The RPG Thread -> 2023 was a banner year for RPGs. What was your favorite?

What is your RPG of 2022?

• Tactics Ogre

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Stranger of Paradise: FF Origins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

• Pokemon Acreus

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Been playing Yakuza: Like a Dragon.
When Goro shows up, I immediately know its bad news. That man washed my party so fast. Jesus. Glad they treated him like a real boss. I know Kiryu is going to murder me. I'm grinding now at that fight club spot before that mission.
Dude, when they showed his boots and I heard his laugh, I was both losing my **** because the homie is back and dreading the fight that was about to happen beacuse Saejima was right there with him as well. :lol:

And Kiryu will absolutely body you if you are not prepared for it. One Tiger shot will put a character down easily. :lol:

I played the Valkyrie Elysium demo yesterday. As a person who only played Valkyrie Profile, it is quite the difference going from 2D, side scrolling, turn based RPG to a 3D action game with RPG elements. The core mechanics of the series are still there, get heroic spirits, level them, and get weapons for your Valkyrie to make her stronger. I enjoyed my time with the game. There was a lot to do in the demo, I wasnt expecting to actually play it for that long. :lol:

Nice, I was going to play the demo after you and wrongway left last night, but ended up buildcrafting a Hunter void build for 2 hours. :lol:

DioField Chronicles comes out in 3 days:

I didn't love them demo, but I think the slight similarity to XCOM's movement system may have been what put me off. I think i will pick this up when it is on sale, or *hopefully* comes to PS+ Premium.

I finished FF XIV: Shadowbringers last night. This was a cool surprise to finish it off :smokin

Final Fantasy Warrior of Light

WoL.jpg

Recently discovered FF7-X is available on Xbox Game Pass (just got an Xbox S). I loved FFX, put like a 100 hours on that back in the day so imma download and play that today, ill get it in before MW2 comes out and takes over my time. Whats surprising to me most (shoudnt but it does) is games like FF7 take only gb of space. Compared to games now that easily over 100gb its insane how little games of the past take. I might just download FF7 on my phone and play it when im outside. :lol:

Yea, I always found it funny I could have every Final Fantasy (I-X), Grandia, Wild Arms, and several other RPG series of games on my VITA, but 1 modern AAA game would have basically used all of the memory.

DioField Chronicles comes out in 3 days:

I didn't love them demo, but I think the slight similarity to XCOM's movement system may have been what put me off. I think i will pick this up when it is on sale, or *hopefully* comes to PS+ Premium.

I love XCOM's turn based strategy game. on the otherhand, it does look similar. I'm beginning to think that it is the same studio that made XCOM as well.

sneeker sneeker

Have you seen Miasma Chronicles? Sounds like it might be up your alley. Supposed to come out next year. Not exactly the most captivating titles for alot of these games. :lol:

sneeker sneeker

Have you seen Miasma Chronicles? Sounds like it might be up your alley. Supposed to come out next year. Not exactly the most captivating titles for alot of these games. :lol:

aesthetically speaking, it looks really nice. combat system is ok but could have used a bit more enhancement or additions. story though look meh. on the otherhand, it does look better than Fort Condor. :lol:

Dude, when they showed his boots and I heard his laugh, I was both losing my **** because the homie is back and dreading the fight that was about to happen beacuse Saejima was right there with him as well. :lol:

And Kiryu will absolutely body you if you are not prepared for it. One Tiger shot will put a character down easily. :lol:
Took some time to beat the fighting arena, switched jobs and it took like 20-30 mins but I beat them. That’s how a boss fight should feel and how an OG from the series should feel as well. Old guys was putting on a clinic

I have been holding out hope the Trails series would come to PS Premium. Sounds like this one might have to wait.

I have been holding out hope the Trails series would come to PS Premium. Sounds like this one might have to wait.
I have the first 3 on PC/Steam Deck. The first one is decent but so far, it hasn’t really lived up to the hype, imo.

Finally got around to playing the new JRPG demos.

Star Ocean is good but I still prefer combat in SO4. I’ll pick this one up on sale simply due to being let down by SO5 and looking like a PS3 game remastered for PS4.

Valkyrie Elysium was surprisingly fun to play. I have no experience with the previous game so I have nothing to compare it to. This one also looks dated and the jumping made me feel like I was playing a PS2 game. I’ll also wait for a sale for this one.

DioField Chronicles didn’t even last 10 minutes. I could possibly come back to it but I knew right away it wasn’t anything I’d be playing anytime soon. There are just way too many games out now and coming soon for me to even entertain it.

This is a great time for JRPG fans :smokin

Back
Top Bottom