The RPG Thread -> 2023 was a banner year for RPGs. What was your favorite?

What is your RPG of 2022?

• Tactics Ogre

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Stranger of Paradise: FF Origins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

• Pokemon Acreus

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You want a game that will shine* on the Steam Deck? Get yourself Vampire Survivors.

*quick search says the frame rate tanks, but whatever. It only cost $2.69 and it rules.

Last edited:
Since I kinda cheesed Malenia on the first playthrough by spamming the blood swarm incantation a lot, I figured I'd fight her for real this time.
Going for the lord of frenzy ending on this playthrough and the Magma Swords have been really fun

NVM, wrong tweet lol.

Here is a photo of Funguy instead.

I’m not the biggest Chrono Trigger (actually think it’s a tad bit overrated) but was listening to some VGM and this popped up. Now I got that urge to play

Right? :lol:

I have 3 of the 6 already downloaded on my PS4.

I an sure we will see more added. Interesting we dont see any of SE's plethora of games. I wonder if we should read into that at all.

The press release mentioned something about having 300 games at launch and that these were just a “preview”. Honestly though, the way they released this news with all the different platforms + Ubisoft+ etc. left me so confused that I decided to not even read into it and just see what they have when it launches. Only Sony could mess this up :lol:

I wouldnt call it awful. I think having played XIV online, there is alot of things that worked as a natural progression. And much of the pacing issues were fixed via patch.

Its in the middle of the pack in my opinion.

I wouldnt call it awful. I think having played XIV online, there is alot of things that worked as a natural progression. And much of the pacing issues were fixed via patch.

Its in the middle of the pack in my opinion.

Everything after IX was a letdown IMO. I enjoyed parts of X and XII, but they still weren't on the level of 7/8/9 for me.

Did you play the royal edition? Because that took the game to a solid 8.5 for me.

Nah, I thought about it, but honestly been disappointed with Square so much over the last 10-15 years that I didn't want to give them more money lol. Heard it definitely made an improvement, might grab it down the line just for collections sake since I have almost all the others.

Back
Top Bottom