The RPG Thread -> 2023 was a banner year for RPGs. What was your favorite?

What is your RPG of 2022?

• Tactics Ogre

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Stranger of Paradise: FF Origins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

• Pokemon Acreus

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
been playing Yakuza: like a dragon..

Highly recommend it.

It has hella long cut scenes tho if you're not a fan of that. Just a heads up

Good way or bad way :lol:

My GFs are higher lvl then my party but having the same stock weapons on some party members

Maybe because I’m comparing it to FF7 where I’m a wizard at I feel that I am feeling somewhat missing something big.

the story is cool. Seeing someone talk about FF they said that squall was probably the most emo of the main characters. I have to agree as of now he hasn’t changed like Cloud during his game but then again I got a whole lotta game left. Hopefully I don’t know because disc one ended and I felt it was short.

I’m on the Switch by the way

When i first played FF8 as a youngin all i did was summon GFs the whole battle, every battle the whole game 😂. It wasn’t until years later I learned the power of true junctioning, Aura magic and limit breaks.

Yea, don't get stuck fighting the T-rex near Balamb Garden at level 27 like I did my first run. Only to get absolutely dominated later in the game. :lol:

Drawing and junctioning make that game much easier than 13 year old me thought it was.
I was annoyed at first til I discovered you have to use blind or silence on it. from there, it was a piece of cake. you don't have to go really high level to beat it.

drawing and junctioning wasn't really a problem since it has a pretty much similar junctioning system as FF7. the only difference is they are not called as materia anymore but something else.

It’s the reason why I didn’t beat FF VIII until the remaster. Younger me made it to disc 4 but couldn’t finish it due to difficulty. I felt like I had to summon GFs for every encounter :lol:
what? I managed to beat it but was just annoyed that I had skipped some quests that I would have liked to play and rare items GFs that I have missed. I believed it was between the Fisherman's Horizon and the Ragnarok mission that it all got screwed up. I loved the card game and got most of it.

What a coincidence I came in here to talk about FF8 and y’all are already in it.

I’m doing my first play thru and the junction system is still real weird to me. The fact that if I just attack regularly my party still only hits for like 90 average seems hella off to me. And that when I finished disc 1 Squall was only level 19.

I’ve had no spoilers going in. kinda. Seen some youtube videos on FF in general. “Top 10 bosses” etc. I accidentally learned that the game levels with you but the rest i forgot. Like I think Rinoa is one of the best possible party members at the end.
Rinoa is great. especially Zell although I hated his character. Irvine is great as well.

Good way or bad way :lol:

My GFs are higher lvl then my party but having the same stock weapons on some party members

Maybe because I’m comparing it to FF7 where I’m a wizard at I feel that I am feeling somewhat missing something big.

the story is cool. Seeing someone talk about FF they said that squall was probably the most emo of the main characters. I have to agree as of now he hasn’t changed like Cloud during his game but then again I got a whole lotta game left. Hopefully I don’t know because disc one ended and I felt it was short.

I’m on the Switch by the way
it was a tough act to follow since Cloud really built a fan reputation. Squall would have had that same reputation but they made his character unrelatable or anti-social. not saying he was not somehow similar to Cloud but.... other than that, the gunblade was a cool update.

When i first played FF8 as a youngin all i did was summon GFs the whole battle, every battle the whole game 😂. It wasn’t until years later I learned the power of true junctioning, Aura magic and limit breaks.
not going to play FF8 again til they make a remake.

Maybe because when I saw materia it’s like concrete there. with colors, with HP/MP clearly written in the battle screen. I walk into 8 and it’s a current health number out of I don’t know and their names only :lol:

zell is Tifa basically and Rinoa is the Prez daughter and with a majority of the FMVs having her in the shots I’d hope she’s good at the end.

I also learned the hard way that beating bosses with a party member dead equals nothing gained at all from either person. In other final fantasies of course I want everybody alive for exp gain etc. when I beat the boss but I effed up and it’s too late now:lol:

And I forget the card game even exists and the only times I actually hard reset my game out of rage was losing a good card:lol: hopefully that’s another thing that doesn’t ruin me in the end by not playing it a lot.

Remastered on the switch allows me to have three special options. 3x speed(game in general) which I abuse religiously, no random battles and full health and limit breaks(only during battle). The last two never use because I’m still trying to decipher fighting

Maybe because when I saw materia it’s like concrete there. with colors, with HP/MP clearly written in the battle screen. I walk into 8 and it’s a current health number out of I don’t know and their names only :lol:

zell is Tifa basically and Rinoa is the Prez daughter and with a majority of the FMVs having her in the shots I’d hope she’s good at the end.

I also learned the hard way that beating bosses with a party member dead equals nothing gained at all from either person. In other final fantasies of course I want everybody alive for exp gain etc. when I beat the boss but I effed up and it’s too late now:lol:

And I forget the card game even exists and the only times I actually hard reset my game out of rage was losing a good card:lol: hopefully that’s another thing that doesn’t ruin me in the end by not playing it a lot.

Remastered on the switch allows me to have three special options. 3x speed(game in general) which I abuse religiously, no random battles and full health and limit breaks(only during battle). The last two never use because I’m still trying to decipher fighting
it should be easy now just like how they redid XII with Zodiac Age. now it is easier to go around that game and also saving. last time I played it, I let Odin die in favor of Gilgamesh.

beating bosses can be easy and knowing their main weakness. typically you use something of their polar opposite to counter and kill them easily. it was difficult back then since it was tough getting some walkthrough and information unlike nowadays. back then, it was asking for someone who has a copy of BradyGames strategy guide or word of mouth of knowing what to do. I even had a written and photocopied FFXII walkthrough sent to me by a buddy of mine when I went overseas.

A little more than halfway done with FF8. Game is pretty easy if you junction right. Curaga and Tornado are your friends.

Also, getting abilities like Enc-Half and Enc-None early in the game is something every Final Fantasy needs.

Back
Top Bottom