The Spending money on foolish things Thread

How many of you guys made these purchases with your work-study money?! LOL
Idk what a work study is but I saved up and spent $2,800 on a Tag Heuer Carrera with internship money. Never understood obsessing over what someone else spends. That gives 0 insight into what one's financial situation is. Flame away

Idk what a work study is but I saved up and spent $2,800 on a Tag Heuer Carrera with internship money. Never understood obsessing over what someone else spends. That gives 0 insight into what one's financial situation is. Flame away
whoa deree... 

"obsessing" and "worrying" are a bit much... we're just having a NT discussion. daht'all. 

but when the phrase "saving up to buy" .... is followed by the word "belt" .... well.... that tells me a lot about someone's financial situation. 

just spent $380 on a 2 inch fish a couple weeks ago. :smh: at my hobbies

whoa deree... 

"obsessing" and "worrying" are a bit much... we're just having a NT discussion. daht'all. 

but when the phrase "saving up to buy" .... is followed by the word "belt" .... well.... that tells me a lot about someone's financial situation. 
Maybe you weren't but his post seemed to reference the Barney's thread. Let dude live, I've saved up $300 for sunglasses which is similar and I'm far from fiscally irresponsible.

^^ Lineatus Fairy wrasse, terminal male. I got an SPS reef tank with lots of corals and rare fish

Bought a north face Denali 2yrs ago here in
phx, az where it's still 95degres!! Sits in my closet 11 months out the yr smh..

burberry scarf from bloomingdales (oh the irony)

250 and only wore it once.

I bought a pair of shoes I would never walk in, but they will sit gloriously in my closet for no one to see them, but they will know that this pair is there, and very amazing.
nthat.gif

View media item 630492Bought this back in '05. Wasn't cheap either, had to be shipped, too. My favorite basketball game of all-time, though. Had no furniture in my apartment, just a bed on the floor and this. I was young and making decent money, wilin', smh. Played it a few days, then it collected dust. Ended up just giving it away. It's really one of those things that's worth having if you have friends, which I didn't. Forever alone.

Last edited:
Bought 3 pairs of elite socks for $50 ish.. also bought a cheap jack and hackstand for $43... should've bought a better jack lift

phx, az where it's still 95degres!! Sits in my closet 11 months out the yr smh..

:rofl: :rofl:

Better start going on more ski trips.

A bunch of grail Nike SB's that I had to sell 6 months later.

Music production equipment that I had to sell 3 months later.

Stupid drugs.

I can't handle financial aid right, ever. If I have money and I see something I want, it's hard not to buy it.

Can't remember the name of the shoe but I remember people paying over half a g for them. :smh:

It was the Yeezys before the Yeezys. A Japanese shoe.

^^ Lineatus Fairy wrasse, terminal male. I got an SPS reef tank with lots of corals and rare fish

Nice, I don't keep anything that expensive but I have a colony of Frontosa in a 120 gallon.

Reactions: c4
If you're buying balenciagas and louboutins and STILL live at home..

A. You're not doing it.

B. Your finances aren't in order.

i usually dont care how others spend their money if its expensive but at the same time why spend money on something you dont need forget about the cost...thats like me buying a northface snorkel because i like it but i live in los angeles and will never make use of it

i usually dont care how others spend their money if its expensive but at the same time why spend money on something you dont need forget about the cost...thats like me buying a northface snorkel because i like it but i live in los angeles and will never make use of it

I'm Originally from the Northwest where north face is common so that's my style. It's all good though..
In reality if you worked for it you earned it. Can't nobody tell you nothing.......

Where do I begin

$600 dita grandmaster 2 over the summer
4 polo jackets all over $300
True religions
Cashmere sweaters
Chup socks
Bad quality Jordan's
A new iPhone/iPad every year

Back
Top Bottom