The RPG Thread -> 2023 was a banner year for RPGs. What was your favorite?

What is your RPG of 2022?

• Tactics Ogre

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Stranger of Paradise: FF Origins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

• Pokemon Acreus

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2sappy 2sappy you try the DLC yet? I am going to wait until it is all out and try a harder difficulty run on 16.
I started ng+ on Final Fantasy Mode right before the first DLC came out (which requires you to hit endgame to access) and got about halfway through the base game again before deciding the same thing. After seeing the recent screenshots and clips of how the Tonberry looks like in the 2nd dlc, I'm terrified to fight it yet looking forward to it, after I'm done with 7Rebirth that is.

Edit:
Speak of the devil. :lol:

wasn't IX 200 years in the past of VII? The character Shinra later built the empire in his namesake and had dialogue about the world?

I've never heard nor read anything alluding to that. Both planets are called Gaia, that's about it for the connections as far as I can tell.

ok there we go lol. I never played IX or X2 but I heard about that little fact and/or easter egg

Decided to give Dragons Dogma 2 a go on my Xbox Series X and...nah man I can't do it.
Absolute dog**** performance. If you're not gonna go for 60fps, at least do us a favor and LOCK IT at 30fps.
Instead, get an unlocked framerate that bounces from low 20s to the mid 40s.

I can deal with 30fps, but not like this.

Hmm.....

Edit:
Hmmm...

They have Gundams in FF XIV?? I might have to play now.

I remember that Xenogears was originally a pitch for FF7. I wouldn't mind them giving us the ability to play as giant mech versions of the summons one day.

IMG_6484.jpeg

danger style danger style

Last edited:
just beat ff7 rebirth..

not sure how I feel about the ending/aerith's death. felt like they didnt do it justice. the fake out where it looks like cloud saves her was good, but I didnt like how cloud doenst mourn her death.

in the OG he lays aerith's body in the water and says

"Aerith is gone. Aerith will no longer talk, no longer laugh, cry...... or get angry......What about us...... what are WE supposed to do? What about my pain?"

maybe its because he can still see the spirit version of her so he wasnt that sad? idk....

the part where aerith from the other dimension gives her white materia to cloud and pushes him back to his reality so he can give the white materia to the aerith in his dimension was a nice touch. shows how sephiroth is always going to kill aerith regardless of which dimension...

overall I give the game a 10/10 for me. cant wait for the final part.

I’m glad I copped these again, physically a few months ago. Unfortunately I don’t heave Hearts R though. This could also mean that they’re getting updated ports.

A week and a half out, anyone else excited for the Suikoden spiritual successor? This, Rebirth, and Final Shape (Destiny 2) are my only preorders this year.

I’ll wait for reviews. I’ve played Suikoden I&II but never finished either. I feel like I should play and finish them first.

Back
Top Bottom