the state of sneakers :: things just aint the same..

Yall (READ: WE) are getting old, so it should be expected that somethings aren't going to be like they were. That's the evolution of life. And we should all know kids (meaning teenagers and those who are just starting to get their own money) are going to be followers to some degree. They are at the stage where they are trying to find themselves. I think Toweh (the Knowledge Speaker) gave the best advice you could give a youngin'- BUY SOMETHING YOU LIKE! Don't be afraid to set your own standards and trends. It may be hard, but do you! And if you think about it, if more people applied this concept to everything, @#%$ might be better across the board.

As for the state of the game, I am too newbie to speak on it. I know one thing, as much as people love Major and Cmonwealth there are some very frustrated "exclusive" folks out there. The lane is wide open now and people have more direct access to @#%$ some people used to take trips to buy. I find that funny!

Oh I definitely remember the Champion Hoodies and Sweatshirts...I used to have direct access to those...white K-Swiss...Polo EVERYTHING...can't forget USED Jeans...thanks to my older Brother. I followed his steps...OG Freshness...

Oh yeah...can't forget the OG Gucci Sneakers...not the S.Dots...all green joints...all red joints. and what else...the good ol' EK Shades...
TEAM I DON'T NEED ONENiketalk's One Man Graphics Shop.
www.omaaro.com

Quote:
Bapestas made Nike step up their game with the colorways on their Forces.
:rolleyes
eyes.gif
Quote:
Dont Hide in A Closet... Be a Man.. Address Me in Person....

The Unofficial 5th Horseman

Quote:
Summers of '87 - '89. Best of my life

Quote:
1. I am old
2. I long for the summers of the 80's

^^ Minus the murders, Regan, and Bush
Same here ...
"IF SOMETHING'S WORTH DOING IT'S WORTH DOING FOR MONEY" - Wall Street

Quote:
The King has spoken.

Great points.

But Ian is just saying it's not the same, not that it's dead. And we all got to agree, even from 4 years ago... especially 7-10 years ago.

We don't live in a 3rd world country, so this sneaker thing will never be dead, because we all must wear kicks.

And DC/MD/VA heads stay fly--as proven--so........................

But I do agree with dudes now trying too hard.

You got on your waist 27 501s and "overseas only" cement air maxes.

So the what.

Let's see who pulls the baddest chick when she walks pass us simultaneously. Not who breaks another dude's neck.

Bammas got the REAL game twisted...
TEAM NOBEEF

Quote:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summers of '87 - '89. Best of my life
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
1. I am old
2. I long for the summers of the 80's

^^ Minus the murders, Regan, and Bush
Same here ...
s look like hypebeast crayola sets. Nike can afford to do that. Hell, JB sits for weeks on end now. Even the local stores aren't even carrying much of a deviation from DTLR, Shoe City or SportsZone. Well, if you want all the hypebeast brands, but even Up Against The Wall are beating them to the punch by carrying Stussy, 10Deep, C's N C's,
Smack! and the likes. Hell, Last Stop carries Lemar and Dauley.

Dudes be reaching too far to be seen as a hipster.

& dying laughing at the Adrian comment. Hot damn, Ian.

Team DC/MD/VA​

MD/DC/VA Forum's Ironhand Enforcer..
O.G. Member #7 Da God Number

Quote:
Let's see who pulls the baddest chick when she walks pass us simultaneously. Not who breaks another dude's neck.
:pimp:
pimp.gif
preach. on the real, people in general dont really care about all that nonsense. it dont matter what you got on, who its made by, or how limited it is if you aint fresh in it....

BEFORE I WALK OUT THE DOOR I SIZE UP EVERY OPTION, EYES CUT EVERY DIRECTION/ ITS LIKE GOD OR GUNS, WHICH IS BETTER PROTECTION? CANT DECIDE THATS A HARD ONE...

vanity is the biggest drug in the worl, everyone is always trying to outdo someone else... Whatever happened to the power of the P-U-S-S-Y, its why ninja's get haircuts, try to dress fly.

In the words of devin the dude "as long as you grown @#%$ you might as well go on and just do what the F u wanna do"

this article sums up whats wrong with all of the limited editions coming out.
props to nicekicks.com
too-much-sole-wsj-2.jpg

If UATW gets those accounts it can only mean an easier time to cop for personal use, as far as flipping...well UATW ain't everywhere :lol:
laugh.gif
GET SOME FRESH AIR!

Quote:
UATW is in the right markets

^ This is so true O ... they get it and they got the cred and the credit to open the accounts ...

But as far as exclusivity goes ... the sneaker game just don't have it anymore ... you may be the only one with the kicks/t-shirt/jeans on that day but man trust me somebody's got your fit ...

But you need to look at the brands ... because they are selling out by the dozens ...

take ALIFE, Upper Playground, or Stussy (well they had Stussy back in the day) ... they were all kinda exclusive ... but you can cop their goods at UATW all day long ...

And don't get me wrong I want the next man to make money so we can all live well ... but I respect more of the brands that stick to their core customer base and become lifestyle counterparts to their consumers ... that's brand building at its best ...

"IF SOMETHING'S WORTH DOING IT'S WORTH DOING FOR MONEY" - Wall Street

Back
Top Bottom