The Shenmue Appreciation Post Vol. 1986

After talking to fellow NTer AirJordanSeattle23, I felt it was only proper to show one of the greatest video games of all time some love... Shenmue!  This game had everything from a built-in fighting engine first utilized in the prototypical fighting game series Virtua Fighter; an arcade where you could play classic Sega games, and missions that ranged from you taking care of a kitten to putting together the pieces to your father's death.  I'm still waiting for volumes 3-16 to come out.
frown.gif

This game was ground-breaking but it was mundane at times.....this and Zelda were the first games I remember being so engrossed in that I literally became the character.

OG Shenmue Dojo member checking in. Biggest fan of Shenmue on here, I still have a DS sealed copy.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kash55

My fondest memory of playing videogames as a kid is Shenmue.

DREAMCAST is the best and will always be the best bday present I've ever gotten.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

it will never happen

it would if the game was as good as some people make it out to be

It really is/was though. This game is up there with Final Fantasys, Zeldas, Metal Gears..

for those of you that liked shenmue, do yourself a favor and check out the yakuza series. specifically, yakuza 3 for PS3 (it includes backstory vids from 1&2)

it's also by sega and is probably best described as a cross between shenmue and GTA... IMO it's better than both. i'm at 51% completion and 57 hours playtime so far... story by itself will take you 25+ hours, but between side missions and minigames you'll be totally engrossed.

I remember getting this for Christmas around the time it came out. I beat it in one day.

Never have I been so enthralled and immersed in a game. My favorite part is finding the old scrolls and learning new moves. Oh and that damn forklift.

1 left much to be desired. Never got two.

This is without a doubt Dreamcast's defining game. Shame it was it's apex as well.

Back
Top Bottom