The Shield

Originally Posted by hymen man

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

The Shield is better than The Wire overall.

Might not be realistic as the wire, but far more entertaining.

I haven't seen the whole series yet but I gotta say....
calm-down.jpg
Also gotta apologize to this dude.. 
laugh.gif

Though I still feel the Wire is a better show overall, I can't hate and understand anyone who thinks the Shield is better.. it really was a great show through out.

I think The Wire had much bigger ideas that transcended television. It had a lot more great characters/perspectives/performances, really creative storytelling, deep realism and more memorable writing and quotables.

The Shield was pretty simple. A dirty cop who's great at his job.
They just went as far as any straight up cop show can ever get to greatness, I think.

And beyond just cop shows...any show about antiheroes like Breaking Bad, Sopranos and Dexter.
In certain ways...The Shield is as strong or stronger than that show, and it's last season can go up against any of their best.
It's apples and oranges.

Shane Vendrell aka Walton Goggins

Spoiler [+]
Not sure if you all knew this, but his REAL wife committed suicide a few years back....made the scene where his on-screen wife committed suicide even more sad/touching

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

The Shield is better than The Wire overall.

Might not be realistic as the wire, but far more entertaining.

I haven't seen the whole series yet but I gotta say....
calm-down.jpg
Also gotta apologize to this dude.. 
laugh.gif

Though I still feel the Wire is a better show overall, I can't hate and understand anyone who thinks the Shield is better.. it really was a great show through out.

laugh.gif
apology accepted. I just had to say that because The Shield is so underrated despite being pretty mainstream.

and I agree with everything Onegative said...

I judge them by what they are, TV shows. Though The Wire has the upper hand on realism and maaaaaybe storytelling, it falls flat everywhere else. Many people agree that, not just episodes, but entire seasons just plainly suck. You just won't get that with The Shield.

But I think the most important criteria for a great TV show for me is its replay value. The Shield and Lost I can watch until I die. I'd never put myself through The Wire again.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Shane Vendrell aka Walton Goggins

Spoiler [+]
Not sure if you all knew this, but his REAL wife committed suicide a few years back....made the scene where his on-screen wife committed suicide even more sad/touching
Jeez...did not know that. As if that whole situation didn't hit me hard enough.
30t6p3b.gif

Lt. Kavanaugh was a huge opponent for the strike team....I hated Forest Whitaker ever since!

I just finished this show and I am a huge fan of The Sopranos and The Wire and I have to say it ranks up there with those shows just fine. If it had been an HBO show it could have been alot better with no restrictions but I LOVED it! Vic Mackey is one of the best characters of any series or movie I have ever seen.

Watch from the very first episode because by the end everything comes full cirlce. Most intense finale ever!

Just finished watching this show yesterday..

My man Ronnie |I

I HATED Forest Whitakers whole aura on this show :lol: :smh:

Aceveda :rofl: :x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom