The RPG Thread -> 2023 was a banner year for RPGs. What was your favorite?

What is your RPG of 2022?

• Tactics Ogre

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Stranger of Paradise: FF Origins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

• Pokemon Acreus

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
E3CE71A4-3E4C-44E1-9E51-212167AA67EB.png

A friend of mines had this hand held emulator and downloaded CT to it...spent 2 hours playing through it, just stuck at the fair...lol

Tales of Symphonia is still my Tales #1 but Arise is really good. Definitely has the best combat, visuals, presentation, etc.

My game crashed on disk 2 of Tales of Symphonia. Never went back but enjoyed the game

Didn't know there handheld emulators. Would def get one over a nintendo switch lite i've been wanting.

Didn't know there handheld emulators. Would def get one over a nintendo switch lite i've been wanting.
I would say get the Steam deck.

With the backlog of rpg games I have on Steam it should be nice to play them while traveling.

Been playing SMT3: Nocturne. Loving it but I didn’t realize I was being transported to 1999 levels of grinding. Didn’t miss that at all but it’s whatever.

Call me crazy but that’s the type of grinding I love. Throw on a video game playlist from YouTube, walk around in circles for hours, then go smack the boss in 2 minutes :lol:

Call me crazy but that’s the type of grinding I love. Throw on a video game playlist from YouTube, walk around in circles for hours, then go smack the boss in 2 minutes :lol:
Literally what I’ve been doing. It was easier as a kid cause I had more time. So a 2-3 hour grind session is taking me a few days.

SMT3 grinding a little exhausting cause you get so little exp. *shrugs*

OP how you gonna name drop chrono Cross and NOT chrono Trigger!? Quite possibly a top 3 RPG of all time , IMO my personal favorite....to this day I think about that game, the score was just incredible
CCross is rumored to be getting a remaster which is why I mentioned it.

I mean, CT is low hanging fruit. If you're even remotely interested in RPG's my assumption is you have played it. :lol: Not my personal favorite but undeniably great.

in for the thread. great topic. actually started FF8 for the first time on the switch. going in blindly with no help from youtube or anything. junction system is weird af to me. I have played FF7 so many times and just decided to go for it. Fallout 3, NV, 4, 5 are all under my belt as well. Bethesda games really. the grand kick off was ES: Oblivion. amazing game

FFVIII is a good game if you can get a handle on junctioning and dont mind the enemies leveling with you. The summons (GF's) are probably my favorite designs of any FF.

FFIX is my favorite in the series, while I know a few people will pipe up about VI. :lol:

FFVIII is a good game if you can get a handle on junctioning and dont mind the enemies leveling with you. The summons (GF's) are probably my favorite designs of any FF.

FFIX is my favorite in the series, while I know a few people will pipe up about VI. :lol:

FFIV and FFIX >>>>

FFV probably the most fun i had out of the SNES FFs though :nerd:. The job system 8)

Which is the one with the secret elemental bosses? I remember one that was at the bottom of the ocean i could never beat 🤣 that FF game was DOPE

^ they’re gonna be a problem in the remake, especially on Hard difficulty :lol:

Last edited:
add to the fact that ruby(desert) and emerald(underwater) was added to the game after the OG japanese release. Ruby was by far the hardest of them all.

grinding is easier on the newer editions of the game like the Switch because there's the option to hit the 3x speed for the entire game

I got dumb lucky beating Emerald when i was young. Somehow hit 7777 HP with Cid and got a limit break. Thought my game broke because Cid kept attacking indefinitely for 7777 a hit. Was about to reset my game then he finally did the limit break and i won. I was like wtf. But was happy I got it done haha.

add to the fact that ruby(desert) and emerald(underwater) was added to the game after the OG japanese release. Ruby was by far the hardest of them all.

grinding is easier on the newer editions of the game like the Switch because there's the option to hit the 3x speed for the entire game
3x speed was great for grinding for the limit breaks

A reminder, Video Game Awards tonight.

I think we will see a few reveals tonight that may be exciting. I am assuming Chrono Cross remaster, but maybe some FFXVI news as well. Or FFVII Part 2.

Anyone play Wasteland 3? I have been contemplating grabbing it, but I am not really a fan of X-Com. It seems to be in that general wheelhouse.

Back
Top Bottom