The Secret Behind "Nike Air" Vol. "CAUTION: May Cause Excessive Performance"

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Hate to be the Kill Joy, but I wish Nike would put this much effort in the Research and Development Department.

Which company puts out more new tech than NIKE?

Originally Posted by 3onPar5

Hate to be the Kill Joy, but I wish Nike would put this much effort in the Research and Development Department.

what new tech? more are on the gimmick side of things to get things sold. I'll preach this until the day I die, they made that ideal shoe 8-10 years ago but having that PERFECT product doesnt necersarily sell shoes. They are in the business of making money first and foremost. They are MARKETING KINGS. Men amongst mere babies

Nikes marketing is sick... the grunts on marias shoes is hilarious.. 

WTB  Trainer 1s size 12 thru 13 Manny Pacs first colorway, Ladanian PEs, Jimmy Rollins PE, Trainer 1 Oregon PEs
WTB LEBRON SAMPLES AND PEs size 12 and 12.5 NEW OR USED
WTB Nike Maestro red all star colorway any size 11.5 thru 13 any condition besides beat.

Maria
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

and guy stuck on the ceiling plane
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

what new tech? more are on the gimmick side of things to get things sold. I'll preach this until the day I die, they made that ideal shoe 8-10 years ago but having that PERFECT product doesnt necersarily sell shoes. They are in the business of making money first and foremost. They are MARKETING KINGS. Men amongst mere babies

Right, cause the ZigTech is earth shattering. Look even though you think everything is a gimmick, doesn't mean it doesn't work on some level. Air, Zoom, Shank plates, free, max air, double stacked zoom, lunar foam, flywire, dri fit, shox, nike plus, prestos, these are all very good if not great innovations to put into footwear and apparel. Just out of curiosity what has adidas brought to the table recently, that was not a copy of what NIKE is doing?

Right, cause the ZigTech is earth shattering. Look even though you think everything is a gimmick, doesn't mean it doesn't work on some level. Air, Zoom, Shank plates, free, max air, double stacked zoom, lunar foam, flywire, dri fit, shox, nike plus, prestos, these are all very good if not great innovations to put into footwear and apparel. Just out of curiosity what has adidas brought to the table recently, that was not a copy of what NIKE is doing?

Nike probably have a distinct edge, but they weren't the first company to put a kevlar weave plate in a shoe, the merits of Lunar foam are debatabe, as are Flywire, and Shox IS a gimmick.

Incidentally, you didn't mention Foamposite.

I think I saw 'new' in your post and immediately thought of recent stuff.  As swingshot states, I think a lot of newer technologies are debatable.. Unlike the past successes which I never even made a mention of. Zoom air is great, shank plates are great. double stacked zoom should be in every shoe. Dri fit is great.

I agree the past has been great for Nike, but they've hit a wall in some regards.. thats all I was trying to state. Separate the past from the present and you'll get a clearer picture of what i'm saying.

I think I saw 'new' in your post and immediately thought of recent stuff.  As swingshot states, I think a lot of newer technologies are debatable.. Unlike the past successes which I never even made a mention of. Zoom air is great, shank plates are great. double stacked zoom should be in every shoe. Dri fit is great.

I agree the past has been great for Nike, but they've hit a wall in some regards.. thats all I was trying to state. Separate the past from the present and you'll get a clearer picture of what i'm saying.

Wally, first of all I LOVE the discussion. All I am asking is what are other companies bringing to the table? The answer is nothing. Some of NIKE's newest stuff is getting the gimmick name and maybe rightfully so, but it must work on some level. You also have to admit NIKE+ is a great innovation that has worked really well, and I think Lunar Foam is just now taking off. THey have a Lunar Max coming out. The first iteration of something usually needs to be worked on (Hyperdunk bottoming out) but they are getting Lunar Foam to a great place (Lunar Glide, awesome running shoe).

So again maybe NIKE is not bringing anything as earth shattering as AIR, thats a once in a lifetime type innovation, but what is anyone else showing? This is why NIKE is literally dominating right now (stock is out of sight), their hoops shoes are great (Kobe 4 and 5, and Lebron and Huarache lines), their running is getting good traction with "runners" (Lunar Glide and Bowerman Series), and casual (Air Max 2009).

Adidas or someone better get on some "gimmicks" soon.

Again I LOVE the discussion. Where were you in the "Lets Discuss the Industry" thread? We could have used you. lol

Back
Top Bottom