia and Millicent's Prosthesis talismans are confirmed to stack. So that'll work wonders on your first build I imagine. I've been having a good time using the double Dragon Fist you get from Godrick :lol:
01b509c22f73d1a4adf6f7ac1f7c665f.png
5ac48e0fab3e9d0551291377fe3e2a9c.png
I already have my talisman loadout more or less set for my fist and claw weapons only run. Dragoncrest great shield talisman for the massive physical damage negation . Shard of Alexander for the huge bonus to skill damage (since I'm rocking 5 different fist and claw weapons at all times with different skills and ashes to cover as many scenarios as I can). Rotten winged sword insignia for that big damage buff. And for the last one, I usually cycle between flocks canvas talisman to increase weapon buff damage, swaddling cloth for heal on chain combos, the talisman that reduces fp of skills, or a twig for when I'm carrying 500k+ runes at once. I've made it all the way to the haligtree already with this setup. :lol:
I'm also rocking the raptor chest armor for a free claw talisman and white mask for free lord of blood's exaltation talisman. So in reality it's like I'm rocking 6 talismans with this loadout. :lol:
A lot of fights became a lot harder due to the range restriction and my insistence on not using ranged weapons. It is satisfying punching dragons to death though. :lol:

Yeah dogs in any FromSoft game have always been the most hated regular enemy. Now they can inflict bleed and rot :smh::lol:

I think the general concensus is that the dogs have been dethroned as #1 most annoying though.

Those damn mechanical birds swiftly seized that position, both the big ones and the smaller ones that go into a completely unpredictable rapid frenzy of bladed attacks after some damage.
Birds are up there too. The ones in stormveil killed nepheli because they got in the room while k was speaking to her . The little dogs espically the bleed ones and the big raptor looking dogs that bite like 3-4 times in one animation and each bite takes like 25% are super annoying .

Another boss giving me that work are the 3 crystaline warriors spear , staff and ring blade. I forget what cave they’re in but there defense is so high and they do scarlet rot as well .

Birds are up there too. The ones in stormveil killed nepheli because they got in the room while k was speaking to her . The little dogs espically the bleed ones and the big raptor looking dogs that bite like 3-4 times in one animation and each bite takes like 25% are super annoying .

Another boss giving me that work are the 3 crystaline warriors spear , staff and ring blade. I forget what cave they’re in but there defense is so high and they do scarlet rot as well .
Their defense is real bad actually if you just use a strike damage weapon, same applies to all crystalline enemies. All other physical damage types just bounce off the crystalline enemies/bosses and barely do damage until repeated attacks finally break their 'shield', whereas strike weapons just ignore their crystal defenses.

OG Playstation RPG floodgates are hopefully going to be opening up here soon:

Definitely going to be posting the list of games here when we know and going through the RPGs included. I'll give some insight, but hopefully we can get everyone dropping their 2 cents and get a top 10/top 25 games to check out first.

Man I just started Elden ring and barely out the gate and reading all this stuff the passed few pages has me like :wow::ohwell: I've never played a fromsoft game before and already having trouble wondering if I'm starting off right.

Man I just started Elden ring and barely out the gate and reading all this stuff the passed few pages has me like :wow::ohwell: I've never played a fromsoft game before and already having trouble wondering if I'm starting off right.

Nah don't worry about the internet just play.

Most of the joy of these games is the payoff from figuring things out on your own

Nah don't worry about the internet just play.

Most of the joy of these games is the payoff from figuring things out on your own
Yah that's what I was gonna do but reading things definitely makes it seem daunting. But it's already pretty tight so once I get the hang of building out my guy and what works with what I'll probably rerun a new game.

Got all of the Elden Ring achievements...it's crazy how the first playthrough took me close to 100 hours and the third took less than 3

Now I guess I'm in the post-From period where every other game seems totally boring :lol:

Can't wait for some DLC

Got all of the Elden Ring achievements...it's crazy how the first playthrough took me close to 100 hours and the third took less than 3

Now I guess I'm in the post-From period where every other game seems totally boring :lol:

Can't wait for some DLC
Damn already? I thought I was gonna be clearing out my NG+ run pretty fast but I then I thought 'wait, I could get a second version of all these cool weapons I like using' :lol:

I just got the Dung Eater as a puppet summon too and my man is slaying. I think Black Knife Tiche has the edge in terms of pure unrelenting damage but the Dung Eater's weapon art is amazing. He's constantly applying a great debuff to any enemies in a pretty large radius, he applies bleed and he seems almost invincible in terms of tanking damage.

Damn already? I thought I was gonna be clearing out my NG+ run pretty fast but I then I thought 'wait, I could get a second version of all these cool weapons I like using' :lol:

I just got the Dung Eater as a puppet summon too and my man is slaying. I think Black Knife Tiche has the edge in terms of pure unrelenting damage but the Dung Eater's weapon art is amazing. He's constantly applying a great debuff to any enemies in a pretty large radius, he applies bleed and he seems almost invincible in terms of tanking damage.

Yeah I picked up all the doubles I wanted and finished NPC quests on my second playthrough

For my third, I respecced 60 points into Arcane which made short work of most bosses with Swarm of Flies and a +25 Seppuku Uchigatana

The final boss is resistant to bleed so I used Comet Azur on the first phase while Tiche drew aggro and then switched to dual katanas (Moonveil and Uchi) for the second phase

April 2022 RPGs​

2022-04.jpg
  • Terrorbane [Switch/PC] - April 1
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition [PS4/XB1/Switch/PC] - April 7
  • Godfall Ultimate Edition [PS5/PS4/XS/XB1/PC] - April 7
  • Demeo PC Edition [Steam] - April 7 (Entering Early Access)
  • 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim [PC] - April 12
  • The Iron Oath [PC] - April 19 (Entering Early Access)
  • Neptunia x Senran Kagura: Ninja Wars [Switch] - April 19 (NA), April 22 (EU)
  • Chernobylite [PS5/XS] - April 21
  • Anuchard [Switch/XS/XB1/PC] - April 21
  • King Arthur: Knight's Tale [PC] - April 26 (Exiting Early Access)
  • Holomento [PC] - April 27 (Entering Early Access)

Is it able to be preordered on the PS Store? I cant find it through my PS4.

Last edited:
Damn this was a PS1 game? I think I def played it on my Ps2 though, didnt realize it was a 99 game. :wow:

Yessir. I still have my original PS1 copy that I bought in middle school (along with a ton of other PS1 era RPGs). Great game that got a lot of criticism at the time, I remember a lot of RPG fans saying it sucked compared to Chrono Trigger, but I really enjoyed it...moreso than CT.

One of the best soundtracks too.

I'll definitely pick it up for Switch, US has $20 digitial, Asia has $40 physical release.

Yessir. I still have my original PS1 copy that I bought in middle school (along with a ton of other PS1 era RPGs). Great game that got a lot of criticism at the time, I remember a lot of RPG fans saying it sucked compared to Chrono Trigger, but I really enjoyed it...moreso than CT.

One of the best soundtracks too.

I'll definitely pick it up for Switch, US has $20 digitial, Asia has $40 physical release.

How does digital work for Switch? Never done such a thing. I have a Lite also, will it even have enough space for the game?

Back
Top Bottom