The RPG Thread -> 2023 was a banner year for RPGs. What was your favorite?

What is your RPG of 2022?

• Tactics Ogre

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Stranger of Paradise: FF Origins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

• Pokemon Acreus

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just finished FF7 Remake Intergrade today and basically just starting with intermission. so far, I rate it 9.3/10. it's not perfect although considering the work they've done is highly applausable. the background sky could have used more dynamic movement rather than a static image. that's why I'm giving it on the lower 9 score. also, the porting on the PC had trouble especially in the last part of the game. could be some bug that wasn't fixed but the cinematics just froze and skipped. so the experience was a bit annoying especially it was the climactic part of the whole game. so the bugs were very obvious. other than that, I like it.

Only thing that’s getting upgraded is the frame rate and that’s not a game that needs to be 60fps. They think they’re slick but next gen version will sell like **** on PS.

Agreed, I’m on my New Game Plus play through after finishing Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade two weeks ago.

980C2598-9216-490E-BFB6-0D88914A7C99.jpeg

Rather than finish one of the 4 or 5 games I am currently in the middle of, I fired up Yakuza Like a Dragon and played a few hours.

Its quite good! A ton of story filler that pulls you from the game itself, but it does set the table well for the characters.

I like the turn based combat quite a bit so far. I just finished Chapter 3 I believe.

Rather than finish one of the 4 or 5 games I am currently in the middle of, I fired up Yakuza Like a Dragon and played a few hours.

Its quite good! A ton of story filler that pulls you from the game itself, but it does set the table well for the characters.

I like the turn based combat quite a bit so far. I just finished Chapter 3 I believe.
Wait until the story starts connecting…

A few more hours yesterday and I am really enjoying it now. It reminds me quite a bit of how South Park tackled an RPG. And there are some pretty funny moments.

Both South Park games are supposed to be really good. Like really good.
First game is really good. Haven’t played the second one. Game has some outrageous stuff in it. Stuff that is on par with SP. One part was egregious. And one part I was kind like did you NEED to do that?

The Fractured But Whole (second game) is even better than the first, in my opinion.

It is grid based and the story loosely plays on Marvel's Civil War.

Back
Top Bottom